How do you feel about climate change? Is it affecting our world negatively?

If it is, can we reverse it?

• yes

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • no

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • It's a farce

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The climate is changing, but it's not man made

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • The climate is always changing

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Of course we should not pollute, but the climate is under God's control

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • the devastation of the planet is man made

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Don't worry, the polar ice cap is still there...

And..

No, I don't think that scientists are idiots.... They know that if they start presenting data that shows no warming... their funding, grants and cushy jobs will end... as for their tenure, credibility and reputations...

They are not idiots... they know who feeds them and which side their bread is buttered on.
it wasn’t the scientists at NASA who caused the problem they were having trouble getting accurate info about global warming out to the public . The problem stemmed from the office that handled the communiques . The head thought he was doing Bush Jr a favor by suppressing correct info about global warming . Chris Mooney wrote an expose about that and the harassment that the former head atmosphere scientist James Hansen had to put up with for years, because he thought it was too important to lie about . The book is called The Republican War on Science.

Upvote 0

Christopher0121

Brother In Christ
Jun 28, 2011
Ohio
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Can be. But here is the thing, it's been around since creation. Hot, Cold, Hot , Cold etc..... In our time it's become a huge industry is the difference. Follow the bucks !! As to climate change itself, it reverses itself by design, there is someone far more powerful than us in charge. Ask the dinosaurs, they lived fat dumb and happy in a hot climate and wham, that door such and an ice age made way for the next open door. We make far too much of ourselves.

I was reading through this thread and this post illustrates a minor frustration I have on this issue.

It's no big secret that most politically conservative Christians deny climate change. And, they tend to correctly point out that according to science, the earth has gone through hot and cold cycles throughout its history. This means that the recent warming of our planet (which I believe can't be denied) is just a part of the Earth's natural cycles.

The problem I have with this is that this understanding is based on... evolutionary science. A Creationist model doesn't present such data. In fact, a Creationist model will illustrate that the Earth was quite warm prior to the Great Flood. The polar ice caps are essentially the flood waters that froze around the polar regions during the approximate year and 10 days that the flood was upon the Earth. And, it has been frozen solid since. Some findings are believed to be evidence of this. We are finding animals in the thawing ice that were frozen almost immediately, one was frozen while in the very process of eating. These specimens still have skin and muscle tissue that is fully intact and not decomposed. In the Creationist model, if the arctic ice cap has been freezing and thawing over the millennia, a lot of these specimens wouldn't be being found.

In the Creationist model, the polar ice caps are frozen remnants of the Great Flood. They didn't exist prior to the Flood. That means, they have NEVER thawed like they are thawing now since the Flood. This would mean that the earth is truly undergoing a unique warming. And yes, it would be traced back to beginning just after the Industrial Revolution, when carbon emissions did begin a steep and steady increase.

I'm also frustrated because I believe that the Earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof. This is NOT our world. This world is God's world. He created it according to His will and purposes, not our own. Therefore, I believe man has a sacred obligation to care for and provide proper stewardship of the Earth. Clean soil, air, and water are essentials for human life. To pollute them with trash and toxic waste fails to demonstrate a love for one's neighbor and puts the lives and health of human beings in that region in danger. So, I do believe that environmental protection and conservation is a "Christian" obligation. In addition, the powers that be (corporate and governmental) tend to dump in poor undeveloped regions, endangering the impoverished people who live there. This is a tragic injustice. For the life of me, I don't know why Christians aren't on the front lines of environmental stewardship and conservation.

Personally, I enjoy fishing, hiking, and camping. I've also dabbled in birdwatching. I love taking my kids and sharing the beauty, majesty, and awe inspiring wonder of nature. And to be honest, I feel closer to God when I'm deep in the wilderness. In addition, it saddens me to think that so much of our pristine natural environments are in danger along with the species that inhabit these regions. I truly dread the day when my grand kids ask me what it was like to see an actual living tiger.

Now, I'm not a tree hugging crystal gazer. I'm just a Christian man. And yes, I typically support measures of conservation. I do not see the earth as something that can be truly "owned". The land, air, and water ways we use are on loan and will be inherited by future generations. Anything effecting the environment is never truly restricted to only the ones who legally "own" own it. Therefore, in my mind to contaminate these things endangers the life, liberty, and property of others. That being the case, the government is within it's limits to pass laws that protect the environment, lands, etc.

I was awakened to this topic back in my 20's when several major corporations wanted to build a strip mall in a local suburb. A problem arose when it became known that the wetlands that would need to be developed were home to a rare species of salamander. Suddenly the question was... Who has more of a "right" to the land? The corporations wanting to buy and develop it, or the species of salamander who have made that wetland their home for centuries? To my dismay, most local churches began mocking the notion of protecting the salamander. What troubled me was that they couldn't see beyond their idea that it was just a "silly animal". But it is the principle. If you don't protect one of God's creations in the land it was given by God, when does it end? When will any of these precious creations be protected? Again, to me it's a matter of sound stewardship of God's world.

Therefore, if the evidence is that the climate is more rapidly warming in relation to rising carbon emissions, I believe we as Christians have a moral obligation, a sacred obligation, to act in the best interests of God's creation and our neighbors who inhabit the regions that would be most heavily effected by climate change.

God created man from the dust of the Earth. Therefore, man is a part of the Earth. Whatever happens to the Earth, will ultimately happen to man. We are a part of the web of living things that God created. If we do not take special care not to upset the balance and embrace the interconnectedness of nature, we could end up creating a problem that can cost untold numbers of human beings their health or their very lives. And so, to love one's neighbor and honor God's creation is to ensure that there is clean soil, air, and water. No amount of "property rights" or "profit" can justify disregarding these things. For what would it profit a man to gain the whole world... and not be able to breathe the air or drink the water???

That's my understanding and those are my personal convictions on the matter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"Your "poll" is missing an input for

1/ It's a farce
2/ The climate is changing, but it's not man made
3/ The climate is always changing
4/ Of course we should not pollute, but the climate is under God's control. "

That's why we have a comment section:)

Upvote 0

grampster

Aug 18, 2019
Comstock Park
✟34,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My attitude is to just go about my daily business and not worry about stuff that is political and beyond my control. Global Warming/Climate Change is political. Just what does anyone think they can do outside of being just a descent steward of the things you can in your immediate circle? Maybe turn in your straws.
Most of you aren't old enough to know how dirty things were as little as 100 years ago or even 60 years ago. America and Americans have made tremendous strides in stewardship. Certain elements of our society conveniently neglect to mention that. Get rid of your cars? Then you can dodge the horse poop on the pathways. Get rid of the horses? Well, I hope you like walking. Except there won't be anywhere to walk to for any reason. Go back in your history books and see how people had to live 80 to 100+ years ago. Stop using fossil fuels? How are you going to heat or cool your house...if you actually have one any more? The cleanest and safest energy resource is nuclear power. There is so much unnecessary regulation that none can be built. Huge advances have been made in nuclear energy. Don't hear about that at all. This thread is a waste of time.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
My attitude is to just go about my daily business and not worry about stuff that is political and beyond my control. Global Warming/Climate Change is political. Just what does anyone think they can do outside of being just a descent steward of the things you can in your immediate circle? Maybe turn in your straws.
Most of you aren't old enough to know how dirty things were as little as 100 years ago or even 60 years ago. America and Americans have made tremendous strides in stewardship. Certain elements of our society conveniently neglect to mention that. Get rid of your cars? Then you can dodge the horse poop on the pathways. Get rid of the horses? Well, I hope you like walking. Except there won't be anywhere to walk to for any reason. Go back in your history books and see how people had to live 80 to 100+ years ago. Stop using fossil fuels? How are you going to heat or cool your house...if you actually have one any more? The cleanest and safest energy resource is nuclear power. There is so much unnecessary regulation that none can be built. Huge advances have been made in nuclear energy. Don't hear about that at all. This thread is a waste of time.
nuclear energy can be sabotaged to our annihilation
How about solar energy?

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Remember when the experts told the West to use birth control and reduce the birth rate because of OVER POPULATION? They convinced a few generations to have fewer or no children , 1- 2 children to replace the parents and now the Experts say in a few years there will not enough be enough individuals in certain countries to replace their workforce. Oh how the experts love to tell us things..... only enough to get us to go through their hoops , for their political or social agendas.

I do believe there are weather disturbances but I do not believe it is human induced, ie. not because of cars etc.... The Bible says there's going to be disturbances, monster storms and signs in the natural world , the Bible equates it to child birth-- leading up to Christ's return.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My attitude is to just go about my daily business and not worry about stuff that is political and beyond my control.
I think that is what the majority of people around the world do everyday. Very few people would appreciate the subtle changes in their local climate and be even more oblivious to changes worldwide.
Global Warming/Climate Change is political.
The truth is that nearly all governments around the world are doing next to nothing about climate change. These governments are following an agenda and that is an economic agenda, not an environmental agenda.
Most of you aren't old enough to know how dirty things were as little as 100 years ago or even 60 years ago. America and Americans have made tremendous strides in stewardship. Certain elements of our society conveniently neglect to mention that.
The USA ignores climate change and rightly so.

The USA cannot act on climate change as the effect on it's economy would be catastrophic.

Donald Trump is not for action on climate change.
Get rid of your cars? Then you can dodge the horse poop on the pathways. Get rid of the horses? Well, I hope you like walking. Except there won't be anywhere to walk to for any reason. Go back in your history books and see how people had to live 80 to 100+ years ago. Stop using fossil fuels? How are you going to heat or cool your house...if you actually have one any more? The cleanest and safest energy resource is nuclear power. There is so much unnecessary regulation that none can be built. Huge advances have been made in nuclear energy. Don't hear about that at all. This thread is a waste of time.
Nuclear power generation is a very expensive source of power.

The fact is that climate change is irreversible because the third world is developing rapidly.

The science of climate change is beyond debate.

No one can stop the climate changing and we never could stop it.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Remember when the experts told the West to use birth control and reduce the birth rate because of OVER POPULATION? They convinced a few generations to have fewer or no children , 1- 2 children to replace the parents and now the Experts say in a few years there will not enough be enough individuals in certain countries to replace their workforce. Oh how the experts love to tell us things..... only enough to get us to go through their hoops , for their political or social agendas.

I do believe there are weather disturbances but I do not believe it is human induced, ie. not because of cars etc.... The Bible says there's going to be disturbances, monster storms and signs in the natural world , the Bible equates it to child birth-- leading up to Christ's return.
What happens if your wrong?

What happens if the vast majority of Governments around the world are wrong. Given that they are trying to ignore climate change?

The climate is changing and that cannot be denied by anyone who bothers to do the research.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bfdd6988

Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2015
✟8,116.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I used to dismiss it all as a hoax until I realized that scientists were pretty unanimous in their belief that humans are driving the upward temperature trend. What do they reasonably stand to gain by lying about it? This being said, I don't buy into the various doomsday predictions proposed by many a climate false "prophet". The "steps we should take" are common sense anyway like polluting less and recycling and pursuing renewable energy (with a bit of help from the good ol' free market). Period.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Here's a link for you. I don't agree or disagree with it. I haven't read it. I just thought it might be of interest:

Liveleak.com - Expert Destroys Climate change hoax in 3 minutes.
Hello.

It is a video and you can't read it.

This fellow is not an expert on climate change.

This guy needs to do the necessary research on global climate change.

You can deny climate change all you want but the temperature statistics cannot be dismissed.

We just went through the hottest global norther summer/southern winter ever recorded. The temperature statistics record the reality of climate change, regardless of what anyone wants to believe.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
it wasn’t the scientists at NASA who caused the problem they were having trouble getting accurate info about global warming out to the public . The problem stemmed from the office that handled the communiques . The head thought he was doing Bush Jr a favor by suppressing correct info about global warming . Chris Mooney wrote an expose about that and the harassment that the former head atmosphere scientist James Hansen had to put up with for years, because he thought it was too important to lie about . The book is called The Republican War on Science.
Well, that says a lot... suppressing information, harassment, lying.. Who do you trust?
It is well known that "peer reviews" are not as reliable as they used to be. Scientists are funded by many different forms of grants and bursaries.... The media hates anyone that speaks out against things that are held to be "facts" and runs them off...

The world of science, in my opinion, is no longer men and women discovering facts about the universe and letting them lead to the next fact as the picture gets bigger and the puzzle gets more pieces placed in their spots...

Now, science has a predetermined mandated "truth" that is a destination.. Any science of any sort, that deviates off the path to this "holy" destination, is ignored, dismissed, hidden, lost, ridiculed or discredited.

This path... is the wide road which many travel to their destruction...

The true path is never accepted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I was reading through this thread and this post illustrates a minor frustration I have on this issue.

It's no big secret that most politically conservative Christians deny climate change. And, they tend to correctly point out that according to science, the earth has gone through hot and cold cycles throughout its history. This means that the recent warming of our planet (which I believe can't be denied) is just a part of the Earth's natural cycles.

The problem I have with this is that this understanding is based on... evolutionary science. A Creationist model doesn't present such data. In fact, a Creationist model will illustrate that the Earth was quite warm prior to the Great Flood. The polar ice caps are essentially the flood waters that froze around the polar regions during the approximate year and 10 days that the flood was upon the Earth. And, it has been frozen solid since. Some findings are believed to be evidence of this. We are finding animals in the thawing ice that were frozen almost immediately, one was frozen while in the very process of eating. These specimens still have skin and muscle tissue that is fully intact and not decomposed. In the Creationist model, if the arctic ice cap has been freezing and thawing over the millennia, a lot of these specimens wouldn't be being found.

In the Creationist model, the polar ice caps are frozen remnants of the Great Flood. They didn't exist prior to the Flood. That means, they have NEVER thawed like they are thawing now since the Flood. This would mean that the earth is truly undergoing a unique warming. And yes, it would be traced back to beginning just after the Industrial Revolution, when carbon emissions did begin a steep and steady increase.

I'm also frustrated because I believe that the Earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof. This is NOT our world. This world is God's world. He created it according to His will and purposes, not our own. Therefore, I believe man has a sacred obligation to care for and provide proper stewardship of the Earth. Clean soil, air, and water are essentials for human life. To pollute them with trash and toxic waste fails to demonstrate a love for one's neighbor and puts the lives and health of human beings in that region in danger. So, I do believe that environmental protection and conservation is a "Christian" obligation. In addition, the powers that be (corporate and governmental) tend to dump in poor undeveloped regions, endangering the impoverished people who live there. This is a tragic injustice. For the life of me, I don't know why Christians aren't on the front lines of environmental stewardship and conservation.

Personally, I enjoy fishing, hiking, and camping. I've also dabbled in birdwatching. I love taking my kids and sharing the beauty, majesty, and awe inspiring wonder of nature. And to be honest, I feel closer to God when I'm deep in the wilderness. In addition, it saddens me to think that so much of our pristine natural environments are in danger along with the species that inhabit these regions. I truly dread the day when my grand kids ask me what it was like to see an actual living tiger.

Now, I'm not a tree hugging crystal gazer. I'm just a Christian man. And yes, I typically support measures of conservation. I do not see the earth as something that can be truly "owned". The land, air, and water ways we use are on loan and will be inherited by future generations. Anything effecting the environment is never truly restricted to only the ones who legally "own" own it. Therefore, in my mind to contaminate these things endangers the life, liberty, and property of others. That being the case, the government is within it's limits to pass laws that protect the environment, lands, etc.

I was awakened to this topic back in my 20's when several major corporations wanted to build a strip mall in a local suburb. A problem arose when it became known that the wetlands that would need to be developed were home to a rare species of salamander. Suddenly the question was... Who has more of a "right" to the land? The corporations wanting to buy and develop it, or the species of salamander who have made that wetland their home for centuries? To my dismay, most local churches began mocking the notion of protecting the salamander. What troubled me was that they couldn't see beyond their idea that it was just a "silly animal". But it is the principle. If you don't protect one of God's creations in the land it was given by God, when does it end? When will any of these precious creations be protected? Again, to me it's a matter of sound stewardship of God's world.

Therefore, if the evidence is that the climate is more rapidly warming in relation to rising carbon emissions, I believe we as Christians have a moral obligation, a sacred obligation, to act in the best interests of God's creation and our neighbors who inhabit the regions that would be most heavily effected by climate change.

God created man from the dust of the Earth. Therefore, man is a part of the Earth. Whatever happens to the Earth, will ultimately happen to man. We are a part of the web of living things that God created. If we do not take special care not to upset the balance and embrace the interconnectedness of nature, we could end up creating a problem that can cost untold numbers of human beings their health or their very lives. And so, to love one's neighbor and honor God's creation is to ensure that there is clean soil, air, and water. No amount of "property rights" or "profit" can justify disregarding these things. For what would it profit a man to gain the whole world... and not be able to breathe the air or drink the water???

That's my understanding and those are my personal convictions on the matter.
I disagree. The creation model has plenty of room for cooler times. Some even believe that at the time of the flood.. there was a drastic cooling trend.

There is nothing in science that will not be revealed to be true when God reveals all.

• Agree
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, that says a lot... suppressing information, harassment, lying.. Who do you trust?
It is well known that "peer reviews" are not as reliable as they used to be. Scientists are funded by many different forms of grants and bursaries.... The media hates anyone that speaks out against things that are held to be "facts" and runs them off...

The world of science, in my opinion, is no longer men and women discovering facts about the universe and letting them lead to the next fact as the picture gets bigger and the puzzle gets more pieces placed in their spots...

Now, science has a predetermined mandated "truth" that is a destination.. Any science of any sort, that deviates off the path to this "holy" destination, is ignored, dismissed, hidden, lost, ridiculed or discredited.

All true of course but underneath all that scientific speculation is the hard truth of climate change.

I disagree with a lot of science but not with the fundamental climate record from the last fifty years.

Climate change cannot be denied.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Very well said... well done.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

. The true path never includes crackpot science. If it’s an accurate description of nature eventually the evidence will show that. Plate tectonics was once considered to be one of many theories about the earth’s surface . The other theories lacked some important detail that plate tectonics explained . The other theories were then discarded in favor of the one that explained everything. Crackpot science takes a dead idea and tries to shoehorn in back into valid science. Noahs Flood is a dead idea as far as science is concerned because not only are there better explanations for geological features; the main features and consequences of a noachian flood also have no evidence to support the idea . If you want The Flood to be accepted by the mainstream scientific community then you have to come up with the evidence that this truly occurred. Otherwise it’s going to be take a hike. Evidence! Not other cultures folktales , not silly twisted stories about geological formations like those supposed “giant trees “that are actually eroded volcanic necks

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
nuclear energy can be sabotaged to our annihilation
How about solar energy?
LOL... the entire grid and every apparatus, that has a circuit board, can be halted and turned into scarp metal with an EMP. That means lawn mowers, cell phones, fridges, dishwashers, stoves, coffee makers, cars, boats, furnaces and A/C units.... not that they would be much good as the entire grid would be down anyway....
.... Nuclear can be sabotaged... so can anything else...

Wind and solar are not efficient enough and we cannot afford it.. the economy will not support it.

Gas is fine, we have technology to keep it clean.

Go Hydro and you have all the tree huggers telling you that you cannot do it...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.