Dec 27, 2009
✟652,533.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I want Christian and non Christians it on this, because in a lot of ways, we're all in this together. A stronger Christianity, properly done, results in a better world for everyone.

So how do we do this? How do we bring about a Christianity that helps everyone out?

And I hate feeling like we need to beg for this, but please show respect in your replies. This thread & this subforum are designed to bring us together. Christians, we bicker too much already, and I hear the in-fighting of Christianity as the most common complaint against & reason to not join our beautiful faith. Non-Christians, you know I am showing an immense amount of respect by allowing you in on these discussions; please reciprocate this respect as you reply.

I wish blessings upon all of you, in whatever manner you understand them; may we all work together to build a better world for all!

What is Christianity supposed to achieve?
As I understand it according to the teachings of a Sage,

(do not have the time to look up who but most probably more then one)

Christianity purpose was to make aware of a coming Messianic era.

If that is the case, it went off the rails a long time ago,

that it got off the ground to start with it must have been Paul's work.

To what it has become today is a far cry from it's purpose.

I would not touch it with a bargepole.

• Agree
Reactions: awitch
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I am not going to argue your personal experiences. If you want to discuss reasons why I should believe the claims of Christianity, that might make Christianity stronger by one more believer. This thread is cool because it goes in several directions. I don't want to hijack the thread; but if you are anyone thinks adding new believers to the faith strengthens it--I'm open to discussion about it.

It is an interesting question. Some think that adding more people makes the Church stronger others think it can make the church weaker. IMO the Church doesn't need numbers to be strong. If one has 4 billion people that identify as Christians but 3.9 billion of them are only paying lip service because of tradition or wanting to fit in to a familiar group etc. including those 3.9 billion does not in any way strengthen the Church. If I want to be stronger adding fat to my body is not the best option. I need to add muscle mass . Muscle mass is added by exercising those muscles. So I would expect something similar would be needed if one were trying to strengthen the Church. There are several times where Jesus made the case that having additional people just hanging around was not the goal.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But this particular administration is one of the most cruel, corrupt, least humble and least charitable administrations in history - and is wildly popular among Christians because the administration caters to them.

I disagree with everything you said there. I don't find this administration to be any more or less cruel, corrupt, uncharitable or narcissistic than the average Presidential administrational. Nor do i see it as any more popular among Christians. It may well be less popular than most among the totality of the Christian population. Nor do i see it as catering to Christians. Trump does often giveloip service to Christianity and supports some things that some Christians also support but that is typical of Presidents as far back as I can recall. Perhaps you never noticed because the Christians that other President's agreed with also agreed with your positions on issues?

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I disagree with everything you said there. I don't find this administration to be any more or less cruel, corrupt, uncharitable or narcissistic than the average Presidential administrational. Nor do i see it as any more popular among Christians. It may well be less popular than most among the totality of the Christian population. Nor do i see it as catering to Christians. Trump does often giveloip service to Christianity and supports some things that some Christians also support but that is typical of Presidents as far back as I can recall. Perhaps you never noticed because the Christians that other President's agreed with also agreed with your positions on issues?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised you feel that way.
Well, we will have to agree to disagree for now since the going down that rabbit hole is beyond the scope of the topic.

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
It is an interesting question. Some think that adding more people makes the Church stronger others think it can make the church weaker. IMO the Church doesn't need numbers to be strong. If one has 4 billion people that identify as Christians but 3.9 billion of them are only paying lip service because of tradition or wanting to fit in to a familiar group etc. including those 3.9 billion does not in any way strengthen the Church. If I want to be stronger adding fat to my body is not the best option. I need to add muscle mass . Muscle mass is added by exercising those muscles. So I would expect something similar would be needed if one were trying to strengthen the Church. There are several times where Jesus made the case that having additional people just hanging around was not the goal.
It seems like that approach might isolate a person from feeling the need to engage in apologetics and follow 1 Peter 3:15.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This isn't my forum. It's not my rules or my place to say if you are welcome.

Just curious to know your reasons even though none of us has much control over CF rules. What sort of rules would you change and what would be the purpose? I don't disagree with a need for rules, because I have seen how unpleasant it can get on other sites that have laxer moderation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I want Christian and non Christians it on this, because in a lot of ways, we're all in this together. A stronger Christianity, properly done, results in a better world for everyone.

So how do we do this? How do we bring about a Christianity that helps everyone out?

And I hate feeling like we need to beg for this, but please show respect in your replies. This thread & this subforum are designed to bring us together. Christians, we bicker too much already, and I hear the in-fighting of Christianity as the most common complaint against & reason to not join our beautiful faith. Non-Christians, you know I am showing an immense amount of respect by allowing you in on these discussions; please reciprocate this respect as you reply.

I wish blessings upon all of you, in whatever manner you understand them; may we all work together to build a better world for all!
As a non believer I think one of the things that Christians can work on is not telling non believers what they think or believe. This goes south really fast. What I mean is don't tell non believers that they actually do believe in God or that they just want to sin etc.

On the non believe side we can be more supportive of the good things about Christianity. Such as loving and helping our neighbors for example.

Upvote 0