How do we know God's plan for our lives?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the only talents that God has given me.
There may be things you take for granted. For example, you might be able to walk a doggie for a disabled person.
to start focusing on my weight too. Which I've been doing lately.
I think as you find more and more love activities you do, this loving will satisfy you so it is easier to control what you eat.

In case you do website things, I think it can be good to make sure you have a good diet of sharing with other Christian people, in person, of various ages . . . including so you can feel the people you make games for, and perhaps you can discover what they need personally and spiritually so maybe you can design games to help them. And maybe find ways to get them to share with other people while gaming so they don't get isolated and escaping in games when they need to grow in character so they are strong in love for sharing with people without getting hurt and troubled, when they could forgive, instead, and learn how to relate.

Jesus did not give up on any of His disciples. So, I suppose you could have game challenges, about how you aren't going to give up on someone because of this or because of that, and points for harder things to forgive and lesser things. Maybe love life games.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We were all created for a purpose. Except for me it seems. I have virtually zero talents except I'm really good with computers. But I haven't really worked on a computer for three years now. To put it lightly, I'm depressed. Yet at the same time I'm happy. If that makes any sense? I mean... I have schizo-affective disorder (which is a mental illness that basically means I'm both schizophrenic and bipolar at the same time) so its natural for me to be depressed. That's why its a mixture of bipolar depression and schizophrenia. I mean... I know God loves me. I know that I'm saved (I'm sick of questioning my salvation and the salvation of others) but... I just want to know why God put me on this Earth so that I can go out and do it you know? I mean my life is almost over and I'm sick of just playing video games all day because I don't know what else to do with my life. I have no flipping clue what the hell God wants from me. I just know that I am special to him. So... How can I figure out my purpose? Unless my purpose IS playing video games and working on computers. If it is what a lame purpose I have! Lol. But basically those who are older than me. How did you discover Gods purpose for you? Don't be shy to share. I don't bite.

You find God's purpose for your life as you read His word, the bible. As you desire spiritual things and seek them you will find them. It is not wrong to play computer games, but if you are seeking God's will for your life you need to sacrifice a portion of that time to seek God in prayer.

Basically what we sow to is what we reap, if we so to spiritual things, we will reap spiritual things. If we sow to the natural we will get more of the same.

Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don´t think that God has plans for us necessarily. Even if there is a plan, does not mean we follow, since there is free will. Maybe it´s you who put these high standards on yourself. You can´t enjoy this great gift you have received called life, if you are not living in the moment, but wish to be other places. If you don´t think you have acheived anything, is because you look in the big perspective, instead of the small. I believe we learn everyday, everyday we wake up, we get a new chance to make it better than yesterday. That´s beautiful. Maybe you did not acheive something big in life, but that does not mean your life is worthless. We must find joy in the small things. only you know what´s in your heart, that is what is the most important. Live your life in gratitute, Thank God for each day you get to wake up, that´s all it takes really. All the small things you do is what counts, that´s enough. If you help an old lady over the road, give money to a homeless, etc, anything where you put yourself last is the essence of love, and what we believe in as Christians. If you do this, you have acheived it all, you do not need to acheive big things, what you have done is enough. All we have to do is love.

I gave 70% of my savings to a disabled veteran because I thought it was what God was telling me to do. Turns out it was just my naivety and now both our lives are in complete ruin with just about no hope of recovery. Not only did I fail to save his life, my huge gift and service ruined his marriage in the process and sent him to live with a crackhead because I'm just a walking cursed object. We are both ruined and God hates us with an infinite hate.

Some people are just cursed. He doesn't have a plan for everyone and doesn't even like that many people to begin with...

So I've learned my lesson. Time to float through this stupid life until it is time to be disposed of like trash. Hell's furnace will be needing fresh fuel soon....

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. ' Ephesians 2:10

I heard an interpretation of this verse that encouraged me at a time I felt I wasn't fulfilling any purpose. The interpretation suggests that God prepares the works for us to do ahead of time, so we just need to act decisively when it's clear that one of those 'God prepared' works are set before us, like helping a stranded person change a tire, or buying a beggar a sandwich, or cutting the neighbor widow's lawn, or visiting a friend in the hospital.

Also it could be as simple as always doing the next right thing, taking the next upward step, and eventually you'll reach the summit.

We can't all open orphanages in Nicaragua. :)

Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
'For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. ' Ephesians 2:10

I heard an interpretation of this verse that encouraged me at a time I felt I wasn't fulfilling any purpose. The interpretation suggests that God prepares the works for us to do ahead of time, so we just need to act decisively when it's clear that one of those 'God prepared' works are set before us, like helping a stranded person change a tire, or buying a beggar a sandwich, or cutting the neighbor widow's lawn, or visiting a friend in the hospital.

Also it could be as simple as always doing the next right thing, taking the next upward step, and eventually you'll reach the summit.

We can't all open orphanages in Nicaragua. :)

So what do you do when the stranded person gets hit by a speeding truck, the beggar chokes to death on the sandwich, you cut off the toes of your neighbor's child with the lawnmower, your friend gets a lethal virus from your visit due to his low immunity, and the orphans all die from Typhoid?

I'm not being facetious...this has been my "walk with God" so far :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So what do you do when the stranded person gets hit by a speeding truck, the beggar chokes to death on the sandwich, you cut off the toes of your neighbor's child with the lawnmower, and your friend gets a lethal virus from your visit due to his low immunity?

I'm sorry I really wish I knew. The strongest Christian I ever knew lost his house to the bank, his wife to her adultery, his job to the economy, and to top it off his only son professes himself an atheist. My friend is like a contemporary Job.
Life is one big test. Sometimes I look at near death experience videos on youtube for encouragement to remind myself there is an afterlife. Our 80 years is nothing next to eternity and God promises to restore us and balance the scales like He did for Job in His good time. That's all i 've got for what its worth. I'm sorry your suffering but God doesn't hate you with an infinite hate.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,356,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry I really wish I knew. The strongest Christian I ever knew lost his house to the bank, his wife to her adultery, his job to the economy, and to top it off his only son professes himself an atheist. My friend is like a contemporary Job.
Life is one big test. Sometimes I look at near death experience videos on youtube for encouragement to remind myself there is an afterlife. Our 80 years is nothing next to eternity and God promises to restore us and balance the scales like He did for Job in His good time. That's all i 've got for what its worth. I'm sorry your suffering but God doesn't hate you with an infinite hate.

Going along with what you just said, the Lord Jesus just gave me this to write in the last week:

Unshakably

An Original Work / November 29, 2018
Based off various scriptures

Cast your cares upon your Lord.

Come to Him
All you who’re weary.
Know that He will
Give you rest.

Take His yoke upon you
And learn from Him
And you’ll find your rest.

For His yoke is easy
And His burden’s light.
It’s His to bear.

Find the peace of Christ in heart.

Let the peace of Christ
Rule in your hearts,
And be then
So thankful.

And, the peace of God
Which is beyond all
We can comprehend

Will guard your hearts
And your minds in Christ,
For He is Lord of all.

Hope in God will not betray.

Let us hold
Unshakably to
The hope that
We now profess.

For the One
Who promised hope
Is faithful to
His ev’ry word.

Therefore, with minds
That are sober,
Set your hope
On Christ’s return.

Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I gave 70% of my savings to a disabled veteran because I thought it was what God was telling me to do.

I think your heart was in the right place and that's what matters to God. It's not your fault that the person relapsed into drug use, that's on him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

That's assuming you get into heaven at all. Most of us will be far too worn out to be spiritual. We will be like the living dead.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's assuming you get into heaven at all. Most of us will be far too worn out to be spiritual. We will be like the living dead.

Jesus described Himself as the well spring of living water. He is a nuclear power plant and invites you to tap in. Jesus can reach right inside of you and restore you in an instant. He is the God of fresh starts.. Earlier you said you are ruined. By whose standards are you ruined? Are you in serious debt? Are you recovering from some addiction that may have altered your brain chemistry? If you feel you have nothing left to lose than that too can be liberating. You are too young to be this forlorn. You sound like an artist. :)

Upvote 0

yaacotd

Dec 5, 2018
texas
✟495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We were all created for a purpose. Except for me it seems. I have virtually zero talents except I'm really good with computers. But I haven't really worked on a computer for three years now. To put it lightly, I'm depressed. Yet at the same time I'm happy. If that makes any sense? I mean... I have schizo-affective disorder (which is a mental illness that basically means I'm both schizophrenic and bipolar at the same time) so its natural for me to be depressed. That's why its a mixture of bipolar depression and schizophrenia. I mean... I know God loves me. I know that I'm saved (I'm sick of questioning my salvation and the salvation of others) but... I just want to know why God put me on this Earth so that I can go out and do it you know? I mean my life is almost over and I'm sick of just playing video games all day because I don't know what else to do with my life. I have no flipping clue what the hell God wants from me. I just know that I am special to him. So... How can I figure out my purpose? Unless my purpose IS playing video games and working on computers. If it is what a lame purpose I have! Lol. But basically those who are older than me. How did you discover Gods purpose for you? Don't be shy to share. I don't bite.
You know it by living it one day at a time.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Neo.. can I with out offending you.. say... what did Christ die for? Read Isa 53 and 1st Peter 2:... what did Christ die for? Is He the same yesterday today and forever? I notice you keep saying "I HAVE"..if we have a free will so to speak.. if God can not go against our free will.. if I keep saying I HAVE God will never go against my words my will. NOTHING wrong to say . I am sick...or the doctors say this or that..

I had a Doctor say something about they took out of my chest this year.. "maybe your that 1 in a thousand that will get or have" HUH? No.. I did receive that in Jesus name lol. The DOCTORS say.. praise GOD.. used for His glory amen. But what does GODS WORD SAY? YOU search YOU seek.. DONT take my word for anything...

Gods will one ..is His word...for me.. if I wanted to know.. I would get my life in order.. meaning KNOWING the things I was doing that may not be sin.. but.. do nothing for HIS kingdom. I would repent of all and ask Him to not old to my charge of sins I dont remember I should confess.. read His word pray always.. and when I asked..about what He wanted.. His path..so to speak.. I WILL KNOW He will answer.. He will tell you..

Like I wanted to go to School in Oklahoma.. I was in my twenties. Gods will.. I had this thought to go say good by to a old friend.. it just popped in my mind.. so I go over there.. guess what? She just HAPPEN to know of two people going the SAME WAY.... what are the odds? Well I was going blind.. see I didnt know anyone in Oklahoma.. no one. As we were just getting in to Oklahoma..and wow the bugs made HUGE noises..anyway.. the driver said.. she knew someone that went to Oral Roberts UNIV I might be able to stay with. Not the school I was going to or them.. but.. she thought I might be able to stay there..just had no clue where the school was.. at the SAME TIME we were talking.. the car behind us. The guy kept pointing up.

We pull over to this info stand and the guy right behind us.. he gets out .. and HIS WORDS "did you see me pointing up? " We answer yes ..He says "the lord told me you dont know how to get to Oral Roberts Univ and I am to show you the way" Holy JESUS.. sorry.. it happen to me and STILL WOW WOW WOW. praise God I LOVE telling this story of what our GOD WILL DO.

And no.. I was not praying always.. I was in my 20's.. I love Him.. I read His word.. I believe His word.. as in all the gifts what not..

Jesus is real. If its of Him.. you will have a peace.. and you will have a desire.. your his and your no slave no puppet.. Many go or do things they were never called to and are never happy.. If we ask will He not surly answer? Does He not answer before we finish our prayer? Do we TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN? hmm

So me wanting to go that that school.. MY desire yes.. yet HIS! ALL good things come from GOD!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I do realize that a little bit. But they're like the only talents that God has given me. So I guess what God wants from me is to bring people to Christ on video games and to finally make that website that I've been trying to make for the last 3 years or so. He probably wants me to start focusing on my weight too. Which I've been doing lately.
God doesn’t only work with our talents. Sometimes he pushes us out of our comfort zone.

You are closing yourself off if you only think God works with talents.

Some people do wonderful things like overcome drug abuse, alcoholism or violence with their families.

It’s not only what we do, but what we overcome and even things we no longer do. Sometimes God’s will is our story being a testimony to others.

Upvote 0