How do we distinguish ourselves from those pharisees whom Jesus called hypocrite?

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We distinguish ourselves by being humble and respectful of all. Love is not puffed up and boastful
Thank you for answering
Why do you think Jesus allowed himself to have such unrespectful words towards Pharisees, He who is humble?
He who was loving them, as well as teaching us to love each other the same way Hé did (,why not unrespectfully, as well?)

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The basic nature of "hypocrite" is having double standards.

For example, being nice to the rich but cruel and harsh to the poor.

Our world is double standard (hypocrite) by nature. Only seeks to please the rich and powerful but exploits the poor.

So one way to avoid being a hypocrite is to shun the ways of the world. Don't let worldliness or the ways of this world creep into our lives.

One thing the Pharisees were, they loved the things of the world, particularly money.

1 John 2:15-16
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father[a] is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jesus allowed himself to have such unrespectful words
Jesus is NO RESPECTER of persons. Rich or poor, great or small, good or bad.
YHWH is NO RESPECTER of persons.

Being "respectful" as you mention it would be/ is very very sinful, wrong in God's Sight.

• Agree
Reactions: introverteen
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is NO RESPECTER of persons
Sorry, I have to disappoint you.Don't mix the sinner up with his sin. He came to call sick persons, remember, not healthy ones. All His passion shows how respectful He was of sinners, yet not of sin. EVEN His unrespectful words towards pharisees were a sign of deep respect, for He GAVE them TRUTH. This, at least, I do believe.

By imitating Jesus or putting on his personality:
I agree. thank you for the comforting quotes of scriptures I didn't know

• Friendly
Reactions: Radrook
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
All His passion shows how respectful He was of sinners, yet not of sin. EVEN His unrespectful words towards pharisees were a sign of deep respect, for He GAVE them TRUTH. This, at least, I do believe.
See the contradiction in your own post.

respectful, then unrespectful... no.

It is written YHWH , God, Jesus is NO RESPECTER of persons. Men of flesh , men of this world, have nothing good in them anyway --
there is no reason at all for Jesus to die for anyone - no one has anything to offer that is good.

• Agree
Reactions: introverteen
Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
YHWH , God, Jesus is NO RESPECTER of persons.
Maybe I shall have to apologize for deceiving:whereis it written, please ?
Oh yes, I know where I maybe mistook:If so, It must be truth that Jesus is deeply respecting, not men, you're right. And there is yet love in this gift. Anyway, can you tell me where it is written, please?It's worth making double verification, after an error

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord Jesus loves ALL souls, but speaks against pompous ones who act and live in the flesh ---note Matt. 23 exposing the Pharisees. He knows who is humble, faithful, weak and ignorant, and who is haughty and promotes self as righteous and above others. The Apostle in 2 Tim. 3:5 also speaks of those who are "....having a form of godliness but denying the Power thereof; from such turn away". The Pharisees was that sect of the modern Israelite religion which had an attitude problem, like also the Sadducees.

We truly can separate ourselves from being a phony professor of Christ, and not real in the Faith, by being real and devoted in conforming to Jesus, the Christ of God ----would you say?

Last edited:
Reactions: peter2
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
All through SCRIPTURE, Genesis through Revelation it is totally verified.
Do your own reading and search,
but to start with
here are a few of the references:

Safe Search: Strict
Any Time

Acts 10:34 Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true ...
Acts 10:34 Verse (Click for ... Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: ... Let them know that this Jesus Christ, ...
biblehub.com/acts/10-34.htm
-------------------------------
A Respecter of Persons James 2:1-13
A Respecter of Persons ... have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of ... It is not good to have respect of persons in ...
brandonweb.com/sermons/sermonpages/james10.htm
----------------------------
Acts 10:34 KJV - Then Peter opened his mouth, and said ...
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: Then Peter opened his mouth, ... Acts 10:34. Acts 9 Acts 11
https://biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+10:34&version=KJV
-----------------------------------
No Respecter of Persons - Bible Truths
"No Respecter of Persons" ... and there is no respect of persons; ... (Tit. 2: 11). Jesus is the means of salvation for all men. Jesus, ...
bibletruths.net/Archives/BTAR152.htm
------------------------------
Lesson 30: "God Is No Respecter of Persons"
... "God Is No Respecter of Persons ... discusses a similar revelation that was given to the members of the Church shortly after the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
https://lds.org/manual/new-testament-gospel-doctrine-teac...
---------------------------------
What does it mean, "God is no respecter of persons"? | United ...
The New King James Version translates "God is no respecter of persons" as "God shows no partiality. ... have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, ...
https://ucg.org/bible-study-tools/bible-questions-and-ans...
--------------------------
Romans 2:11 For God does not show favoritism. - Bible Hub
Romans 2:11 Verse (Click for ... For there is no respect of persons with God. Deuteronomy 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great ...
biblehub.com/romans/2-11.htm

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
See the contradiction in your own post.
This apparent contradiction aims at distinguishing truth. Don't you think it would have been a far more unrespectful behaviour for Him to do to keep silent about what was wrong in them. No, He kindly guided them towards was true about their behaviour

We truly can separate ourselves from being a phony professor of Christ
. My ambition is just to be an example of christian truth seeking, not to be a professor. I think you actually believe this to be my goal..yet I wanted to confirm.

All through SCRIPTURE, Genesis through Revelation it is totally verified.
After you made me doubt about what I told, to start with early Genesis, I find God's behaviour respectful of Adam and Eve's concern as for their nudity, for He made for them clothes with skin.
Furthermore, He didn't let them without giving them truth about their sinner's nature, which is also a sign of respect.
Yet, I only write this with a spirit of doubt keeping.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
This apparent contradiction aims at distinguishing truth. Don't you think it would have been a far more unrespectful behaviour for Him to do to keep silent about what was wrong in them. No, He kindly guided them towards was true about their behaviour

This is actually a partly good illustration from Scripture how YHWH is not respectful of persons - HE always does what is best, perfect and right, without any regard for what people say or who they are.

Just found while searching the other examples below >>

Here is a "funny" or "fun" translation from a kind of old english:

Young's Literal Translation
"For there is no acceptance of faces with God,"
Romans 2:11 Parallel

That is a natural example of the trouble perhaps with language here,

vs eyes of the natural man vs eyes of the spiritual man.

(the spiritual man appraises all things, yet is appraised by no one)

The best understanding english to french(not translated, but to understand)
might be from this:
"MSG
If you go against the grain, you get splinters, regardless of which neighborhood you’re from, what your parents taught you, what schools you attended.

But if you embrace the way God does things, there are wonderful payoffs, again without regard to where you are from or how you were brought up.

Being a Jew won’t give you an automatic stamp of approval. God pays no attention to what others say (or what you think) about you. He makes up his own mind."

And then also from Biblegateway:
================Below is a variety of translations, none contradictory >
Romans 2:11
KJ21
For there is no respect of persons with God.
ASV
for there is no respect of persons with God.
AMP
For God shows no partiality [no arbitrary favoritism; with Him one person is not more important than another].
AMPC
For God shows no partiality [undue favor or unfairness; with Him one man is not different from another].
BRG
For there is no respect of persons with God.
CSB
For there is no favoritism with God.
CEB
God does not have favorites.
CJB
For God does not show favoritism.
CEV
God doesn’t have any favorites!

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Being a Jew won’t give you an automatic stamp of approval. God pays no attention to what others say (or what you think) about you. He makes up his own mind.
May be I got it:
You are actually saying He doesn't take into account how honored a man is by men to make up His mind about him. This glory from men does not meet with the childish relating with each other God requires from us. If so, I fully agree with you

This is actually a partly good illustration from Scripture how YHWH is not respectful of persons - HE always does what is best, perfect and right, without any regard for what people say or who they are.
Ditto. What I meant with the word "respectful" was not men are respectable by themselves, but it all had to do with how seriously God takes their salvation. It's a matter of seriousness taking as regards men's fate, not of wordly glory giving, about which, I still agree, God doesn't care. It all seems to me as a self language interpreting that was different for each of us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums