How do you get from, "I'm a Christian", to a gospel presentation? (think tank)

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus was here He Said, My Father is always working. And so it is for those that are truly born from above. When we learn to truly rest in Him(cease from our own labors) it is then that He works in and through us. When I go out into the world I have no preperation or plan to speak. but in one moment I can be walking in the flesh, and the next walking in The Spirit. This is The Lord's doing as He sees fit. It is my job to believe(have faith) and to be clean(repented up). It is The Lord's will that we believe so He can keep His promises to us and through us. And He does, for He is faithful. My testimony is not of myself for I am nothing, It would be of Him, in what He has done, and what He continues to do today. It would fill many books. The Lord has promised to provide for everything we need. It is not just in material things, it is also in spiritual things. Since I have laid my life down I trust Him enough to use me as a willing vessel. It is like hopping in the back seat and letting Him drive. The Lord loves being right in the mist of His creation. I can feel the unfathnable love He has for others. The lost and the saved alike. I am amazed at what comes through these unclean lips. A testimony is not about how it has worked for me, it is about how it has worked for Him. Do I think that the words the other day at the hospital in the mist of many people were effective? Yes I do. Do I think the man at the cancer center, that put out his hand to shake after talking just a bit, still has lung cancer. No I do not. This list can go on and on but I try not to look back, but to press forward. There will be testimonies for those lives The Lord has touched along this journey I am sure. Let them all give praise honor and Glory to The Lord for His mercy, as I do. So that is my calling Saint Steven, to gather. And since I have not mention Jesus in this response I say Jesus is Lord and Jesus has come in the flesh!
Wow. Great testimony, thanks! I'm glad I asked for it. - LOL
May God's blessing be upon you as you go and speak words of life into the hurting. AMEN

Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,964.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That's very interesting.
What sort of response do you get?
All sorts of responses, make a point of telling them you are a Christian first, asking about spiritual stuff on another day.

Depending on how much scripture memory you have, the Holy Spirit should just lead the conversation until it comes back to the gospel.

• Useful
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟800,884.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Okay, picking up from the "What should we call ourselves...?" topic. Now what?

We want to share the gospel with those in our sphere of influence. (for whom we are most responsible, I suppose)

How do we proceed from, "I'm a Christian."?

I suppose, even the statement, "I'm a Christian." will beg some questions. (but probably not unless they ask?)
That may be enough for the time being. Unless they want to talk more about it. (thinking out loud here)

Assuming this is friendship evangelism, you don't have to "go for the kill" in one meeting. Give it time.

I suppose the key is to read the situations to know when they are ready for more.
As a friend you have the RIGHT to talk about what is important to you.

You can tell them you went to church if they ask what you did over the weekend.
Religion is part of your life. They know that. BUT you need to show interest in what they are doing as well.

Anyway, enough about me. - LOL
Where do go from there? Or was I off on the wrong foot already?
How do YOU get from, "I'm a Christian." to a gospel presentation?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh wait... this is supposed to be controversial somehow... Hmm... ???
Oh, got it. I'm a Universalist. Why should I care about evangelism? I believe everyone is already saved, right?
So why bother? Good questions...

How do I present the gospel WITHOUT the threat of hell?
Can you do it? (double dare you)
Hopefully the person tells you: “You’re a Christian are you not”, without you saying you are a Christian.

Hopefully they start with a question about you.

You can always witness to the person, if you are trying to get to know each other: “I was once this, but through coming to know Jesus, He changed me to be_________”. Hopefully that fits their desire.

I often ask questions to see what we agree on and start there.

Hell is not normally their first thought.

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0