Illinois
✟176,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I try sharing it at sometimes, and I often get attacked like this.

"So your saying all we have to do is believe, and we can sin as much as we want and do whatever"

They keep creating a straw man before I even finish talking and no I never said we have a license to sin.

Other times I just get answers like

"This is all your imaginary friend", or "How do you know Christianity is true, what about other religions like Islam or Buddism?"

For me I did not look for evidence if Christianity is true, I should do it more often, but I just believed in Jesus and I was set free from sin and had experiences that I can't explain. I just feel connected to God, and not only based on feeling, its because the Bible says those who believe in the Son will have eternal life.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

"So your saying all we have to do is believe, and we can sin as much as we want and do whatever"

They keep creating a straw man before I even finish talking and no I never said we have a license to sin.

"This is all your imaginary friend", or "How do you know Christianity is true, what about other religions like Islam or Buddism?"

For me I did not look for evidence if Christianity is true, I should do it more often, but I just believed in Jesus and I was set free from sin and had experiences that I can't explain. I just feel connected to God, and not only based on feeling, its because the Bible says those who believe in the Son will have eternal life.
Paul answered you first question in Rom 6:1. You may be putting too much responsibility on yourself. Remember it is up to the Holy Sprint to open the heart and mind to the truth of what you are saying. Blessings and keep up the good work

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paul answered you first question in Rom 6:1. You may be putting too much responsibility on yourself. Remember it is up to the Holy Sprint to open the heart and mind to the truth of what you are saying. Blessings and keep up the good work

I show them the verses where it says we are saved by faith, and how its a free gift. A lot of people think there is a catch to it or that eternal life is hidden in the Bible.

I don't know why, sometimes it makes me think I am blind sometimes but as I pray and read God's word I feel assured that we are saved by faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For me I did not look for evidence if Christianity is true, I should do it more often, but I just believed in Jesus

We are told to be able to give an answer for what and why we believe. So in view of the answers you are getting you need to learn logical arguments for God and the facts behind Christrianity.
Start readind the reasonablefaith web site Q+A and the coldcasechristianity web site.

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian

See How the Gospel is Preached in the Bible. or The Gospel Series

In particular regarding proof, every instance the gospel is preached in the Bible it is backed up by miracles. For example in Athens Paul preached, "he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead." Acts 17:31

Why did Jesus say we should believe in him? "Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves." John 14:11 And likewise John writes as to the purpose of the miracles. "Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name." John 20:30,31 Under duress John the Baptist questioned his faith and asked of Jesus, "Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?" Jesus answered and said to them, "Go and tell John the things which you hear and see: "The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them." Mt 11:4,5

About sin, also whenever the gospel is preached in the Bible Jesus is spoken of being Lord.

"Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved" Acts 16:30-31

Though salvation is not contingent upon one's performance, which would be salvation by works, inherent in saving faith is the intention to do what Jesus said. Intention is an attitude, not a work. But it is part of saving faith - the pledge of allegiance to Jesus as Lord.

The fact that "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God." 1John 3:9 So upon coming to saving faith God deals with sinfulness by changing the person such that one loses the ability to live in sin. That's the response I give to such objections.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
James 2:14-26
Faith without Works Is Dead
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if a man says he has faith but has not works? Can his faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is ill-clad and in lack of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead.

18 But some one will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I by my works will show you my faith. 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder. 20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish fellow, that faith apart from works is barren? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar? 22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by works, 23 and the scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness”; and he was called the friend of God. 24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 And in the same way was not also Rahab the harlot justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way? 26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so faith apart from works is dead.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason why witnessing is so difficult is because it is the one thing we can do that Satan hates the most. Some people think that what you need is a 10-year course in apologetics before you can witness, or that you need is to be eloquent, articulate, or must have read two dozen books before you begin to witness. forget it!

To be a witness for Jesus Christ all you need to do is to have an authentic real born-again experience and a genuine repentance experience. And, all you need to know is that you have been forgiven your sins past, present and future at the cross of Calvary when Christ died a substitutionary death for you on the cross. Simply put, our witness is this:

“I was a sinner heading for hell, but Jesus forgave all my sins, and now, He’s taking me to Heaven.”

Be My Witnesses!

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The reason why witnessing is so difficult is because it is the one thing we can do that Satan hates the most. Some people think that what you need is a 10-year course in apologetics before you can witness, or that you need is to be eloquent, articulate, or must have read two dozen books before you begin to witness. forget it!

To be a witness for Jesus Christ all you need to do is to have an authentic real born-again experience and a genuine repentance experience. And, all you need to know is that you have been forgiven your sins past, present and future at the cross of Calvary when Christ died a substitutionary death for you on the cross. Simply put, our witness is this:

“I was a sinner heading for hell, but Jesus forgave all my sins, and now, He’s taking me to Heaven.”

Be My Witnesses!

I don't know why but most people I witness to think there is a catch to it, like there is a secret that they need to find.

I don't think eternal life is a hidden secret thing, the Bible doesn't seem to say so.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I pray for the Lord to create opportunities for me to share the gospel as
I be striving to live it out each day in a world that is hostile to it and those
who be Christian.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know why but most people I witness to think there is a catch to it, like there is a secret that they need to find.

I don't think eternal life is a hidden secret thing, the Bible doesn't seem to say so.

It's not. Even the thief on the cross was saved right at the very last moment. The problem is that most are blinded by the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4).

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The 4 main objections are these that I'm getting.

1. "So your saying we can sin all we want and be saved" People creating a straw man just to destroy it. And when I say we are saved by grace through faith somehow they come up with all these other things that I did NOT say.

2. What about Islam, what about Buddism, what about all these religions.

3. They simply don't believe in God.

4. They will think there is a catch, and say like "Are we really saved by faith?, we must do some other special thing it cannot be that easy".

I tried to show the scriptures that its a gift from God, not of ourselves. But the issue is they don't believe the Bible.

But I am new to this, so I may improve my witnessing overtime.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 4 main objections are these that I'm getting.

1. "So your saying we can sin all we want and be saved" People creating a straw man just to destroy it. And when I say we are saved by grace through faith somehow they come up with all these other things that I did NOT say.

What does Grace means once we are saved? Once we become the children of God by adoption? Do we continue in sin so we experience more Grace? NO! NOT AT ALL! (Romans 6:15). Under Grace we have the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, convict us, brings us to repentance, changes us, indwells us, and gives us the power over sin. Jesus said (at the Sermon on the Mount) that under law, the act of adultery is a sin, under Grace the thought of lusting is a sin. Under law, the act of killing is a sin, under Grace deep hatred towards someone is a sin. Grace is higher and purer not slimier. “The grace that does not change my life will not save my soul” – Charles Spurgeon. No one becomes Holy by accident.

2. What about Islam, what about Buddism, what about all these religions.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life." Only Jesus rose from the grave, Budha and the rest of them lot didn't. The only way to Salvation is the narrow way - "in Christ alone. "

3. They simply don't believe in God.

Keep praying that God would help their unbelief and give them spiritual eyes to see Christ, spiritual ears to hear Christ, and new heart open to Christ.

4. They will think there is a catch, and say like "Are we really saved by faith?, we must do some other special thing it cannot be that easy".

We don't have to do anything because Jesus did it all. All we have to do is surrender. For it is written, "For God so loved the world, He gave His one and only Son, Christ so that whoever believes in Him will be saved by faith and grace (John 3:16).

I tried to show the scriptures that its a gift from God, not of ourselves. But the issue is they don't believe the Bible.

It's okay, God's word will never return back to him empty (Isaiah 55:11). Just keep sharing the word of God with them in love and in truth even if you don't have all the answers.

But I am new to this, so I may improve my witnessing overtime.

Have a read through this - Blessed Assurance {Part II}

God bless.

See reply in quote :)

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is true.

Nobody seeks God, nobody wants to do good, and nobody wants to hear the truth.

Not every single person but for the most part. One thing I don't understand is how can someone live as an atheist with not a single hope in the afterlife? What do they have to lose by accepting a free gift of eternal life?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,699.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

There is really only way one to know how to share the Gospel. Get really close to the Holy Spirit. HE will guide you.

Let's look at what Messiah says about the world. He says there is demon seed out there. You can witness to them from now until Kingdom Come and it would not only be a waste of time but also dangerous, possibly. As He told us, "Do not give what is holy to the dogs or toss your pearls before the swine 'lest they turn on you and rend you."

Now some who may act like pigs and swine on the outside could turn out to be of the future redeemed. On the other hand, some who seem like great guys and gals on the outside can have piggy little hearts. Can you tell which are which? Unlikely. He can. That's why you have to let HIM lead.

Also, Messiah told us that, very sadly, only a few will make it to Heaven. Why waste your time on the many where it does no good? Well, you shouldn't. WAIT until the Holy Spirit guides.

So, again, your job is to get as close to Him as possible and stay in the passenger seat while He does the driving, and of course the saving, always. You're to be a servant, following orders, period.

Also, a lot of times people think they are more knowledgeable about the Gospels than they really are, and so are saying things that are not even correct. I have certainly found that to be true of my own self over the years. As I did more Biblical research I often saw how wrong I was in some areas.

So the 2nd thing to do is to pray that you, yourself, truly understand the Gospel. Don't take it for granted that you do.

If you are very healthy do a once a week water-only fast with prayer to really know the Word in your heart, and to witness when, as, and to whom the Father wishes. (More fasting than that is not good for your health, especially the adrenals, so don't overdo it! Yeal, Moses and the Messiah fasted 40 days and nights but we ain''t them!)

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,699.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That is true.

Nobody seeks God, nobody wants to do good, and nobody wants to hear the truth.

Not every single person but for the most part. One thing I don't understand is how can someone live as an atheist with not a single hope in the afterlife? What do they have to lose by accepting a free gift of eternal life?
They often don't see it like that. They see accepting the Lord as being intellectually dishonest. They have become convinced there is no proof for Him. Sometimes they have been (and this was true for me) raised in a world where religious hypocrisy, even spiritual abuse, abounded and so are disgusted with even the mention of the Bible or the Lord.

Usually they have been indoctrinated into the pseudo science of evolution and other secular myths which contradict the Bible.

Sometimes they just ain't nice! They don't like goodness so they don't like the idea of any loving Deity. Sometimes they are secretly into other gods, if you get my drift.

Most of all they live in a world where the father of lies is great at his job of deceiving the masses. He weaves industrial strength, invisible, webs over people's minds. "We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers" of the air, i.e. unseen, evil entities from the dark side.

Often I have gotten into discussions with others, after years of research on evolutionism, to show the hard core facts, the scientific evidence for creation and against Neo Darwinism. But when I was finished the Lord would remind me, If I forgot, that I was just being "religious" unless I prayed for their eyes to be opened.

That is another thing you need the Holy Spirit for - not just to know when and to whom to witness - but for prayer for Him to open the eyes of their understanding.

And, always remember, that even if you witness just right and to just the correct people it may take years for the seeds to start to grow. That was true for me, too.

• Friendly
Reactions: JohnB445
Upvote 0

Ennon Slegers

Feb 1, 2021
Colombo
✟8,228.00
Country
Sri Lanka
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am so glad that you have the burden to share the true gospel as a follower of Jesus. Whenever we share the good news of Jesus there will be oppositions for sure.

But don't be discouraged.

Find ways in which you can approach the unbeliever according to their worldview.
But there are certain things that are common to every single individual as human.

The video I have linked below will clearly explain how we can reach people.

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
"Preach the Gospel at all times. Use words if necessary".
Actions speak MUCH louder than words. The folks I've been blessed to lead to Christ got curious about my faith AFTER they watched me. My actions, how I lived out my beliefs. I was shocked by one occasion...we were moving and I didn't want to take all the stuff I had in my pantry. So, I caught up with someone I knew who had fallen on hard times and brought them the entire contents of my pantry. I mean you name it, I had it. I took it to them. They were shocked and asked me why I did that. So I told them that in my belief, you share with those who aren't as fortunate. About 15 minutes later I had the opportunity to lead them in prayer...
Never EVER said a word about much of anything...it was after I had earned the ability to be heard that I talked to them about Jesus, the Gospel and salvation.
I think a lot of Christians, especially now that Christianity has such a bad reputation, try to immediately start with a gospel presentation...it won't work. Let Christ show through your life first. Earn the privilege to be heard.

Upvote 0