Serbia
✟8,647.00
Country
Serbia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
i don't know the answer apart of saying you are not alone, there are a lot of people unhappy with their wives and counselling usually doesn't help because the counsellor always picks the female side.

Men are supposedly to love their wives like Christ loves the Church, no one is talking about His disciplinarian side, all only talk about His graceful side. So it doesn't matter how badly your wife treats you, suck it up is their motto, but oh wrongful you, if you even as much as raise your voice against her, for she is the weaker vessel to be cherished loved and dotted on.

Our son is going through this right at this moment in time. She can manipulate, scream bad and mean things him, belittle him in front of the kids, steal from him, exploit and deceive him, but he is not allowed to get upset about that for Jesus wouldn't love His Church like that.

i advise you to seek good Christian counselling, i say good because a lot isn't good. Your wife needs a Jesus revelation, you might need one as well, so that she, and you will get arrested in your bad life and Jesus brings back to life the good life that was once there.

Peace.

Who gave a man the right to "discipline" a woman? If you can not accept the person, and live in relative peace, don't live with them, don't choose them as a wife or husband. Find some soul you can live with. When a man, full of his own faults - but "a man", would try to "discipline" me, show me how I need to be, I would say: look at the log in your eye first, and then the speck in mine. And leave. No deal in constant reminding that someone is not perfect. No one is. "A man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife" - man and wife should be one. Not one "preaching" to other. They need to live in unity, to support each other. Every human should look in her/him self. And get better by his own pace. Love helps a lot. Not nagging, nor disciplining.
If a man takes an evil wife, who's to blame? You can not change her, only God can. No one can tell me that a man didn't know what kind of person his future wife is. He knew very well, but didn't care as much since she was real' pretty. And that is usually enough, for a man thinks he can "discipline" her later. Women are not domestic animals. Even animal you don't discipline, but teach. Best by reward and kindness.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is anyone else bothered by this notion that wives are nothing but "mirrors" for men? That a woman's sole purpose is to reflect who a man is? I don't know, that just does not sit well with me at all. Maybe I'm missing some crucial information here.
I

I think it's a huge burden to put on the husband as well!

Upvote 0

Jovajna

Oct 3, 2020
Serbia
✟8,647.00
Country
Serbia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I want to love my wife as Christ loves the Church, I want to have patience with her, I want to reject anger and have compassion and mercy on her and bear fruit. She claims to be a Christian but is the most spiteful, impatient, easily angered, and gossipy person I know. She intentionally attacks my insecurities to "get at me", is so easily triggered by anything I say, creates a list of grievances against me and when I go to change and fix them, she claims I am not doing anything to fix them and then rejects my attempt at fixing my issues. She will get angry and swear at me, make me the bad guys for everything that goes wrong. I will get vulnerable when she is not angry sometimes and share the weight of my sin, stressors, desires, etc. and she will lovingly listen to me, then within 30 minutes go ballistic and use all of my stressors and insecurities I just poured out to her as a weapon against me. She attempts to read her Bible but I believe just sees it as a chore. I have told her countless times about how easily she is angered and asked her where her fruit is and telling her that she cannot behave like this and needs to stop now (to which I received major anger, to be honest, probably rightfully so) to which she goes ballistic and paints me as a legalist. I hope and pray daily that one day, she will stumble across Proverbs 31 and realize that she is NOT the Proverbs 31 wife and I pray that she reads Proverbs 25:24 and realizes she is that woman then turns to the Gospel, changes her ways, and finds mercy and grace in God's presence. I pray that every day nearly. I am with my faults too. Sometimes these things are because of ways I react to her going ballistic but this woman is the most spiteful and contentuous woman I know. The worst part? Within a few hours she is back to her sweet self and apologizes, just to return right back to her vomit so to speak the next day. Jesus said that he who is angry with his brother has already commit murder in his own heart. This woman brings me to anger every time we fight (which is nearly every day). I don't believe in divorce otherwise I would be long gone, I want to bear fruit and have mercy on her but I cannot find it in my heart. She is slowly pushing me away and killing my fruit. How do I love my wife who is so terrible to me? I have prayed time and time again to no avail. I feel nearly hopeless at this point and we haven't even been married a year. I know there will be plenty of "well if you knew this you shouldn't have married her" but this new behavior is entirely new to marriage. Please pray and give me guidance brothers and sisters.

If you call her terrible and don't know how to love her (just from the caption), then I'm not sure why are you still with that person? Divorces are happening every minute, either you believe in them or not, even kings were getting divorced (queens usually get a guillotine). If she uses your weaknesses to push your buttons - Run.
On the other hand, if you are both quite young, there is a chance you'll get wiser and more tolerant. But don't wait until one of you dies inside. Pray to God so He tells you what to do, not how to change her.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I want to love my wife as Christ loves the Church, I want to have patience with her, I want to reject anger and have compassion and mercy on her and bear fruit. She claims to be a Christian but is the most spiteful, impatient, easily angered, and gossipy person I know. She intentionally attacks my insecurities to "get at me", is so easily triggered by anything I say, creates a list of grievances against me and when I go to change and fix them, she claims I am not doing anything to fix them and then rejects my attempt at fixing my issues. She will get angry and swear at me, make me the bad guys for everything that goes wrong. I will get vulnerable when she is not angry sometimes and share the weight of my sin, stressors, desires, etc. and she will lovingly listen to me, then within 30 minutes go ballistic and use all of my stressors and insecurities I just poured out to her as a weapon against me. She attempts to read her Bible but I believe just sees it as a chore. I have told her countless times about how easily she is angered and asked her where her fruit is and telling her that she cannot behave like this and needs to stop now (to which I received major anger, to be honest, probably rightfully so) to which she goes ballistic and paints me as a legalist. I hope and pray daily that one day, she will stumble across Proverbs 31 and realize that she is NOT the Proverbs 31 wife and I pray that she reads Proverbs 25:24 and realizes she is that woman then turns to the Gospel, changes her ways, and finds mercy and grace in God's presence. I pray that every day nearly. I am with my faults too. Sometimes these things are because of ways I react to her going ballistic but this woman is the most spiteful and contentuous woman I know. The worst part? Within a few hours she is back to her sweet self and apologizes, just to return right back to her vomit so to speak the next day. Jesus said that he who is angry with his brother has already commit murder in his own heart. This woman brings me to anger every time we fight (which is nearly every day). I don't believe in divorce otherwise I would be long gone, I want to bear fruit and have mercy on her but I cannot find it in my heart. She is slowly pushing me away and killing my fruit. How do I love my wife who is so terrible to me? I have prayed time and time again to no avail. I feel nearly hopeless at this point and we haven't even been married a year. I know there will be plenty of "well if you knew this you shouldn't have married her" but this new behavior is entirely new to marriage. Please pray and give me guidance brothers and sisters.

i can identify with much of what you say. in my own experience, it almost destroyed me.

my advice may seem cryptic, but i believe you'll understand it - follow peace, regardless of what peace seems to cost you or what you have to give up to find it - because their is no rest without peace, and it is extremely difficult to hear from the Lord when you're in constant turmoil...

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I am going through something similar to the point that I got us rebaptized, if anything to remind him that we are Christians. Have you considered that a demon could be working through her to cause you to sin to stumble you into hell? As Christians we have to be on guard always because satan rewards the demons for causing Christians to stumble. You need to reclaim your home and ask God to safeguard your wife and not allow her to be used as an instrument for evil. My husband has been acting in very non - Christian ways and has me beside myself lately but I recognize what it is. I just wonder if he has always been this way and was hiding it, or if he changed because I cannot tell. I am personally about to do a fast and ask God to show me what to do because my red flags are getting redder!! I do not believe in divorce either which has me troubled too, but I cannot stay with someone who is indifferent to God and does not share my desire for Godliness and loving the Lord. i recognize that I am changing as well as I am seeing obvious changes in the world that are signaling time to make some changes and he does not see it and thinks Im acting crazy. What you are dealing with is just cruelty and it is uncalled for. A Christian woman would not treat her husband like that on her worst day.

Reactions: KLadySaved
Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am going through something similar to the point that I got us rebaptized, if anything to remind him that we are Christians. Have you considered that a demon could be working through her to cause you to sin to stumble you into hell? As Christians we have to be on guard always because satan rewards the demons for causing Christians to stumble. You need to reclaim your home and ask God to safeguard your wife and not allow her to be used as an instrument for evil. My husband has been acting in very non - Christian ways and has me beside myself lately but I recognize what it is. I just wonder if he has always been this way and was hiding it, or if he changed because I cannot tell. I am personally about to do a fast and ask God to show me what to do because my red flags are getting redder!! I do not believe in divorce either which has me troubled too, but I cannot stay with someone who is indifferent to God and does not share my desire for Godliness and loving the Lord. i recognize that I am changing as well as I am seeing obvious changes in the world that are signaling time to make some changes and he does not see it and thinks Im acting crazy. What you are dealing with is just cruelty and it is uncalled for. A Christian woman would not treat her husband like that on her worst day.
I'm really sorry to hear about what you're going through. I can relate :( I pray God guides you to the truth, and to safety and well-being for your heart, soul, and body.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm really sorry to hear about what you're going through. I can relate :( I pray God guides you to the truth, and to safety and well-being for your heart, soul, and body.
Thank you. Yeah Im beside myself and really questioning his intent and our future. I mean he got Angry with me because I said they would have to give the mark of the beast to my dead body. ANGRY Like he wants me to get it!!That floored me

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you. Yeah Im beside myself and really questioning his intent and our future. I mean he got Angry with me because I said they would have to give the mark of the beast to my dead body. ANGRY Like he wants me to get it!!That floored me
He said he wanted them to mark your dead body? Am I understanding that right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He said he wanted them to mark your dead body? Am I understanding that right?
No, I said they would have to mark my dead body and he got angry and said " what if we have no choice? We have to make money" I said " then we find another way to make money! Im not getting it!" He goes " you say that now.." Me " I will never stop saying that! We are talking about eternity." And he started yelling at me and told me I was stupid

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, I said they would have to mark my dead body and he got angry and said " what if we have no choice? We have to make money" I said " then we find another way to make money! Im not getting it!" He goes " you say that now.." Me " I will never stop saying that! We are talking about eternity." And he started yelling at me and told me I was stupid

Ohhh, I see now.

I'm so sorry if he called you stupid :( That's certainly not okay!

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ohhh, I see now.

I'm so sorry if he called you stupid :( That's certainly not okay!
It's not even that!! He can call me whatever he wants! It's the mark, hell, eternity thing thats getting to me! That part of the Bible is very clear. There is no " everybody interprets it differently" No,...no they don't!

"And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.” Revelation 14:11
That is pretty cut and dry!

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
She claims to be a Christian but is the most spiteful, impatient, easily angered, and gossipy person I know. She intentionally attacks my insecurities to "get at me", is so easily triggered by anything I say, creates a list of grievances against me and when I go to change and fix them, she claims I am not doing anything to fix them and then rejects my attempt at fixing my issues. She will get angry and swear at me, make me the bad guys for everything that goes wrong. I will get vulnerable when she is not angry sometimes and share the weight of my sin, stressors, desires, etc. and she will lovingly listen to me, then within 30 minutes go ballistic and use all of my stressors and insecurities I just poured out to her as a weapon against me.

Your wife could have some psychological issue.

Borderline personality especially comes to mind. There is a real Dr. Jekyll/ Mr. Hide effect to that. Those people have only 2 states unlike most other people who have a range of emotions along a spectrum. 1) They can see you as the best person on Earth, 2) They see you as the worst person on Earth. And there is no middle ground, and they can move from one state to the next in a matter of seconds...

Many years ago, actually late high school, I had a young adult friend who had that diagnosis. I did not understand the significance of it at the time. I just thought the person was erratic, and maybe a little immature.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stop pointing out her sins. We had a bad first year, we fought and swore. She was a godly woman for heaven sakes! I was green. Then I stopped fighting, gave her her way and was understanding. I admitted I was wrong. I loved her more than what my own flesh was saying - more than my own body. I quit correcting her. She liked to fight my ongodliness. She raised kids a single mom and knew the score. Does a woman want a boss? And so one to tell her she’s wrong? That’s not what a husband is for. He is the one who loves her.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Endeavourer

Aug 30, 2017
Cloud 9
✟89,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your wife could have some psychological issue.

Borderline personality especially comes to mind. There is a real Dr. Jekyll/ Mr. Hide effect to that. Those people have only 2 states unlike most other people who have a range of emotions along a spectrum. 1) They can see you as the best person on Earth, 2) They see you as the worst person on Earth. And there is no middle ground, and they can move from one state to the next in a matter of seconds...

Many years ago, actually late high school, I had a young adult friend who had that diagnosis. I did not understand the significance of it at the time. I just thought the person was erratic, and maybe a little immature.

I don't think this is his problem, and would hesitate to feed into the idea that his wife has a diagnosis until he can clean up his side of the street. If you read his other thread and this one together, you will see that he is significantly contributing to his problem, and that his wife's behavior is to a certain extent, if not altogether, a reaction to his behaviors.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Normally I am primed to disagree or contradict folks who often don't interpret or understand what I'm getting at etc. But after looking at the "Spiritual rebellion" talk in that other thread I can sort of agree with you and even sympathize with the wife.

Reactions: Endeavourer
Upvote 0