Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Apparently, this will solve all my problems in life.

Its done by praising God all day on your lips.

You want to know the only kind of music i listen to?

Worship music to Jesus or God.

You know what happens when you praise God or Jesus in song? the spirit enters into you.

Do not listen to confusion.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,224,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
For New Christians Forum Statement of Purpose
We would ask that members direct their responses to the member who started the thread and refrain from debating one another's theological beliefs and viewpoints. Do not use this forum to debate with other Christians as that is not the purpose of this forum.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,647.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The doctrines of William Seymour, who just happened to be a black man!
This image was penned by William Seymour himself, illustrating the way to the Holy of Holies and the full infilling of the Holy Ghost...
1. The Outer Gate - Faith is what opens the door
2. The Altar - Faith in Christ is our acceptable sacrifice
3. The Laver - “Sanctification makes us clean on the inside.” - Seymour
4. Shewbread - The Word of God
5. Candlelight- Character- Joy, peace, love, etc.
6. Golden Altar - Prayer and praise
7. The Ark - The fullness of God

Setmout4.jpg

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seek and you shall find. Fasting and prayer can help lead you to Christ. Read The Word and pray. If you truly focus on Christ I believe you will come to understand The Way.

Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You ask "How do I Live ONLY IN THE SPIRIT?"

Paul compares "walk by the Spirit" and "works of the flesh" in his letter to the Galatians:

Galatians 5:16-18
But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

God allows bad things to happen to His people to test the validity of their faith, to determine if their faith is a lasting faith, to determine if it's a destructible faith. Because if it's a destructible faith, it is not a saving faith.

Saving faith is indestructible, enduring to the end. Saving faith perseveres. Hezekiah was being tested in 2 Chronicles 32:31 and it says, "God left him to test him that he might know all that was in his heart."

God abandoned Hezekiah so that Hezekiah could see what he was really like when left to himself. It wasn't that God needed to know what he was like, God knows that. A true saving faith will pass that test.

Read Hebrews 12:10-11.

The way to never be disappointed in this life is to make sure that your preoccupation is in the life to come.

The good news is when we are born again, we are washed clean of all our sin, we are new creatures in Christ, and Jesus is Lord. Praise the LORD.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,647.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
This image was penned by William Seymour himself, illustrating the way to the Holy of Holies and the full infilling of the Holy Ghost...
1. The Outer Gate - Faith is what opens the door
2. The Altar - Faith in Christ is our acceptable sacrifice
3. The Laver - “Sanctification makes us clean on the inside.” - Seymour
4. Shewbread - The Word of God
5. Candlelight- Character- Joy, peace, love, etc.
6. Golden Altar - Prayer and praise
7. The Ark - The fullness of God

View attachment 259895

Jake and Elwood attending one of those William Seymour type African American services....

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I apologise to everyone, on this thread, that were only trying to help.

I was not in a nice place, mentally, today.

Sometimes I am feeling good - other times I am rock bottom - very HOT and COLD.

This is just a process.

Doesn't help when I am just coming out of something emotionally traumatic and trying to go down this road.

So I am sorry.

Even right now me typing *I am sorry* brings up emotions of anger/hurt it was what I was told during my emotional break up after hearing things that (right now) really bothers me in a way that.....anyway....yeah.....

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I apologise to everyone, on this thread, that were only trying to help.

I was not in a nice place, mentally, today.

Sometimes I am feeling good - other times I am rock bottom - very HOT and COLD.

This is just a process.

Doesn't help when I am just coming out of something emotionally traumatic and trying to go down this road.

So I am sorry.

Even right now me typing *I am sorry* brings up emotions of anger/hurt it was what I was told during my emotional break up after hearing things that (right now) really bothers me in a way that.....anyway....yeah.....

Read in the Psalms can help, and so can the Book of John...

Those books especially bring me peace.

Never let anyone steal your salvation..

• Friendly
Reactions: Aabbie James
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your going to hear so many different views. Take "praying in the spirit"..say "tongues" watch out.

Seems JESUS or GOD. Everything Jesus said was the Fathers words. Said "Luke 11:13 So if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" you might want to search on this more.. study.. YOU..not what I say or believe. I want ALL of Him..everything. I did ask.. something did happen. Praise GOD glory to JESUS.. I can't even think what live for ME ME would have been with out.. asking for this.

Gets better and better.. well.. think.. gee where are all this THOUGHTS desires about GOD His word coming from? HELLO? GOD! AWESOME!

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
say "tongues" watch out
I don't think tongues is important, in the grand scheme of things.
Everyone must stay in their lane. Some will be great at tongues some not - everyone has their 'gifts'.

Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,647.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don't think tongues is important, in the grand scheme of things.
Everyone must stay in their lane. Some will be great at tongues some not - everyone has their 'gifts'.
William Seymour thought so too.... Who taught hearing from God as a seven step process...

1. The Outer Court - Justification - Faith to enter in.
2. The Altar - Salvation by acknowledging and believing on Jesus
3. The Laver - The clean effects of sanctification.
4. Table of Showbread – Partaking of the Word of God.
5. Light at the Lightstand - Faith, hope, charity, joy, grace, spiritual fruit, etc.
6. The Golden Incense Altar - Prayer and Praise meetings.
7. The Holy of Holies - The Shekinah Glory and Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

And when Moses was gone into the tabernacle of the congregation to speak with him, then he heard the voice of one speaking unto him from off the mercy seat that was upon the ark of testimony, from between the two cherubims: and he spake unto him. - Numbers 7:89

It was in the Holy of Holies that God spoke to Moses. It is also the place where you can hear from him too. This is Pentecostal doctrine whose architect, William Seymour, issued this disclaimer...

William Seymour warned that, “Whenever the doctrine of the baptism in the Holy Ghost will only be known as the evidence of speaking in tongues, that work will be an open door for witches and spiritualist and free loveism. That work will suffer because all kinds of spirits can come in.”

Temple_zps43c1911c.png

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
William Seymour thought so too.... Who taught hearing from God as a seven step process...

1. The Outer Court - Justification - Faith to enter in.
2. The Altar - Salvation by acknowledging and believing on Jesus
3. The Laver - The clean effects of sanctification.
4. Table of Showbread – Partaking of the Word of God.
5. Light at the Lightstand - Faith, hope, charity, joy, grace, spiritual fruit, etc.
6. The Golden Incense Altar - Prayer and Praise meetings.
7. The Holy of Holies - The Shekinah Glory and Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

And when Moses was gone into the tabernacle of the congregation to speak with him, then he heard the voice of one speaking unto him from off the mercy seat that was upon the ark of testimony, from between the two cherubims: and he spake unto him. - Numbers 7:89

It was in the Holy of Holies that God spoke to Moses. It is also the place where you can hear from him too. This is Pentecostal doctrine whose architect, William Seymour, issued this disclaimer...

William Seymour warned that, “Whenever the doctrine of the baptism in the Holy Ghost will only be known as the evidence of speaking in tongues, that work will be an open door for witches and spiritualist and free loveism. That work will suffer because all kinds of spirits can come in.”

Temple_zps43c1911c.png
learning to speak in tongues is not my top priority right now

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All need to hear Christ's words, so that we can be on the "rock" He says we need to build on to be strong and secure!

So, it's one of the most rewarding things, and so much more interesting and unexpected than people think, to read what He said:

Start here, and it's fine to start at verse 18 (but verse 1 if like genealogy (that fulfilled Jewish prophecies)):

Matthew 1 NIV

By chapter 4 you'll be hooked I think, and especially in chapter 5, things get so unexpected and amazing.

Just read and listen and mediate as you like on the words. Some days I read a chapter or 2, but some days a verse or 2 is an entire meal!

Reactions: J Daniel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow!

I am reading it - and I realised something.

(I have read Matthew before but rereading you pick up on things)

When Jesus was tested and he was temped to jump of the mountain and Jesus said DO NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST (he was referencing Deuteronomy) I realised why I have been ill....I have been putting God to the test..........it is for ME to show character and handle business...............

All need to hear Christ's words, so that we can be on the "rock" He says we need to build on to be strong and secure!

So, it's one of the most rewarding things, and so much more interesting and unexpected than people think, to read what He said:

Start here, and it's fine to start at verse 18 (but verse 1 if like genealogy (that fulfilled Jewish prophecies)):

Matthew 1 NIV

By chapter 4 you'll be hooked I think, and especially in chapter 5, things get so unexpected and amazing.

Just read and listen and mediate as you like on the words. Some days I read a chapter or 2, but some days a verse or 2 is an entire meal!

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,647.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
learning to speak in tongues is not my top priority right now
You miss read my post. I did not say anything about learning to speak in tongues. I was agreeing with you that tongues were not important in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: J Daniel
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not possible to live only in the Spirit. I do believe knowing your God more intimately will deliver the fruit you are seeking. Until then your flesh is more powerful.
Blessings

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is not possible to live only in the Spirit. I do believe knowing your God more intimately will deliver the fruit you are seeking. Until then your flesh is more powerful.
Blessings
of course

Upvote 0