• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured How do I live ONLY IN THE SPIRIT?

Discussion in 'For New Christians' started by J Daniel, Jul 22, 2019.

1. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+147
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Apparently, this will solve all my problems in life.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+147
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I was told: prayer and fasting is not the way.

So please, tell me.

3. bmjackson

bmjackson Newbie

+165
    Christian
    Single
    It is through faith - faith that Christ has already done what is necessary. It is now up to us to believe (reckon means act on it as well) that our old man WAS crucified with Christ, and that we are now able to have victory over sin. Will try to post some writings on it but look up Holiness Movement writers.

4. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+147
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Okay so I just have to believe ok i already believed Jesus died on cross for everyone's sins. Yes.

Now what?

5. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+147
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I need to have control of something - like i am drifting in the current.

6. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+147
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Maybe I am not fully comfortable with faith - you have people in this world that are *DIY* type of people they are in control and it works for them.

7. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+147
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I AM REALLY TRYING HERE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COS I DON'T LIKE NOT BEING IN CONTROL OF MY FUTURE AND LEAVING THINGS IN THE OPEN!

8. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+147
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I AM ALWAYS DEFEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I feel like just REGRESSING AND GOING RIGHT BACK TO WHAT I KNOW TO HAVE MY FULFILMENT AND FEEL GOOD FACTOR!

9. bmjackson

bmjackson Newbie

+165
    Christian
    Single
    Yes you will go round and round the foot of the mountain until you are delivered from th e power and presence of sin.

You could start with reading the works of Daniel Steele for a start till I find something more.

The Life and Writings of Daniel Steele

10. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+147
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I HAVE BEEN RANTING TO THIS PASTOR (who gave me his number) REALLY RANTING! I am NEARLY THERE to saying F*SK IT! AND DOING WHAT I KNOW I CAN DO TO HAVE MY JOY!

I see on YouTube people talking about TIME IN HELL and coming back! MAYBE I NEED THAT so I SEE THINGS and be used as a PROPER vessel cos I am getting to that POINT! Trying to look for LEGIT help and answers that will BE DIVINE

11. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+15,481
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    There is no immediate fix for the situation you describe. It is like a 5 year old kid wanting to drive and own a house.

You need to find an older mature christain man who will mentor (disciple) you and grow you up the way a parent grows up their 5 year old child.

12. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+147
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I have been told all these things to read the Pastor i met in the park gave me the RHAPSODY DEVOTIONS to read - I NEED GOD TO COME TO ME IN HIS MEGA POWER!

Paul can be a mass murder then become a SAINT afterwards. Maybe that is the way to go! I dunno. I am TRYING HERE!

13. bmjackson

bmjackson Newbie

+165
    Christian
    Single
    Most of the church believes in 'gradual sanctification' and the results are obvious - it does not work. Try the way that does work.

14. bmjackson

bmjackson Newbie

+165
    Christian
    Single
    Father I pray now for J that you will pour your Spirit upon him and open up the truth. Amen.

15. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+147
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I am sick of people that are in the position of *FULFILMENT* to tell other to WAIT and TAKE THE JOURNEY - people like you make me sick.
    This is what makes people truly go their own path.

16. Lost4words

Lost4words In reality, an old dog! Supporter

+3,880
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Patience. And lots of it.

The narrow way is hard. Its not easy. There is no 'quick fix'.

Some people suffer all their lives but stay true to God. You have to offer up your suffering to God. Accept them. Its not easy, i know. Take each day as it comes. Keep your faith no matter how you are feeling. No matter what obstacles come your way.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  17. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+147
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    This is why people end things in life.

I am gonna tell you this now - when somebody commits suicide and people say *THEY ARE GOING TO HELL* do you realise you have to be in a SAVAGELY DARK PLACE to kill yourself?

So you kill yourself - to get away from the SAVAGE DARK PLACE - and then you end up in the pit of hell - do you think that is merciful and right?

18. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+147
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Well.................................................................SOMETHING BIG MUST HAPPEN!

Cos I am VERY close to downloading certain apps and doing what I can do to fulfil in my own way.

19. Lost4words

Lost4words In reality, an old dog! Supporter

+3,880
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    You mention suicide in another post. I know what those feelings are like. Its a horrible place. No amount of words can help. For me though, its my faith in God. Through very dark times i continued to turn to God. There is no other way.

20. J Daniel

J Daniel Active Member

+147
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    So a father is happy to allow his child to kill themself?

Cos I dunno about you but if I had a child - I would prevent them from killing them self (IF I KNEW ABOUT IT)