How do I know when God's speaking to me?

Christian_Victor

Dec 7, 2004
USA
✟15,621.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A lot of Christian say that they just know when God's speaking to them. I don't know how.

I really would like to communicate with Him and I have faith in Him. I don't want to pass off one of His important messages with something I thought for myself.

Please, tell me how I can know when the Lord is speaking to me!

Reactions: rosemoss

EarthMomma

Veteran
Oct 19, 2005
Florida
✟2,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I just read an interesting site a few days back, with a good testimony to listen to, about this very issue. See if this helps you: http://www.cwgministries.org/Four-Keys-to-Hearing-Gods-Voice.htm
Christian_Victor said:
A lot of Christian say that they just know when God's speaking to them. I don't know how.

I really would like to communicate with Him and I have faith in Him. I don't want to pass off one of His important messages with something I thought for myself.

Please, tell me how I can know when the Lord is speaking to me!

I can't really explain how I finally came to hear God's voice, but I have, and it was totally unexpected (I didn't think He would be so direct, He never had before) but it came after a period of concerted prayer and scripture readings about coming into His presence.

I think He spent a lot of time clearing my head and my heart.

Many Easter blessings in the expectant hope that is in Christ,
EarthMomma

Upvote 0

Christian_Victor

Dec 7, 2004
USA
✟15,621.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
EarthMomma said:
I just read an interesting site a few days back, with a good testimony to listen to, about this very issue. See if this helps you: http://www.cwgministries.org/Four-Keys-to-Hearing-Gods-Voice.htm

I can't really explain how I finally came to hear God's voice, but I have, and it was totally unexpected (I didn't think He would be so direct, He never had before) but it came after a period of concerted prayer and scripture readings about coming into His presence.

I think He spent a lot of time clearing my head and my heart.

Many Easter blessings in the expectant hope that is in Christ,
EarthMomma

Thank you for replying and giving me a helpful article as well as your testimony. Thank you very much, God bless and Easter blessings to you, also.

Upvote 0

euphoria

Hebrews 13:8
Apr 15, 2006
✟9,837.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People talk of the "still, small voice" that is the Holy Spirit speaking to you. I have experienced this too, and knew it was not of myself. Also, it seems very loving too. Others have said if your "guilty conscience" is bothering you - that is God speaking to you. At the very least, a guilty conscience is a tool God gave us to monitor ourselves. I think deep prayer and study in the Bible gives God the way to speak to you too.

Upvote 0

Martin

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2002
Rochdale
Visit site
✟11,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
EarthMomma said:

I can really recommend Mark Virkler's Communion with God teaching. He came to present it at our church and within one hour, people were quite easily recognising the voice of God. Simply put - God will speak to you through spontaneous thought (the thought you didn't think).

I also find that when I journal what God is saying to me, my mind is not focussed on my thoughts, just on journalling what has been said and I just get a constant stream of God's words to me, He gives me the next thought before I've finished writing what He has already given me.

You eventually move to the state of recogising His voice, so that, when going about your daily business, you know when it's God speaking to you.

I encourage you to try it.....
... and if you want to understand the "how to" I can recommend Mark Virkler's Communion with God course.

Blessings,

Martin

Upvote 0