danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Than

I never noticed these things in my readings and study.
YES! we can all agree that our Gd is a Gd of perfect justice and mercy, the disciples also adds
love. If the Torah does not say anything about Messiah,
then where did this idea come from ???
When you say > speculation on afterlife is a much later addition to Judaism. When and who added it to Judaism ??? Brain is fogging, time to get to asleep:sleep::wave:
It was probably born in the Babylonian exile with Cyrus being named the messiah. It just means the anointed , btw. Our prophets talk about an extraordinary leader, descended from King David, buy they don't actually call him Messiah. If he will be a king, he'll have to be anointed because that's one of the requirements. Today's meaning of messiah did not crystalize until middle ages, but it never meant one who will save from sins, etc. That's a Christian understanding that is not compatible with Jewish beliefs.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was probably born in the Babylonian exile with Cyrus being named the messiah. It just means the anointed , btw. Our prophets talk about an extraordinary leader, descended from King David, buy they don't actually call him Messiah. If he will be a king, he'll have to be anointed because that's one of the requirements. Today's meaning of messiah did not crystalize until middle ages, but it never meant one who will save from sins, etc. That's a Christian understanding that is not compatible with Jewish beliefs.
Good morning, Thank you Danny.
Maybe later I might have more questions.
This is a whole new world to me, i did not know existed.
Do you know of a forum I can go to to with questions as they arise ???
That allows Yeshua's disciples, of course ???

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Hebrew Café is a pretty decent forum.

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I hope I'm posting in the right forum?
Has anyone seen this Video or have you heard of Rabbi Alon Anava? Because it is so long I haven't seen all of it, about halfway.
But what I saw and understood (he speaks some Hebrew words) his study is quite interesting. It sounds to me according to his research Messiah is around the corner, so to speak.

I have watched this video several times as well as quite a few of his other videos. He is my favourite Orthodox Jewish Rabbi.

Have you heard his NDE account?

Read about Rabbi Alon Anava

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
afaik (as far as i know) , the first disciples of Yahshua (Yahweh's Salvation) were all Jewish, and Yahweh revealed to all of them who were faithful that Yahshua is Messiah, Son of Yahweh, as revealed throughout TORAH, PSALMS and PROPHETS.

i.e. I don't know any believing Jews who follow Jesus (Yahshua Hamashiach) who think the idea is contrary to Yahweh's Word or Jewish beliefs at the time of the first century.
Perhaps Jewish beliefs of those who have rejected Yahweh's Plan think it is some kind of gentile 'Christian' idea(s) ?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
  • Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0