BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
if you had stopped at "because he failed", you would have had something. You see, we have a whole list of requirements for the messiah to complete in order to be recognized. In reality we don't even have to go that far when it comes to the Christian messiah. All we need to do is to notice the results of his efforts. And, in spite our spiritual blindness, we notice all those annoying details like zero Torah observance among his followers, 1500 years of murder, exile and open hatred. Details, details... I assure you, it's not spiritual blindness or lack of understanding of our OWN Scriptures that keeps us away from the Christian messiah. The Christianity itself made sure of that, without even the need of unrolling the Scroll of Isaiah.
Hello Friend, There is much mis-understanding here. But first I should ask ?
Are you open minded ?
I don't mean that as an insult, I just don't want to waste my time, as if an atheist was trying to convert me to their beliefs, you see ?
The mis-understandings are these:
1. Yeshua is a Christian Messiah
2. zero Torah observance among his followers
3.1500 years of murder, exile and open hatred
4. lack of understanding of our OWN Scriptures that keeps us away from the Christian messiah
This would make an interesting New Post

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Specifically is it written in Scripture
that the Jews rejected Y'SHUA MESSIAH because: ______________
I understand why the Jews the last 2000 years have rejected the false Jesus, as Richard Wurmbrand published after wwII.
I'm asking if IT IS WRITTEN that or why the Jews rejected Jesus IN the NEW TESTAMENT
and was it WRITTEN in the NT that it was
because of the reasons in the quote from @BeStill&Know ?

Simplified: Is it written in the NT that some Jews in the NT reject Y'SHUA MESSIAH
because HE didn't fit the description of MESSIAH they had in their consciousness (mind) ?

(second question): Amazingly, HOW MANY Jews(and foreigners) in the 4 Gospels Recognized Y'SHUA as MESSIAH BEFORE HE was 12 years old ?
Sorry Jeff, I don't understand. In Acts as well as the Gospels it records thousands of Jews come to believe in Him
But about believing in Yeshua before he was 12 years old.
I only recall His ministry began at age 30.
Isn't there only 1 mention of Jesus being in His Fathers house when He was 12?

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The time of Christ return will go beyond what people think. Two days from when? Christ birth, no. Christ resurrection in 33 AD, maybe, but not likely. The final prophecy about the destruction of Israel in 133 AD, most likely.

• Friendly
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'd be interested to hear the other reasons, because I want to discern what the truth is, whatever it is.

Also, if some Jews believe Jesus was the Messiah, why don't they call themselves Christians?
Anointed, Messianic, and Christian means the same.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Anointed, Messianic, and Christian means the same.
To who ?

(I know of [subjectively, many] areas, groups, individuals or [perhaps] international that may not agree with this, pending "clarification" or specifics in definitions.)

but especially "Anointed" ? What is that in Messianic Judaism ?

(and I just noticed that that is this section ! I thought it was Messianic Christian ! ........ Sorry if I mis-spoke earlier or here.... (let me know for sure, I'll edit / delete ad lib) ....

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sorry Jeff, I don't understand. In Acts as well as the Gospels it records thousands of Jews come to believe in Him

Also many priests believed. Acts 6:7

• Agree
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
(see the next quote in the same post)
Good morning, I don't understand this reply could you elaborate?
===========================================

Yes, and possibly tens or hundreds of thousands in a relatively short time then, after that time. What is the question about this ?

I don't remember mentioning anything about His Ministry.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Also many priests believed. Acts 6:7
I think that's true, but the reference does not render out (Acts),
can you expand it (Post the words of the verse) please? Thx !
(yes, I can google it, etc... but it really is easier to see it in context with the post when a Scripture is referenced)
(And , not too often, but sometimes, the particular rendering of the words might bake some difference in the understanding , temporarily and might be 'important' at the moment..)

• Agree
Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, and possibly tens or hundreds of thousands in a relatively short time then, after that time. What is the question about this ?

I don't remember mentioning anything about His Ministry.
I'm confused, in what you meant. Still confused.
Be patient I'm old. And getting tired. If you want we can PM

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Hello Friend, There is much mis-understanding here. But first I should ask ?
Are you open minded ?
I don't mean that as an insult, I just don't want to waste my time, as if an atheist was trying to convert me to their beliefs, you see ?
The mis-understandings are these:
1. Yeshua is a Christian Messiah
2. zero Torah observance among his followers
3.1500 years of murder, exile and open hatred
4. lack of understanding of our OWN Scriptures that keeps us away from the Christian messiah
This would make an interesting New Post
If I did not have an open mind, I would not be here. Those issues i mentioned are just facts. I'm pretty sure all are aware of them.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I did not have an open mind, I would not be here. Those issues i mentioned are just facts. I'm pretty sure all are aware of them.
Hello Danny, another member here has a Study on Romans that compares the New Testament with the Torah.
Yeshua taught and spoke quoting from the Torah and TNK. It's for Torah Lovers
http://www.christianforums.com/threads/torah-lovers-only-bible-study.7976090/page-2#post-70470301
This is one of Yeshua's statements
Matthew 5:17
[ Teaching about the Law ] “Don’t misunderstand why I have come.
I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

"If you want to continue" I can explain about what you perceive to be persecution against the Jews by Christian, but I am not a scholar or have any high education, just an old house wife, but I can do my best.
If you want to PM instead of here. BTW my family converted to Catholicism a few hundred years ago due to persecution in Spain. They were Jews, living on the Canary Islands. The conversion appears to have been just to survive, as I am not aware of any that were religious.

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
if you had stopped at "because he failed", you would have had something. You see, we have a whole list of requirements for the messiah to complete in order to be recognized. In reality we don't even have to go that far when it comes to the Christian messiah. All we need to do is to notice the results of his efforts. And, in spite our spiritual blindness, we notice all those annoying details like zero Torah observance among his followers, 1500 years of murder, exile and open hatred. Details, details... I assure you, it's not spiritual blindness or lack of understanding of our OWN Scriptures that keeps us away from the Christian messiah. The Christianity itself made sure of that, without even the need of unrolling the Scroll of Isaiah.
Absoutely agree, except for the zero Torah observance among his followers, while it is true that the majority teaches against his true teachings, there are some, many right here in this forum that don't believe that teaching to be true and are observant to the best of their abilities. :)

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The time of Christ return will go beyond what people think. Two days from when? Christ birth, no. Christ resurrection in 33 AD, maybe, but not likely. The final prophecy about the destruction of Israel in 133 AD, most likely.
That is like wheel locks in on ice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That is like wheel locks in on ice.
In the future the world will be destroyed three times before Christ coming, and yet because of the time lapse there will be survivors. 1/3 - 1/3 - 1/3 = 3/3 For now that time is delayed by God holding it back. It will not be much longer and there will be no more delay.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus
Matthew 24:36
“However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Mark 13:32
“However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.
However their are times and seasons.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Absoutely agree, except for the zero Torah observance among his followers, while it is true that the majority teaches against his true teachings, there are some, many right here in this forum that don't believe that teaching to be true and are observant to the best of their abilities. :)
Good morning, if their is a forum explaining this, please let me know.
I never heard the phrase "zero Torah observance among his followers",

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jesus
Matthew 24:36
Mark 13:32
However their are times and seasons.
Correct, there are times and seasons.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Good morning, if their is a forum explaining this, please let me know.
I never heard the phrase "zero Torah observance among his followers",
Hi Be Still,

I was referring to what dannyski said. He was speaking of general Christian not keeping torah because they have been taught that Yeshua did away with Torah (even though he never said any such thing) but by going by the teachings of Paul the misunderstanding is that it was done away with. However I was pointing out to danny that not all who are followers of Jesus believe that such as Messianics who try to keep Torah to the best of their abilities. :)

Upvote 0