How do I defeat my dark side?

Feb 24, 2012
USA
✟568.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a Christian, but I have trouble with laying in bed excessively, like in the morning I will lay in bed awake for a while, or I'll go to bed earlier in the evening sometime watching Christian TV while in bed, sometimes just laying there. When I lay in bed sometimes I have thoughts of suicide come into my mind. Sometimes I just feel tired of life and all the trials in life and I just wish I could be in heaven with Jesus. So this feeling leads me to sometimes have thoughts of suicide, although I am not seriously planning to harm myself I still imagine it sometimes when I am laying in bed.
I have been tempted to feel negative about life because of some negative circumstances. I wish I could get up in the morning and spend time with Jesus in prayer and in the Word, but instead if it is before work I hit the snooze button several times and keep on laying there until I decide to get breakfast or I absolutely have to get ready for work. On my days off I lay in bed and sometimes watch Christian TV programs while laying in bed. I will lay in bed in the evening sometime going right to bed after work and watching Christian TV in bed but I should stay up and spend time in prayer. I wish the power of the Holy Spirit would chase away and remove the negative thoughts and I wish I could break the habit of laying in bed too much when I'm awake and I should be up and spending time with the Lord. I think it is quite possible that the devil is putting negative thoughts in my mind, since he is the god of this world, I believe he has power to put bad thoughts in the minds of even people who are Christians. I would appreciate you praying for me.

lindart

Jun 6, 2011
USA
✟10,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry that you are having these thoughts. I suffer from depression and what you describe sounds somewhat similar to what I do when I am depressed. But I have had this for some time now and I have accepted this about myself. I am being well managed on antidepressants and this really does help. I have considered this to be the 'thorn in my side' and that God allows this for my own edification. Please consider seeing a professional and take care of yourself! The sun will shine again for you. God has plans for you in this world! Consider using your talents towards advancing God's kingdom! You hang in there, friend! :hug:

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Seek help for your emotional problem/issues...
Having someone to talk over problems with is helpful.

Apply the Word of God in your life...take those negative thoughts
captive and make them submit to the Word of God.

Home in bed a lot...
Can't be about the Lord's business if you go to bed / be "inactive"....also-
Too much time indoors/ lack of sun can cause depression...lack of Vitamin D,
sunshine is a good source for it, get outside in the sun. Eat healthy, exercise
regularly--go for walks, invite others to walk with you--partner up!
Stay in fellowship with other believers, connect with a mentor and
a prayer partner etc.

Do you have a pet?

Upvote 0

Shulamite7

Jul 13, 2012
✟15,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I too feel fed up with life and yearn to be with Jesus. But that shouldn't lead to suicidal thoughts. We are meant to finish this race well.

Maybe you should be doing spiritual warfare for all the negative thoughts. Fight the enemy as a soldier would. Well, if you can't get yourself out of bed at first at least you can sit up in bed and pray a few prayers, right? There are many prayers for spiritual warfare out there. I just found one this morning. I will paste it down. Before you pray them please repent of all your unrepentant sins and ask God to help you pull down all the strongholds of your mind. Now let me paste what I found.

Pray without ceasing says the Lord. This is a prayer I pray every day. This stops spiritual attacks. Be sure to repent of all sin to close all open doorways to the enemy and his attacks.
This is adapted from Psalm 91. Feel free to adapt this to your special circumstances.
"I Plead The Blood of Jesus over myself, my health and physical well-being, my entire family, my pets, my car, my finances, my place of employment, my home, above my house, below, around and the street I live on. I draw a line with The Blood OF JESUS around my home; no evil shall befall us, nor shall any plague or storm or evil entity come near me or my dwelling. I ask you Lord to send your angels to guard me and my household and set up a hedge of protection.I ASK YOU LORD TO BREAK ALL PLOTS OF THE ENEMY AGAINST ME. Lord I ask for your divine peace, In Jesus' Name, I believe it and receive it, Amen."

We cannot sit around and wish for God to help us when it is in our capacity to do it ourselves. God will only come to our aid in areas and situations where it is beyond our ability to help ourselves. I will keep you in my prayers. God bless.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
You might also want to talk with a doctor about your heart. Think of it as the important muscle that it is. It needs to be strengthened by mild activity, but also needs to be listened to when you have no motivation at all.

Pick up a side job or activity where you're walking around while you do your work... just a steady movement like helping out with a shelter's food distribution, or working in a garden center, or doing a meetup activity in the sunlight on weekends. It might sound like more responsibility, but adding a new task can rejuvinate.

Upvote 0