How did you ever have sex again?

Marina*

Jun 11, 2005
✟7,891.00
Faith
Christian
I'm in a state of shock. They don't show you things like that in high school Sex Ed. Childbirth. I've seen it. And I'm horrified! How, men, how did you ever desire to have sex with your woman again after seeing all that down there? The blood and guts, torn flesh, legs in the air, I saw it ALL! Poop! There was POOP! Somebody scrape me off the floor.

Husbands, tell me were you ever able to shake the mental imagery from your minds? How could you look at your wife as an erotic woman one day and then the next see a half watermelon squeezed out down there?

Why ever did God make things the way they are,
M*

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Marina* said:
I'm in a state of shock. They don't show you things like that in high school Sex Ed. Childbirth. I've seen it. And I'm horrified! How, men, how did you ever desire to have sex with your woman again after seeing all that down there? The blood and guts, torn flesh, legs in the air, I saw it ALL! Poop! There was POOP! Somebody scrape me off the floor.

Get a grip!! How long have you ha such a negetive view of your own bo y? Women have been giving birth since, well, since Eve, all part of Go_'s _esign. Men an womoen have been managing to have many chil_ren after the birth of the first one.

I suggest that you become better informe_ about the process of giving birth, an get better image of your bo_y/

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
bliz said:
Get a grip!! How long have you ha such a negetive view of your own bo y? Women have been giving birth since, well, since Eve, all part of Go_'s _esign. Men an womoen have been managing to have many chil_ren after the birth of the first one.

I suggest that you become better informe_ about the process of giving birth, an get better image of your bo_y/
LOL

Someone stole the "D" key off of Bliz's keyboard.

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
Marina* said:
I'm in a state of shock. They don't show you things like that in high school Sex Ed. Childbirth.

We got to see an actual childbirth (on video) in Grade 7 Sex Ed class. It showed EVERYTHING.

It was pretty shocking at the time.

The mental imagery isn't that bad... I watched my wife give birth. Shoot, I even watched the doctor get a nice "squirt" all over him when he was right up in there and told Mrs. Redguard to give a nice hard push.

Didn't change the way I viewed her. And the six week waiting period (we didn't last past 4 weeks) just makes the husbands forget about that stuff easily.

My wife didn't tear, so I don't know if that helped things either.

Upvote 0

Marina*

Jun 11, 2005
✟7,891.00
Faith
Christian
I hope more husband's reply. Their perspective is helpful.

Bliz, there is no condemnation for those that are in Christ. Please try to keep that in mind before you blast me again for not having the life-view of somone 28 years my senior. I'm still growing, still learning, so please give me a break and don't be so quick to condemn.

M*

Upvote 0
I

InTheFlame

Selective memory? :)

I think it's good for people to realise that their spouses are real live flesh and blood. Some people (men seem to do this more?) put their spouse on a pedestal, and then get disappointed when they turn out to be human.

Hmmm... let's take a similar(ish) scenario. If your hubby was puking his intestines out over the toilet, and you were in the same room making sure he was OK, so saw and smelt the whole thing... how would you ever be able to kiss him again?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nuarc

Cinnamon Hot
Jul 3, 2004
✟15,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No offense, but, Im only 1 year your senior, and I would tell you to get a grip too. We arent 10 years old, POOP is something everyone does... even husbands. If they didnt know their wives did that then, there's probably a big problem any way. Right?
Intimacy is a part of marriage. Childbirth is intimate. Husbands and wives tend to be even closer after that experience.
After having to hold off on sex (another part of intimacy) for so long, the first thing in both of their minds after they reach for each other might not be ewww, I saw a baby come out down there. No sex for me! I mean, how immature would that be?

Everything you described there is not out of the ordinary I think. It's not like we can sneeze babies out of our noses.

Your question wasnt, women and men, how can you have sex again? Why was your response directed towards the men only?

Upvote 0

Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband didn't think he would want to look "down there" when David was born beforehand, but when it came down to it he thought it was fascinating and amazing. He ended up holding on of my legs and saying "honey!! I can see his head and he's got dark hair!" I just asked him, he says it didn't really bother him.... ;)

Upvote 0

JC 101 FM

Employed by God
Aug 29, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
✟15,928.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My wife's due the first week of December with our first and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared about having to be in that delivery room. I get queasy just watching medical show on TV, and in 3.5 months I have to watch the whole thing live. I personally don't want to be in the way of any doctors or medical staff so I think I'll just stay near my wife's head and hold her hand. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Leanna said:
My husband didn't think he would want to look "down there" when David was born beforehand, but when it came down to it he thought it was fascinating and amazing. He ended up holding on of my legs and saying "honey!! I can see his head and he's got dark hair!" I just asked him, he says it didn't really bother him.... ;)
My hubby was the same. He was fascinated, lol...and I was the one who thought the whole thing was disgusting, lol. The doctor kept telling me to look in the mirror so I could watch the baby being born, and I was like, "Ummm, no, thanks, I'm good staring at the ceiling."

I think it has to do with a number of things. First of all, it's not just some gross slimy disgusting episode of Fear Factor that's happening...it's the birth of a child that you (the man) helped create. A tiny, little, brand new life that's part of you.

And second of all, it's coming out of the woman that you're in love with. A woman that loves you and your little baby enough to go through not only the pain of labor, but also the 9 months of YUCK that comes before.

Thirdly, if a husband is shallow and superficial enough to base his physical attraction to his wife and mother of his child on something like that, then, in my opinion, there are much bigger problems in the marriage than lack of sex. He doesn't sound like much of a husband to me.

Yeah, okay, childbirth is gross. No one denies it. But, if your relationship is in a healthy, Godly place, then the yuckiness of childbirth won't even factor into your intimate expressions of love for your wife.

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JC 101 FM said:
My wife's due the first week of December with our first and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared about having to be in that delivery room. I get queasy just watching medical show on TV, and in 3.5 months I have to watch the whole thing live. I personally don't want to be in the way of any doctors or medical staff so I think I'll just stay near my wife's head and hold her hand. :)
LOL, nothing wrong with that. :D:D

Upvote 0

Linnis

Legend
Jun 27, 2005
✟30,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know from what I saw in Sex Ed, those videos of child birth, those pictures of male & female parts infected with different STDs are made to scare kids into not having sex. They showed us 2 births, one of a women who was older had a husband and a girl who was 13 and alone and it's like yeah you can't stop beating us over the head now we're not that slow.

My husband really likes the idea of getting me pregnant. Then again after having Ovarian Cysts and I threw up for two weeks straight, I think he's lost all ideas of me not being a regular person.

Seriously if you arn't married don't worry about it. Once you get married you'll know the other person well enough you can pee with the door open so it'll be fine.

Upvote 0

erin74

Ministry is about people not structures.
Feb 8, 2005
rural australia
✟26,267.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Nope - my dad waited in the waiting room (not sure about the chain smoking). Eventually the midwife/nurse came out and said "it's over". He then spent an hour wondering what that meant - did mum die or what. so that was his first child - mum didn't die.

the second he arrived just after the doctor, but my sister was born before he got into the hospital.

the third (me) my mum went through labour so fast that dad delivered me while the nurse went to get the doctor.

How's that for a change of times - my brother isn't even 4 years older than me!

Upvote 0