How come every rule, law, industry, country seems to be against the USA right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It does matter, because it is very hard for people to genuinely discuss the matter when many people from one side keep using hyperbole such as "open borders".

The other side depicts anyone wanting to restrict illegal immigration as bigoted or xenophobic in some way....

Is that also hyperbolic?

If you get rid of that nonsense, then perhaps you can start talking about something that matters.

You just said it matters....

If all the black people in a restaurant choose to sit on one side, and all the white people choose to sit on the other side....the restaurant may not have a policy demanding racial segregation, but it's still a segregated restaurant, isn't it?

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what you're getting at. Stevil said something critical of the current GOP, and you seemed incredulous that he could say that while not being a liberal or a Biden supporter. I was just pointing out that we don't live in a world in which there are only two choices. It's far from crazy for someone who is conservative and not a fan of Biden to still be critical of today's Republican party.
@stevil has posted some other things about “people on the right “ that show bias and prejudice against them despite what he claims

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's not happening.
What you imagine is happening, what shows like fox news opinion tell you is happening, what D Trump and right wing MAGA politicians are telling you is happening, is not what is actually happening.

Well this is sort of the problem, isn't it?

You believe one thing is happening....

The people on the other side of the aisle believe another thing is happening.

Why don't we start with you explaining what you think is happening?

If you want to know the truth, if you want to live it and experience it, then leave your passport and identity cards at home. Take a drive across the southern boarder, turn around and come back in at a port of entry. See what happens, tell all your friends.

You'll be released into the US lol.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
@stevil has posted some other things about “people on the right “ that show bias and prejudice against them despite what he claims

Ahhhh...well good thing you decided to end that hyperbolic speech.

Nearly every nation on earth has laws against illegal immigration....the vast majority of which are far stricter than our own.

The idea that such policies are inherently racist, xenophobic, or the people who implement them are...would suggest that is how one sees all of mankind....and therefore, it's a pointless accusation.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
@stevil said
“The thing about USA politics is that not many USA right wing folk talk about economic policies, they seem singularly focused on rights.
Rights to be selfish (a.k.a. don't force me to wear a mask to save others, don't force me to get vaccinated to save others, don't tax me to help the poor, don't tax me to prevent unwanted pregnancies, don't tax me to pay for abortions, don't take my guns away, don't force trans or gay into my view, don't encrouch on my religious liberties).
But they also are ideoligists (what about 1st amendment, what about 2nd ammendment)
and they seem very insecure or scared about the country being open to other religions or non religions other than Christianity
and they seem very insecure or scared about people that don't look like them and don't share the same culture as them. They seem to want to protect the current state, the status quo, and are worried about white Christians being "replaced".”
Oh, but not all of them, right?
This is my experience in this forum.
Endless arguments about trans, about guns, about the southern border.
No discussions about unions, no discussions about alternatives to Affordable Healthcare and Medic aide, I just don't have much opportunity here to talk about anything that I would consider right wing financial policies. It's all just endless arguments about social issues.

Sure, I agree, not all right wing people are anti masks, anti vaccine, anti gun control, anti religions other than Christianity.
Not all are worried about brown people replacing whites.

But these are the topics that Right wing usa folks endlessly bring up in this forum. These are the topics that I am usually against the people on the USA right on and why people like you are accusing me of being a Democrat or a Liberal or a leftist on.

If you want to see if I can be right wing, talk to me about unions, talk to me about limits on unemployment benefits.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You’re trying to avoid responsibility for what you posted. You want me to address something else. I would say it’s you being disingenuous.
I will go back and look at the post your referencing but that doesn’t give you a pass for your comments
You spun my comments. disengenuously. I did not imply at all what you are making out that I did.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No discussions about unions, no discussions about alternatives to Affordable Healthcare and Medic aide, I just don't have much opportunity here to talk about anything that I would consider right wing financial policies. It's all just endless arguments about social issues.

Sure, I agree, not all right wing people are anti masks, anti vaccine, anti gun control, anti religions other than Christianity.

But these are the topics that Right wing usa folks endlessly bring up in this forum. These are the topics that I am usually against the people on the USA right on and why people like you are accusing me of being a Democrat or a Liberal or a leftist on.

If you want to see if I can be right wing, talk to me about unions, talk to me about limits on unemployment benefits.
So your vast knowledge of people on the right consists of what you read on this forum? That makes you an expert I suppose. Silly me

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Which still wouldn't make him a Biden supporter or a liberal. Being critical of a group does not mean that one belongs to the opposing group (especially if one has no association with either group by virtue of residing in a different country).

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which still wouldn't make him a Biden supporter or a liberal. Being critical of a group does not mean that one belongs to the opposing group (especially if one has no association with either group by virtue of residing in a different country).
You’re right. He has prejudice and bias against people on the right and speaks favorably about Biden but that doesn’t mean he’s a supporter

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You’re right. He has prejudice and bias against people on the right and speaks favorably about Biden but that doesn’t mean he’s a supporter
Glad to see you finally understand.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Good on you for seeing that people are more important than money.

Cool...I think it was Aruba, maybe one of the Bahama islands that was basically underwater after hurricane Dorian (I think). The reports of what people did to survive aren't well circulated but they are what people do...and have done...in the past.

I think one man shot and killed another over a bottle of drinking water.

If you want to help the poor of some other nation...by all means, go help them. Do it with your money and resources. I can't afford to in Biden's economy.

There's a guy named MrBeast on YouTube. He's very famous and wealthy and he's extremely charitable. He's given away more money than most of us have earned. The left...for some reason...hates the guy. I suspect it's because he's white, a guy, wealthy...and improving the lives of the poor and unfortunate. The left doesn’t seem to really care about the poor....they just hate the rich (particularly if they're white and male).

If Jesus came back (as any race...pick whichever is your personal favorite) and told people to be more charitable and helpful....the left would accuse him of "white saviorism" (regardless of his race) and tell him that it's the government's job to be charitable and helpful.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the warning us about how bad poor people are to the rest of us who have stuff. At least you have got yours.

If the Mayor can't stand the heat, then perhaps he should quit and let a better person run the city.

He has taken the route of science. He realized most of these people were from warmer climates...and have no resources...and since there's no right to shelter in Chicago, he's turned them out onto the pavement of the streets.

One way or another, the cold weather will remove them as a problem. That's a Democratic Party sanctuary city.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Okay, I won’t try to label you but your comments about the right revealed how you judge them.
Throwing out “ but not all of them“ doesn’t make it okay

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Can you explain why you use inflammatory language that primes the populace for seeing genocide as a valid route in your post? These people are not invaders.

They fit the definition of invaders.

Regardless....this is simple math. The US isn't infinite in wealth and resources.

At what size of a population do you think we should stop?

That's not a gotcha or trick question either. It's a practical question. Everyone is against poverty...nobody thinks anyone is moral for saying that the poor should be helped. It's like saying you're against police brutality.

So what is the upper limit on population before you agree we should start turning away the poor?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Where are you coming up with this math? Trump had three years before COVID. COVID-19 emerged at the very end of 2019 and the first case in the US wasn't recorded until late January 2020 (i.e. the beginning of Trump's 4th year in office).

Coincidentally, we're also right now at the beginning of Biden's 4th year in office. Biden has been in office almost exactly the same amount of time that Trump was when the pandemic started.

And no, Trump wasn't making progress. Migrant encounters at the southern border increased every year of his term, except for FY20, which was the first year of the pandemic.

I'd agree he didn't make progress....

But why is a different matter. I recall when 6 billion for a wall was a waste of money. That probably won't even cover the cost of healthcare used by illegals under Biden. I recall probably 2.5 years of elected Democrats denying there even was a crisis...then blaming that crisis on anyone other than those responsible for it...themselves. i recall every possible solution proposed and attempted stalled by Democratic Party legal battles and media lies.

You may have noticed a similar problem under Biden....2.5 years of ignoring the problem, and now just generally blaming Republicans. I'll grant that a few Democratic Party officials have pointed out that Joe or the left in general is the problem....you got Adams in NYC, Fetterman after regaining brain function....which is funny, the more the man recovers, the more he sounds like a conservative lol.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The 250,000 number @Matt5 used most likely came from an extrapolation from the Biden Administration’s release before Christmas. That is just encoubters and doesn’t separate illegal from legal. It is legal to request asylum.

Border Patrol doesn't have legal encounters really. Whenever we are talking about who the Border Patrol apprehended, they crossed illegally. If they came in through the ports....we'd be talking about Customs.

Any asylum seeker who crossed illegally is still here illegally until their asylum is approved.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you want to suggest that using language that primes the populace for genocide is good, your moral compass is shattered. He’s talking about refugees, including women and children, as an invasion.

They aren't refugees....they're frauds. Many are complaining about the winter cold and saying that they had it better back in Venezuela/Ecuador/Colombia etc. Poverty isn't a reason for asylum.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
But why have encounters increased? Why are more people trying to enter through the US Southern border? I'm sure it couldn't have anything to do with Republicans, loudly and publicly, claiming that Biden has open borders.

No. Most have no idea what the US is like....the human traffickers taking advantage of them know this. They come here believing they will be given free services and homes and welfare. By the time they are in the hands of the cartels, they are taken for every last dollar....shipped to a human trafficker here in states. Back under Trump...that would be an expensive trip. Fortunately for the cartels, Biden will cover their travel with your taxes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.