How clean do you have to be in order to receive the fullness of the Holy Spirit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
LittleRocketBoy said:
When you get saved you are as clean as you will ever be. You are cleansed by the blood of Jesus and are made the righteousness of God in Christ. I do not know how much cleaner you could get.
Just ask and receive.

OT - I just thought about your statement above and that is soooo true. Just think - until we are out of these physical bodies and desires, we are at our cleanest just after receiving Jesus! Our sins have been forgiven and we haven't had time to dirty things up again!

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What if ALL of our sins were forgiven and we are as clean the day we die in the flesh as the day we were "saved"?

The Promise of the Holy Spirit is just that: a PROMISE!

There is no working involved in receiving the baptism (or infilling) of Holy Spirit. You don't have to "clean up". The only thing involved is believing the Promise to the point of receiving.

Upvote 0

Godzchild

Jul 23, 2005
✟2,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dutchess said:
Some call it baptism of the Holy Spirit and others call it different things but do you ever think you are not baptized in the Holy Spirit?

I am genuinely asking and am not doing it for a debate. I seriously want to know.

Thank you.

Well since, I believe, this happens at conversion (repentence) then I don't think it matters since its' Christ who cleanses us and makes us holy and without blame via the HOly spirit anyway.

Upvote 0

Godzchild

Jul 23, 2005
✟2,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
riverpastor said:
What if ALL of our sins were forgiven and we are as clean the day we die in the flesh as the day we were "saved"?

The Promise of the Holy Spirit is just that: a PROMISE!

There is no working involved in receiving the baptism (or infilling) of Holy Spirit. You don't have to "clean up". The only thing involved is believing the Promise to the point of receiving.

I believe this to be true too.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am agree - no work we do makes us ready - we are already made clean by Jesus.

I was not taught that, it's a fairly recent revelation.
I was taught that we need to work at preparing ourselves, keeping oursleves clean, that we can only be filled so far as we ditch the bad stuff and make room for Him.

I now think that is the wrong way around - what actually happens is that when the Holy Spirit begins to fill us up, the bad stuff gets shoved out!

God bless, love Sue

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.