✟83,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Purposes of paedobaptism:

1. As a parallel with circumcision in the Old Testament, Luke 2:21.
  2. Initiate the baby into the Christian community because his parent is a Christian, Acts 16:33, 1 Corinthians 7:14.
I baptized all my five kids by near submersion in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit when they were eight days old. I understand that the evidence for infant baptism in the Bible is not explicit and is debatable. So, when my kids were teenagers, I told them that if they believed that was sufficient, they would not need to be baptized again. But if not, feel free to have an official adult believer's baptism from a reputable local church.

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Water baptism administered according to Jesus' commandment in Matthew 28:18-20 is the conduit chosen by God to apply the blood merits of Jesus Christ's sacrifice and His resurrection to a person's soul and thereby save him. This water baptism forgives and removes Adam's sin Romans 5:10-12 and all of the person's own sins that are on his soul at the time of his baptism. The Holy Spirit then enters into the soul and it is His presence which makes this person saved and now he may hope to inherit eternal life. Galatians 5:5, Titus 3:7

Matthew 28:18-2018 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
This specific water baptism is what Jesus is speaking of when He states:

John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Mark 16:15-17 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
Paul and Peter are also speaking of this specific water baptism of Jesus in the following:

Ephesians 5:26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,

1 Peter 3:20-22 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.
Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Baptism of newborns is necessary to remove Adam's sin from their souls. This water baptism according to Jesus' command enables the Holy Spirit to indwell in these little children's souls with His sanctifying grace.

Upvote 0