Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How can Evolution be falsified?

I think the fact that in nature there are no observations of species developing into higher species would falsify it.
There are plenty of such examples in nature.

Further, a single example of an animal that doesn't fit the evolutionary model would disprove evolution.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Further, a single example of an animal that doesn't fit the evolutionary model would disprove evolution.
You mean like the platypus?

Or do you mean anything that can't be force-fit or dove-tailed in on paper?

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Suffering is the consequence of sin, we have free will, badda bing badda boom.
God isn't going to take away our free will, or expel evil, because if he does, he might just start with you.

Why is free will important? Would you even know if you didn't have any free will?
Also an all-knowing creator directly contradicts free will, but I don't want to open the can of worms.

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why is free will important? Would you even know if you didn't have any free will?
Also an all-knowing creator directly contradicts free will, but I don't want to open the can of worms.
If someone knows what you're going to do, does that make it not your choice to do it?

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If someone knows what I will do in the future, can I do something else? Or do I just have the illusion of choice?
You still have to make the choice to do the thing.
Why don't people understand this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If someone knows what you're going to do, does that make it not your choice to do it?

Depends on the certainty level of that knowledge.

For example... If I ask my other half to spend the weekend with my friends playing video games while she has to do all the housework and take care of our kid, I know that the answer will be "no". However, she may surprise me. My "knowledge" there is rather a reasonable expectation.

But if every decision is known with 100% certainty in advance, then that goes beyond mere "expectation". That is beyond "i could be mistaken/surprised".

That is more on the level of "if I drop my keys, they will fall to the ground and not shoot off into space". At that point, we are dealing with deterministic processes.

It would mean that our entire collection of future decisions/choices are known before hand, meaning that there is some proces/mechanism that pre-determines those outcomes. There has to be. Otherwise, there would be uncertainty.

"Free will" is not compatible with such a mechanism.

"perfect foreknowledge" and "free will" cannot coexist in the same universe.

• Informative
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe we both understand free will differently?
There's only one way to understand a thing like this, it either is, or isn't.

It isn't like art, where you can understand, and get different things from it, and still be sorta right.

If you don't think that we make choices, which I know a good amount of Atheist like to think, then I'm sorry, but I really don't understand your logic.

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
My worldview is that an Intelligent Designer exist. The one I believe it to be is YWHW.
I have examined it thoroughly, I see no unreasonable part about it.
Certainly not more than the world coming from nowhere, for no reason.

I stand by what I said, if I wasn't a Christian, I could never be an Atheist.

Arguments from incredulity are not really convincing to others, you know that right?

It is devoid of all reason.

Baseless assertion.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

The platypus fits the evolutionary model perfectly.

Rocket powered flying clams and teleporting koalas probably wouldn't. Demonstrate the existence of something like that, disprove evolution, collect your Nobel prize.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Let's be fair here, AV. That's how the Bible describes it.

I'd be interested to see your depiction of reality.
It involves leprechauns, rocket powered clams, and teleporting koalas.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Well, even Darwin said his whole theory would fall apart if they found out cells were more complex than they thought they were back in his day.

Citation?

All you see in nature are animals that adapt, but the codes are already in their DNA, whether squirrels are black or brown, they're still squirrels.

Humans are still primates, still mammals, and still vertebrates, as were the common ancestors we share with all the other species in those groups.

We've never witnessed a squirrel becoming something other than a squirrel.

Nor should they if evolution is true. All descendants of squirrels will be squirrels just as humans are still primates, still mammals, and still vertebrates.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
How can Evolution be falsified?

Rabbit fossil in the Cambrian.

Widespread and easily detectable violations of the twin nested hierarchy. For example, multiple species with three middle ear bones and feathers, or hair and forward facing retinas. At the DNA level, finding mammals with exact copies of jellyfish genes not found in reptiles would falsify evolution.

I think the fact that in nature there are no observations of species developing into higher species would falsify it.

You don't observe the theory. That's not how science works.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Where did the matter come from that created the universe?

If the universe is eternal, then why entropy?

The quantum fields, that you're probably referring to as "consistencies", don't answer anything.
In fact they only bring up more questions.

It is random chance, the universe we perceive now, cannot answer for the non-universe that existed for it.
The laws here, cannot answer the start of the universe we're in.

The conclusion that it is literately impossible for it to have come outta nowhere, should at least put you in the Deist category.
Anthony flew knew that, so did Edward chopek (that was his name right? wrote a book about his conversion not long ago).

The idea that the universe was not intelligently designed, and in fact nothing created it.
I'm sorry, but no amount of convincing is ever going to get me into that head space.
If I wasn't a Christian, I could never be an Atheist.

I'm not seeing anything about evolution in that post.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

A species with a mixture of reptile-like and placental mammal-like features is some of the best evidence for evolution.

Upvote 0