Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Let's go over this again, Sarah.

Since you're acting like you're seeking after the truth, I'll act like I'm interested in repeating it.

For the second time:

If you are born again, your name is written down in Heaven.

I don't care if later you get a new heart from an atheist, or get an artificial heart from Hasbro ... your name is written down in Heaven, and when you die, you'll go there.
Yes, that's all well and good for a person that was saved prior to getting an artificial heart. I understand what you are saying just fine, you don't need to repeat it.

On the flip side, if someone is an atheist, and he receives a heart transplant from a born again Christian, it will not change his destiny until his name is written down in Heaven.

Make sense?
Doesn't answer about the situation of an atheist getting an artificial heart before "being saved". You can't claim that this artificial heart would work spiritually the same as a real one, because artificial hearts are designed by humans to pump blood and nothing else. If the organ has some spiritual significance beyond its role in the body (pumping blood), it hasn't been replicated in an artificial heart. So, by your logic, an atheist should no longer be able to be saved, even if their personal beliefs change, if they have an artificial heart until the day they die. So, is that what you believe, or not? You can't believe in a literal spiritual significance of the human heart and not have this situation happen.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, by your logic, an atheist should no longer be able to be saved, even if their personal beliefs change, if they have an artificial heart until the day they die.
I'm sure God can work something out.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
That is creating a new structure.

Dna can only play upon the information that is present.
The mutations, would dictate eye color, birth defects, development, stuff that is normally expected.

New information, would dictate if a person can become a lizard.
This would actually falsify evolution.

Or something else that isn't Human.
Evolution does not claim this is possible.

No new information has been created.
Give an example of "new information".

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can't claim that this artificial heart would work spiritually the same as a real one, because artificial hearts are designed by humans to pump blood and nothing else. If the organ has some spiritual significance beyond its role in the body (pumping blood), it hasn't been replicated in an artificial heart
What, in the hell have you 2 been talking about?

It isn't that complicated, honestly.
The "heart", is a metaphor for the soul, or in some contexts, what your true desires are.
The physical heart means nothing spiritually, if that were the case, then God didn't create humans, he created hearts with bodies.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The physical heart means nothing spiritually,
In tripartitism, the soul resides in the heart and thinks.

It goes like this:

body = processes empirical data

soul = operates the mind, the will, and the emotions

spirit = processes spiritual data

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In tripartitism, the soul resides in the heart and thinks.

It goes like this:

body = processes empirical data

soul = operates the mind, the will, and the emotions

spirit = processes spiritual data
Gonna be honest, I think that's nuts.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Wait... this bat is a strange bird. It shares characteristics of a flying mammal. Voila! A transition between birds and mammals!
:doh:No one who knows anything about evolution claims that a bat is a transition between birds and mammals. That's just ridiculous.

No, sorry. It's a bat.

We aren't seeing common descent at all. We see a common Creator creating similar creatures from the same elements at the same time with the same blueprint for life to serve many unique purposes.
Then why don't bats and birds share the same elements at the same time with the same blueprint for life?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
No, we found genetic commonalities and you made assumptions. Granted, a great deal of speciation would have had to occur after the Great Flood to account for all the species that exist today, but there are processes for that. We call that adaptation. It's a conservative process.
It's also a process that, to account for the incredible biodiversity we see today in only a few thousand years, would have had to have happened at a rate several orders of magnitude faster than what we see now. What caused the the increased adaptation (just another word for evolution), what stopped it, and when did it stop happening at the vastly increased rate?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
What, in the hell have you 2 been talking about?

It isn't that complicated, honestly.
The "heart", is a metaphor for the soul, or in some contexts, what your true desires are.
The physical heart means nothing spiritually, if that were the case, then God didn't create humans, he created hearts with bodies.
I agree with you fully; I am debating someone that takes it literally.

Upvote 0