United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How can Evolution be falsified?

I think the fact that in nature there are no observations of species developing into higher species would falsify it.
Well, even Darwin said his whole theory would fall apart if they found out cells were more complex than they thought they were back in his day. Come to find out, they're infinitely more complex. All you see in nature are animals that adapt, but the codes are already in their DNA, whether squirrels are black or brown, they're still squirrels. We've never witnessed a squirrel becoming something other than a squirrel. That's what the bible means when it says "kinds begat kinds".

I know how the universe began isn't evolution, but before you can explain how creatures evolve and become more complex (when what we've seen mostly is animals devolving and cells mutating in harmful ways), science needs to first explain how life first arose out of the primordial ooze.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolfe
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I think the fact that in nature there are no observations of species developing into higher species would falsify it.
Too bad the fossil record shows the exact opposite of this.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, even Darwin said his whole theory would fall apart if they found out cells were more complex than they thought they were back in his day. Come to find out, they're infinitely more complex. All you see in nature are animals that adapt, but the codes are already in their DNA, whether squirrels are black or brown, they're still squirrels. We've never witnessed a squirrel becoming something other than a squirrel. That's what the bible means when it says "kinds begat kinds".

I know how the universe began isn't evolution, but before you can explain how creatures evolve and become more complex (when what we've seen mostly is animals devolving and cells mutating in harmful ways), science needs to first explain how life first arose out of the primordial ooze.
Sure, as soon as you explain if Dr. Shubin successfully used the ToE to predict where he would find Tiktaalik, or if he was just lucky.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
Dna cannot, and will not create completely new information.
It can only play on the information that is already present.
This again... you should be able to follow that if a gene that is a template for one protein is duplicated by mutation, and a subsequent mutation changes it (or the copy) so it is a template for a novel protein, a new protein will be produced by that cell. In this sense, new information has been created.

If you have some explanation of why that isn't new DNA information, then I'd like to know what you think new DNA information would look like.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This again... you should be able to follow that if a gene that is a template for one protein is duplicated by mutation, and a subsequent mutation changes it (or the copy) so it is a template for a novel protein, a new protein will be produced by that cell. In this sense, new information has been created.

If you have some explanation of why that isn't new DNA information, then I'd like to know what you think new DNA information would look like.
That is creating a new structure.

Dna can only play upon the information that is present.
The mutations, would dictate eye color, birth defects, development, stuff that is normally expected.

New information, would dictate if a person can become a lizard.
Or something else that isn't Human.

No new information has been created.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟339,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, even Darwin said his whole theory would fall apart if they found out cells were more complex than they thought they were back in his day.
Where did he say that?
Why do you need to know where life came from to explain how life changes? Do you need to know where your neighbor came from to observe him age over the years?

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟339,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What's a higher species? There are observations of species developing into different species, and observations of closely related species that can still interbreed from time to time, and observations of very similar species that share a common genetic heritage that can't interbreed.

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Where did he say that?

Why do you need to know where life came from to explain how life changes? Do you need to know where your neighbor came from to observe him age over the years?
The idea is that life coming about, in the secular worldview, is impossible.

Honestly don't give a flip about evolution, proves and disproves nothing when it comes to God.
The idea that something, as complex as the universe, and our dna and enzymes, come out of random chance, of nothing.
Well you'd have to be pretty special.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
That is creating a new structure.
Yes, and it's the information in DNA that determines the sequences of the proteins it codes for. New protein necessarily means new information.

Dna can only play upon the information that is present.
The mutations, would dictate eye color, birth defects, development, stuff that is normally expected.

I'm afraid that is 'not even wrong'. Mutations change the information in DNA. Duplicate mutations duplicate DNA information.

A person can't become a lizard. Under any circumstances. Now that really would falsify evolution.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
The idea that something, as complex as the universe, and our dna and enzymes, come out of random chance, of nothing.
Fortunately, it's not just random chance. There are some basic consistencies in the way things interact, that we derive physical laws from, and the consensus is that it didn't all come from nothing. Where it did come from, nobody yet knows, but you could call it God if that works for you.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟339,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The idea is that life coming about, in the secular worldview, is impossible.
Well, yes, that's an idea. Perhaps it's even a correct idea. But what is the idea doing in a thread about falsifying evolution?
Honestly don't give a flip about evolution, proves and disproves nothing when it comes to God.
I quite agree with your last statement, although I do give a flip about evolution. But again, why post something that's irrelevant to a subject you don't even care about?

Upvote 0

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
[QUOTE"FrumiousBandersnatch, post: 70821371, member: 241055"]Fortunately, it's not just random chance. There are some basic consistencies in the way things interact, that we derive physical laws from, and the consensus is that it didn't all come from nothing. Where it did come from, nobody yet knows, but you could call it God if that works for you.[/QUOTE]
Where did the matter come from that created the universe?

If the universe is eternal, then why entropy?

The quantum fields, that you're probably referring to as "consistencies", don't answer anything.
In fact they only bring up more questions.

It is random chance, the universe we perceive now, cannot answer for the non-universe that existed for it.
The laws here, cannot answer the start of the universe we're in.

The conclusion that it is literately impossible for it to have come outta nowhere, should at least put you in the Deist category.
Anthony flew knew that, so did Edward chopek (that was his name right? wrote a book about his conversion not long ago).

The idea that the universe was not intelligently designed, and in fact nothing created it.
I'm sorry, but no amount of convincing is ever going to get me into that head space.
If I wasn't a Christian, I could never be an Atheist.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Dna cannot, and will not create completely new information.
It can only play on the information that is already present.
Astonishing! How do you know that?

Life cannot come from non-life, unless life has already been present to leave a sort of residue to create the subsequent life.
A sort of residue? Can you describe that in layman's terms?

• Haha
Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Astonishing! How do you know that?

A sort of residue? Can you describe that in layman's terms?
My uncle holds a PhD, knows quite a lot about this stuff.

And I really don't know how else to say it, really.
It's like, imagine for a moment that bacteria is life.
I don't think they consider it actual life, but play along.

If, somehow, there is a completely sterile place on earth, no bacteria, amoeba, no nothing, of any sort.
And you come along, and introduce bacteria to this sterile environment, that doesn't have the qualities to produce this kind of life on its own.

If that makes any sense.
Not the best at explaining stuff.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The answer right off the top of my head would be finding rabbits in the Precambrian.

However, I don't believe evolution will be falsified in this dispensation.

In fact, I believe it will get much worse.

Since evolution is a scientific concept, scientists run the show and will move the goalposts as necessary to keep it viable; even if they have to rig a vote to do it, as they did with Pluto.

Thus falsifying evolution is a task that Jesus Christ himself will handle when He returns; and one way He can do it is by taking evolutionists back to the year 4004 BC and showing them what God did during the creation week.

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Speciation is a vertical process, not a horizontal one.
Mammals don't produce lizards. They produce more mammals.

It seems you are arguing against a theory that you know very little about.

• Agree
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Macro-evolution is just the accumulation of micro-evolution.
Evolution is gradual. Micro-changes build up into macro-changes.
Just like adding inches results in miles.
Yup.

Macroevolution says an ape leaves Boston, takes baby steps to Los Angeles, and arrives as a man.

Upvote 0