Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 3:5 says , Except a man be BORN of WATER and of the SPIRIT , he cannot ENTER into the Kingdom of God .

How does this happen ?

Is this for Israel under the Old Covenant and for Israel ?

Is it for those under the NEW COVENANT ?

Is it for people of TODAY ?

dan p

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Baptism is a ceremony proclaiming that Jesus is your Lord and Savior, demonstrates your commitment to Him.

In Matthew 28:18-20, Jesus says, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

The act of baptism don't save a person .... Jesus does .... baptism is not a requirement to be saved ... rather a outward display of what has already happened inside.

The physical act of baptism is not what changes you. Instead, it is the Holy Spirit's work that makes the difference. Baptism moves your heart toward a closer relationship with Christ. It marks the beginning of a journey of a changed life.

As far as we know from scripture ... Water Baptism first started with John the Baptist ... baptism of repentance ... paving the way (prophesy of) for the Savior to come

There are no verses in the Bible that tell us whether John did or did not baptize any Gentiles but Scripture references clearly indicate that there have always been some Gentile converts abiding with the nation of Israel and therefore we can safely assume that some were baptized of him.

• Winner
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,588.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 19:24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

The situation gets worse when you consider these verses:

Matthew 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
Matthew 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Apparently, it's not just the rich who have a problem. Everybody has a problem.

Matthew 19:24 refers to someone who is rich but it really means people who live in rich countries, mostly the West. That's because the harvests are directed at nations, not individual people.

The kingdom of God or the kingdom of heaven is here on Earth. Who is going to survive in order to enter the wedding party when Jesus arrives? Almost no one.

Matthew 25 really explains the problems:

In the parable of the talents, we learn that lazy servants get caught up in the harvest of the weeds. Harvests, or big wars, are coming. If your land is a target, then either move out of the way or die. Lazy servants won't move out of the way. Instead, they just die.

Currently, the US is a real and serious target of big wars.

In the parable of wise and foolish virgins, the fake Jesus (false prophet) comes. He fools a lot of virgins. They end up taking the mark of the beast.

When the real Jesus comes back, the judging has already been done. Everybody is either dead, taken the mark or hiding out it in the wilderness. And that last group is real small.

In order to get through all of this, one must believe and act like they believe. One must be willing to rip up their life in order to avoid the harvests. Almost no one will do this.

Who will do it? That's where the OP comes in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 6:4-5
First , I do not see the Greek word for COVENANT in Rom 6:4 or 5 ?

But verse 4 is VERY interesting and reads , Therefore , we were buried together with Him , through this BAPTISMA into the death , and when anyone does check the Greek text it is NOT THE GREEK word , NAPTISM / BAPTISO .

The Greek word BAPTISMA in verse 4 , means it is the HOLY SPIRIT that places all believers into his DEATH or all not BAPTISMA will not be RESURRECTED .

Eph 4:5 reads ONE BAPTISM , but the Greek word here , is the Greek word BAPTISMA .

Always , all have to be careful if you see the word BAPTISM without the word WATER .

dan p

Upvote 0

AlightSeeker

Nov 16, 2023
Canton
✟6,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How we stumble on the path to the kingdom

Upvote 0

AlightSeeker

Nov 16, 2023
Canton
✟6,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
John 3:5 says , Except a man be BORN of WATER and of the SPIRIT , he cannot ENTER into the Kingdom of God .

How does this happen ?

dan p
We do that by obeying Jesus teaching given by himself and his apostles. That is God's work for us. His work is to believe in Jesus who he sent to us. But as Jesus said, why do you call me Lord and not do what i say? Notice the emphasis of obeying Jesus words. It's a solid foundation that will withstand the storms. Paul mentioned the winds of doctrine deceiving people. Perhaps Jesus means the winds of false doctrine beat on our house but we are safe having a good foundation. Or maybe that's not what he means, but he emphasized keeping and doing his words. If we love him we keep his words. Then the father will love us and He and Jesus will come in and dwell with us. We will be guided by the Spirit of God rather than the spirit if the world.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Build on the Rock​

24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching, 29 for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

How does this happen ?

dan p

by choosing a serpent ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We do that by obeying Jesus teaching given by himself and his apostles. That is God's work for us. His work is to believe in Jesus who he sent to us. But as Jesus said, why do you call me Lord and not do what i say? Notice the emphasis of obeying Jesus words. It's a solid foundation that will withstand the storms. Paul mentioned the winds of doctrine deceiving people. Perhaps Jesus means the winds of false doctrine beat on our house but we are safe having a good foundation. Or maybe that's not what he means, but he emphasized keeping and doing his words. If we love him we keep his words. Then the father will love us and He and Jesus will come in and dwell with us. We will be guided by the Spirit of God rather than the spirit if the world.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Build on the Rock​

24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching, 29 for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
And in John 3:5 says Except a man be BORN of WATER , and of the Spirit , he cannot enter the kingdom of God .

Then in John 3:7nnit treads Ye MUST be Born Again !

Then in John 3:7 reads , Ye must be BORN AGAIN .

Verse 5 reads , BE BORN // GENNAO is in the Greek AORIST TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , SUBJUCATIVE MOOD , means they will born again OR not ,

Born of WATER // YDOR , is in the GENTIVE CASE in the SINGULAR and in the NEUTER , means Male or Female .

All have 3 choices .

#1 Who is it speaking too , Israel under the OLD COVENANT ?

#2 To Israel under the NEW COVENANT ?

#3 Or is it speaking to those of today , the BODY OF CHRIST ?

dan p

Upvote 0

AlightSeeker

Nov 16, 2023
Canton
✟6,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And in John 3:5 says Except a man be BORN of WATER , and of the Spirit , he cannot enter the kingdom of God .

Then in John 3:7nnit treads Ye MUST be Born Again !

Then in John 3:7 reads , Ye must be BORN AGAIN .

Verse 5 reads , BE BORN // GENNAO is in the Greek AORIST TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , SUBJUCATIVE MOOD , means they will born again OR not ,

Born of WATER // YDOR , is in the GENTIVE CASE in the SINGULAR and in the NEUTER , means Male or Female .

All have 3 choices .

#1 Who is it speaking too , Israel under the OLD COVENANT ?

#2 To Israel under the NEW COVENANT ?

#3 Or is it speaking to those of today , the BODY OF CHRIST ?

dan p
Its speaking to everyone. You asked me how we are born again. The answer is this, we don't do it but God does. What do we do then? God's work is to believe in Jesus who He sent to us. We do what he says because his words are God's word, and also its the way he wants us to love him.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Chapter and verse please. I can't find that definition.
Ot is clear from such passages as Acts 15 and Romans 4 that no external act is necessary for salvation. Salvation is by divine grace through faith alone (Romans 3:22, 24, 25, 26, 28, 30; 4:5; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Philippians 3:9, etc.).

In 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Paul gives a concise summary of the gospel message he preached. There is no mention of baptism. In 1 Corinthians 1:17, Paul states that "Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel," thus clearly differentiating the gospel from baptism. If baptism was a requirement ... Paul would have indeed water baptized all those who converted to the faith.

Mark 16:16, a verse often quoted to prove baptism is necessary for salvation, is actually a proof of the opposite. Notice that the basis for condemnation in that verse is not the failure to be baptized, but only the failure to believe. Baptism is mentioned in the first part of the verse because it was the outward symbol that accompanies the inward belief.

There other verses as well that give support to this.

When one accepts Christ as their Lord and Savior ... they are spiritually baptized by the Holy Spirt .... after that one may choose to be publicly water baptized but it is the outward symbol that always accompanies the inward belief.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ain't Zwinglian

Feb 23, 2020
Oregon
✟107,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In 1 Corinthians 1:17, Paul states that "Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel," thus clearly differentiating the gospel from baptism. If baptism was a requirement ... Paul would have indeed water baptized all those who converted to the faith.
See my OP on I Corinthians 1:17. Seems to me you completely missed the contextual rules for interpreting Scripture.

In 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Paul gives a concise summary of the gospel message he preached. There is no mention of baptism.
You are demanding precision in "Biblical Speak" where none is given. The Scripture are not written as Bible dictionary speak. There is no mention of Confession, repentance or the Incarnation in I Corinthians 15:1-4 either. Not to mention a whole hosts of other doctrines.

The fallacy of this belief raised: How many passages of Scripture does it take to establish an article of faith that is presupposed on every page of the NT and binding on all Christians for belief irregardless of I Corinthians 15:1-4?

Take for instance, the Incarnation which is presupposed on every page of the NT. How many passages of Scripture is this doctrine founded on. Two. Both virgin birth narratives. All you need are two passages of Scripture to establish doctrine per Scriptures own reasoning and binding on all Christians to believe. The Incarnation is established irregardless of I Cor. 15.

Our Lord teaches baptism in Mt 28 and Mk 16. Peter teaches about baptism in Acts 2 and I Peter 3. Paul teaches about baptism ten times. There are eight examples of Baptism administered in the Book of Acts. This an enormous amount of material to establish baptism as it's own article of faith without it having to be mentioned in I Cor. 15.

You still have not given me chapter and verse where Baptism is defined as an "outward display of what has already happened inside."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ain't Zwinglian

Feb 23, 2020
Oregon
✟107,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If water baptism saves us, why wasn't Paul sent to baptize but to preach and show God's power?
See my OP on I Corinthians 1:17. Seems to me you completely missed the contextual rules for interpreting Scripture.

Upvote 0

AlightSeeker

Nov 16, 2023
Canton
✟6,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok I will. Thank you.

Upvote 0

AlightSeeker

Nov 16, 2023
Canton
✟6,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

How does this happen ?

dan p
I didn't see any rules unless you referred to answering these questions. My answers are below

1) by God's spirit.

2) yes. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom. We must be reborn in spirit.

3) yes for the same reason as above.

4) yes again.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter and verse please. I can't find that definition.
Why in 1 Cor 10:2 reads And all were BAPTIZED unto Moses in the CLOUD and in the SEA .

How were thousands of JEWS BAPTIZED unto Moses ?

How were they all BAPTIZED unto the CLOUD ?

How were they BAPTIZED in the SEA ?

And what does the CLOUD represent ??

And what does the SEA , represent ??

O how about 1 Cor 15:29 where they are BAPTIZED for the DEAD ??

And in MARK 16:16 that believeth and is BAPTIZED shall be saved ?

dan p

Reactions: AlightSeeker
Upvote 0