Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then lets see the evidence.

He is always around, mate. To start, your unbelief needs to be confessed before Him.

"Am I a God who is near, declares the Lord, and not a God far off"? Can a man hide himself in hiding places, so I do not see him? declare the Lord. Do I not fill the Heavens and the Earth? declares the Lord"? Jeremiah 23:23,24

Through His Spirit He reveals the hidden, and that will include teaching and leading us.

"For to us God revealed them through the Spirit" I Corinthians 2:10

"For all who are being led by the Spirit of God these are the children of God". Romans 8:14

"But you have an Anointing from the Holy One". I John 2:20

Once you meet Him who is on High you need to follow Him. He won't step in if He is going to be only one of the many idols your heart goes out to. It has been sin that has separated you from Him. When you're ready to let your sin go, and when you are ready to walk in newness of life before Him, you will find Him: it will be a covenant He will enter into with you.

You ask for "evidence". You cannot snap your fingers and make the Heavens open. Nor does He want to make you a computer, without a freewill. In making the covenant, He will if you will. If or when you are ready, He will show you Who you have made a covenant with. You will become a witness and follower of Him on High.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

He is always around, mate. To start, your unbelief needs to be confessed before Him.

"Am I a God who is near, declares the Lord, and not a God far off"? Can a man hide himself in hiding places, so I do not see him? declare the Lord. Do I not fill the Heavens and the Earth? declares the Lord"? Jeremiah 23:23,24

Through His Spirit He reveals the hidden, and that will include teaching and leading us.

"For all who are being led by the Spirit of God these are the children of God". Romans 8:14

Once you meet Him who is on High you need to follow Him. He won't step in if He is going to be only one of the many idols your heart goes out to. It has been sin that has separated you from Him. When you're ready to let your sin go, and when you are ready to walk in newness of life before Him, you will find Him: it will be a covenant He will enter into with you.

You ask for "evidence". You cannot snap your fingers and make the Heavens open. Nor does He want to make you a computer, without a freewill. In making the covenant, He will if you will. If or when you are ready, He will show you Who you have made a covenant with. You will become a witness and follower of Him on High.

All good reasons to not expect that a god/s do not exist, since your definitions are virtually indistinguishable from no god at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

IOW, first believe it, then you will see it.

Forgive me if I don't take that too seriously.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

And still zero evidence. Go figure.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Interesting. You have no apprehension of God, no walk of learning from Him through the Revelations He gives to teach and instruct us through His Holy Spirit - yet you proclaim you are an expert in matters about the Spiritual Realm and its Spiritual Dynamics, and you tell us God makes no sence. Did I ask for your feeble lack of maturity help? You do not know Him and have not passed even the starting line. But you want us to hear your confusion and lack of Spiritual Understanding.

I think he is just questioning seeing certain events as miracles. Say an apartment building burns down, with 34 deaths, and 1 survivor, a baby. So often people view the survival of this one individual as a miracle, they don't think of the horrific tragedy that was the 34 deaths. A miracle would have been that everyone felt the need to flee 30 minutes before the fire started and they all survived, or some such thing. There is nothing miraculous about such events that involve the majority of people exposed dead.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And still zero evidence. Go figure.

I'm one up on you, mate. It is Who you turn to and Meet. I've had "evidence" you would cry for. But it has been by His doing. We cannot drum up Him who is on High no more than making another sun appear in the sky. You cannot snap your fingers.

I've been able to mature since meeting Him, again not through how many rotations of earth or orbits around the sun, but by His working, by His Power.

When you say "He is not" you state such from ignorance, not through evidence. You have no evidence.

Yes sir, there is times when He says and reveals "I Am" to people, even Naturalists like you and me. The same revelations occur for the "seeing" the Spiritual World in our midst, and its Dynamics. No longer can someone say "it's not there", "it does not exist"!

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Do we need to explain everything that happens or just the things that might lead us to believe in a God?

Because I would have a harder time explaining all the times when good people senselessly died randomly.

I once was going to the IRB sevens when it was in Los Angeles. I stopped for a couple of Donuts. I barely failed to make a light getting back on the freeway.

I then ended up seeing a Nascar worthy crash from less than 1/4 mile back.

If I had made the light I most likely would have been in the middle of it. If I had not stopped I most likely would never have known about it.

Was God somehow involved?

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm one up on you, mate. It is Who you turn to and Meet. I've had "evidence" you would cry for. But it has been by His doing. We cannot drum up Him who is on High no more than making another sun appear in the sky. You cannot snap your fingers.

I've been able to mature since meeting Him, again not through how many rotations of earth or orbits around the sun, but by His working, by His Power.

When you say "He is not" you state such from ignorance, not through evidence. You have no evidence.

Yes sir, there is times when He says and reveals "I Am" to people, even Naturalists like you and me. The same revelations occur for the "seeing" the Spiritual World in our midst, and its Dynamics. No longer can someone say "it's not there", "it does not exist"!

You keep claimming he is there. And that you have evidence. But if you are unable to give that evidence, can you at least see why we have a hard time believing you?

Or are you just going to lord it over us again....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All good reasons to not expect that a god/s do not exist, since your definitions are virtually indistinguishable from no god at all.

It is unfortunate that many only know and live in Spiritual Poverty.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

And still zero evidence. All you have are empty assertions.

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You keep claimming he is there. And that you have evidence. But if you are unable to give that evidence, can you at least see why we have a hard time believing you?

Or are you just going to lord it over us again....

Or are we both bearing witness about this present existence? You know you proselytize others openly to Scientism and godlessness, on a Christian forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or are we both bearing witness about this present existence? You know you proselytize others openly to Scientism and godlessness, on a Christian forum.

I give my experance with untruths I have had to deal with in my life. Sorry your posts trigger that. Your insistence you have evidence and lack of providing such evidence is telling. Then you keep instisting that science has it wrong, claiming a spirital realm that you offer no evidence for. Well, sorry, I just have to call you on this since it has no impact on known reality, and in fact misrepresent what is reality.

Upvote 0

Lord Emsworth

Je ne suis pas une de vos élèves.
Oct 10, 2004
Through the cables and the underground ...
✟61,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

It is unfortunate that many only know and live in Spiritual Poverty.

If you feel you are living in Spiritual Poverty, then maybe you need to pray harder, more often, with more humility.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People will always try to explain miracles away. Such as those that see heaven or hell when they die (and then come back to life). Just like science tries to disprove anything in the bible and even God. Despite lots of evidence supporting things they don't truly care about that. And of course as I say this it leads to "Give me some evidence!", just so they can shoot it down anyways with "ideas" on why its wrong. Hence why I stopped providing evidence.

That aside. There was a man with end stage cancer (don't remember what kind it was) locally. His doctor told him he had weeks to live after the treatments weren't doing anything. One night his church came in and prayed over him. Asking for a miracle. The next morning he said he felt great. The doctors gave him some tests just to show him nothing had changed. But to their surprise his cancer was totally gone. 100%. The doctors who don't believe in God say it was a miracle.

EXplain that?

Upvote 0

Mystman

Atheist with a Reason
Jun 24, 2005
✟22,286.00
Faith
Atheist
EXplain that?

I can think of a few explanations..

1. You're making it up, or making up essential details. (I mean.. "The doctors gave him some tests just to show him nothing had changed.".. does that ever happen? And of course the doctors didn't believe in God, because that makes for a better story. And a cancer that is 100% gone? Please name a test that can show that every single cancer cell is gone. )

2. The people who told you this story were making it up, or making up essential details.

3. The guy got lucky. It happens! The body can still do very unexpected things, and a tumor receding on its own is one of them. The treatment might also have had something to do with it.

4. God exists and will apparently heal people (but not amputees, He hates those guys), but only after enough people pray for the patient, but not with any consistency, so that statistically there is no difference in recovery between those who are prayed for and those who are not. This has the effect that His miracles remain hidden and incapable of convincing skeptics like me, which results in me getting condemned to eternal torture in Hell. Which you know.. is kind of a <censored> move. If You're going to perform miracles, at least make them statistically significant!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.