How are we to explain these "miracles?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

theophilus777

You're just taking things far too literal. ;)

Does this mean you've never seen a miracle?

Nobody else seemed to be either. I asked several times wrt the miracle which lead to John Paul's canonization, and how a dead Pope does things.

Well I missed most of these 100 pages. I guess I also missed said canonization, was it really based on a dead Pope doing things? I mean Scripture does record Elisha raising the dead post mortem, which is the one that brings his count up to exactly double Elijah's, but if that had happened recently I think I would have heard about it even though I don't normally pay attention to Popes or Papists.

Usually the RCC moves slowly and only finds such things as factual or not much later, like after the folks in question are dead. Which kinda goes to what Sarah said about churches being the ones to finance investigating into fake miracles. I can't see anyone other than the RCC doing that, and then only for this purpose.

Upvote 0

Lord Emsworth

Je ne suis pas une de vos élèves.
Oct 10, 2004
Through the cables and the underground ...
✟61,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Does this mean you've never seen a miracle?

If you stick to the book definition of miracle, then I guess no. No proper miracle at least. But going by everyday language, calling it miracle is perfectly fine.

Well I missed most of these 100 pages. I guess I also missed said canonization, was it really based on a dead Pope doing things?

John Paul II has been dead for some time now. His canonization happened fairly recently, and the miracle for which he was canonized sometime in between. (Although, I can't recall anything more exact from the top of my hat.)

I mean Scripture does record Elisha raising the dead post mortem, which is the one that brings his count up to exactly double Elijah's, but if that had happened recently I think I would have heard about it even though I don't normally pay attention to Popes or Papists.

You brought up Lourdes! :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.