How are we as a people to respond to things like this?

Anovah

Jun 6, 2004
Oregon
✟14,597.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know, but just because we don't hear from them doesn't mean they don't exist.
Ringo

But...but...

Berwyn Heights police officer Pvt. Amir Johnson said:
I never imagined, when I set out to protect people from the crooks and the criminals, that I would have to protect them from my fellow police officers,

That's gotta count for something right?

Upvote 0

MerchantofMenace

Where there's a will, there's a weapon.
Feb 23, 2007
In a mansion.
✟9,060.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow. You people really hate cops don't you? I can't even begin to understand how you could hate the people who protect us. Sure, there are a few bad apples. But you can't judge all of them based on the actions of a few.

And Holland, that's nonsense and you know it. Live with more freedom and less safety? Wow.

Cops don't protect us.

If someone wanted to perpetrate a violent crime against me right now, they could do so before the police even knew about it, let alone had time to respond.

Upvote 0
V

Vale Tudo

I live near this area and I can tell you that PG county is one terrible department. They have earned that reputation with multiple situations such as this. They raided the mayor's house because a dealer's dropoff was supposed to be there, but they never checked the address(dealers will often deliver to alternate addresses, and then have a runner pick up). This happened last year, but nonetheless is another example of why PG country has such a poor department.

Upvote 0

AirForceTeacher

King of the Wicker People
Feb 23, 2004
The south
✟28,117.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm gratified to see all this discussion. We need to figure out a way to get more and more people to know and talk about these happenings - even if we don't all agree - because knowing what's going on gives us the ability to deal with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matthewj1985

Oct 7, 2008
Texas
✟1,669.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Another victory for a no-knock warrant.

I hope that SWAT team meets a real operator and gets treated like burglars deserve.

There is a man in Louisiana on death row for just this. Cops were at his house to raid a marijuana grow and ended up finding I think just 1 small bag in the entire house.

Upvote 0
R

reverend C

If I were on a jury for a guy killing a cop, i wouldn't find em guilty, no matter what kind of scumbag he is, because he killed a bigger scumbag.

this kind of hatred for the position does not advance your argument. it mitigates it, indicating a bias and not any kind of reasoned opinion. whether you are right or wrong is irrelevant. it is hard to take your position seriously when it is obviously so personally motivated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums