How a literal 7 day creation can work with evolution claims without changing a word of either

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here is a brief summary.
basically gen 1 is a 7 day over view, and ending day 6 with man made in the image of god (no soul). This version of man could have very well evolved, and been waiting outside the garden this whole time. Chapter 2:4 is the being of the garden only narrative. this narrative happens at the same time the 7 days of creation are happening. the true beginning of chapter two starts verse 4 and describes mid day on day 2 to be the start of the garden only narrative, and ends mid day three. So everything in the garden happens in one of god creation days. remember most all of chapter 2 is garden narrative only. meaning aside from the very first part of chapter 2 that describes day 7 the day of rest the rest of chapter two describes what only took place in the garden. it STARTS with the creation of a man named Adam. Adam was made of mud and given a soul. from Adam God made eve. then next thing of note there is no time line between chapter 2 and chapter 3. so while Adam and eve via the tree of life they did have access to, remain the same in the garden with god. everything outside the garden ‘evolved’ till about 6000 years ago where chapter three describes the fall of man. this is why the genologies stop 6000 years ago. So again at the very beginning of creation of earth on day 2 God makes adam and from adam made eve and they were placed in the garden with god by the end of day three and remain in the garden with god for potentially hundreds if not billions of years, while everything outside the garden is made to evolve. till about 6000 years ago when they were kicked out of the garden for their sins to then mix in with man made on day 6/evolved man

I go into much more detail in the video explain each day:

Reactions: Job 33:6

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
-
The unbelief (especially in the creation accounts) of The Bible by people who are christian or at least identify as christian must be at an all time high.
I agree this unbelief and or doubt is the primary realy why 70 to 80% of our children who graduates from college leave the faith. This ‘theroy’ allow for faith and science to coexist

Last edited:
Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, for billions of years.. Adam and Eve lived with each other, perfect man... perfect woman.... in paradise....and... no kids?

Ya... for that reason.. among many others ( read post #2 )... I'm out.
So, you dont believe that after this life we/the saved do not live with God Forever?? Or is it that you believe that “billions of years” is a linger span of time than FOREVER?

or maybe you dont get that adam and eve in the garden had access tot the tree of life which allows one to live forever (which is longer than ‘billions of years) as per gen 3? Or maybe that adam and eve had nothing keeping them from eating from the tree of life as with the fruit from the tree of knowledge…

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Did you not read the op??? Thats what i did. As the only thing changes is how you understand what he said.
I read the OP. And I understand hermeneutics. The original audience of both Genesis and Exodus would have seen it as a literal and recent six day creation. That’s how it was understood for thousands of years. Letting pagans into the discussion has led to nothing but confusion.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I read the OP. And I understand hermeneutics. The original audience of both Genesis and Exodus would have seen it as a literal and recent six day creation. That’s how it was understood for thousands of years. Letting pagans into the discussion has led to nothing but confusion.
So what you are saying is God would not have foresight or ability to write a narrative that would speak to bronze age people yet have the ability to complete encapsulate what modern man would come to find out? If so how is the gospel still relevant?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So what you are saying is God would not have foresight or ability to write a narrative that would speak to bronze age people yet have the ability to complete encapsulate what modern man would come to find out? If so how is the gospel still relevant?
I’m saying that the Bible can never mean what it never meant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I’m saying that the Bible can never mean what it never meant.
I totally get what you are saying. My question or my statement is saying that What is preventing God from speaking to Bronze Age men on a level they could understand, and at the same time with the same exact story speak to us without changing a word of what was originally said?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I totally get what you are saying. My question or my statement is saying that What is preventing God from speaking to Bronze Age men on a level they could understand, and at the same time with the same exact story speak to us without changing a word of what was originally said?
It would mean that God lied to the Israelites.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I agree this unbelief and or doubt is the primary really why 70 to 80% of our children who graduates from college leave the faith. This ‘theory’ allow for faith and science to coexist
Or, could it be due to the simple fact that the atheistic, Darwinian hoax of evolution is drummed into our children's heads, and taught as fact, from an early age until adult hood.

If we, as Christians, think that the view we hold and teach on Sunday and at times throughout the week, is going to compete with the 24/7 agenda of academia, to get God out of life... We are mistaken.

My kids had to concede to just answer the questions on the exam... as they are required to do.. in order to get the marks.

This atheistic view is taught as fact, along with all kinds of immoral views and ideals that totally contradict the Bible. Our children live in a very different world than we did.. and as our fathers and fathers fathers did.

Each generation is less and less biblical.

There are other reasons as to why kids leave the faith.. not the least of these is this:

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3

New King James Version

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of a]">[a]Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of b]">[b]sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So, you dont believe that after this life we/the saved do not live with God Forever?? Or is it that you believe that “billions of years” is a linger span of time than FOREVER?

or maybe you dont get that adam and eve in the garden had access tot the tree of life which allows one to live forever (which is longer than ‘billions of years) as per gen 3? Or maybe that adam and eve had nothing keeping them from eating from the tree of life as with the fruit from the tree of knowledge…
I certainly believe the truth of the Bible. That we will have everlasting life..

However, in heaven, we are not given in marriage...

Matthew 22:29-30

King James Version

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

In the garden.. God told Adam and Eve to populate the earth..

Can you see the difference?

Genesis 1:28

King James Version

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I agree this unbelief and or doubt is the primary realy why 70 to 80% of our children who graduates from college leave the faith. This ‘theroy’ allow for faith and science to coexist

Who wants The Bible to coexist with science lies

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PrincetonGuy

Veteran
Feb 19, 2005
U.S.A.
✟109,018.00
Faith
Baptist
Or, could it be due to the simple fact that the atheistic, Darwinian hoax of evolution is drummed into our children's heads, and taught as fact, from an early age until adult hood.

If we, as Christians, think that the view we hold and teach on Sunday and at times throughout the week, is going to compete with the 24/7 agenda of academia, to get God out of life... We are mistaken.

My kids had to concede to just answer the questions on the exam... as they are required to do.. in order to get the marks.

This atheistic view is taught as fact, along with all kinds of immoral views and ideals that totally contradict the Bible. Our children live in a very different world than we did.. and as our fathers and fathers fathers did.

[Staff Edit] There is absolutely nothing atheistic about evolution. Indeed, very few teachers of evolutionary biology are atheists for the simple reason that evolution has to do with science, and scientific evidence that God does not exist is in very short supply.

[Staff Edit]

For the past four years, I have had an active ministry to a fellowship of atheists and have gotten to know them very well. All but two of them had been active members of radicalized Christian fundamentalist churches, and NONE of them had been members of evangelical churches who left the theory of evolution in the science classroom where it belongs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I read the OP. And I understand hermeneutics. The original audience of both Genesis and Exodus would have seen it as a literal and recent six day creation. That’s how it was understood for thousands of years.
"So that what we say may be understood quite concretely, let us now bring the argument to bear upon actual passages in Scripture. To what person of intelligence, I ask, will the account seem logically consistent that says there was a "first day" and a "second" and "third", in which also "evening" and "morning" are named, without a sun, without a moon, and without stars, and even in the case of the first day without a heaven? And who will be found simple enough to believe that like some farmer "God planted trees in the garden of Eden, in the east?" and that He planted "the tree of life" in it, that is a visible tree that could be touched, so that someone could eat of this tree with corporeal teeth and gain life, and, further, could eat of another tree and receive knowledge "of good and evil"? Moreover, we find that God is said to stroll in the garden in the afternoon and Adam to hide under a tree. Surely, I think no one doubts that these statements are made by Scripture in the form of a type by which they point toward certain mysteries. . . But there is no need for us to enlarge the discussion too much beyond what we have in hand, since it is quite easy for everyone who wishes to collect from the holy Scriptures things that are written as though they were really done, but cannot be believed to have happened appropriately and reasonably according to the narrative meaning."
-- Origen, On First Principles

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It would mean that God lied to the Israelites.

how? The exact same story that was given to them is also given to us. what you guys always assume is because I give another interpretation to the same story that I change the story some how.. When in fact I have not changed a literal word.

My understanding of the world around me is greater and possible deeper than those people who first received this story.
which simply means I understand or have the ability to understand nuances maybe the original Israelites could not.

Do you not remember the parable of the talents?
where a master going off on a long journey gives to each of his servants money according to their abilities.
to one he gave 3 talents then to another 2 and then to the third 1 talent.

Again each to their ability.

Now take that principle and apply it here. While the Israelites are also receiving the same talent/gold IE information that I am I just received a little bit more. because of the time I live in gives us access to understanding and information they did not have.

You can't believe that a Bronze Age mans understanding of the world around him must remain the same through out the ages? that the understanding is not allowed to change.

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think that will ever change? Do you think the impact of Darwins theory will ever allow the church to maintain a YEC world view? Meaning do you think that the educational system will not force children to choose between the "facts" of science and the 'faith' of religion?

That 70% of children we loose out of the church every year is bleeding the church dry, and my OP is a way to combat that.
which is why I use what was said in the op to allow both faith in the science needed to pass a test and the ability to retain faith in God as the 7 day creation is still possible no matter what they say about evolution.

Not every kid can live with that. Most are taught to only put their faith in scientific fact. and as a result are made to choose faith in God or faith in 'science.' and Genesis 1-3 is the battle ground where their fate is decided most of the time.
which is exactly the reason why we should not be doubling down on our and our father's understanding of this part of the Bible. we are not equipping our children in a way to maintain their faith.
Each generation is less and less biblical.
it ebb and flows.

There are other reasons as to why kids leave the faith.. not the least of these is this:

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3

New King James Version

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of a]">[a]Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of b]">[b]sin is revealed, the son of perdition, [/QUOTE]

Upvote 0