• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Horses banned from use at border

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Aldebaran, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,674
    Non-Denom
    Single
    One of those "You can't make this stuff up" stories.......

"Border patrol agents will be banned from using horses in Del Rio, Texas, the Biden administration announced Thursday, after viral photos showed agents on horseback capturing immigrants who crossed the border illegally.

Initial reports indicated agents were using whips on the migrants, though that was later debunked. But conerns over the photos came up during the White House press briefing this week.

"One, we feel those images are horrible and horrific," White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said Thursday. "I can also convey to you that [Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas] conveyed to civil rights leaders earlier this morning that we will no longer be using horses in Del Rio."
    Biden decision to ban horses for border patrol draws backlash from Republicans

Civil rights? Since when does a horse violate someone's civil rights?
    Will police officers also no longer be allowed to use police cars on city streets, given that they give an unfair advantage to criminals who are on foot?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+5,990
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Sounds like he wants to give them a head start?

3. royal priest

royal priest debtor to grace

+2,469
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    It's like the old 'guns kill' argument against gun violence.

4. Yttrium

Yttrium Independent Centrist

+2,007
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    "Horrific"? Well, that lowers my opinion of Psaki a few notches. The use of horses seems very reasonable to me, in that kind of terrain.

5. renniks

renniks Well-Known Member

+2,980
    Christian
    Married
    If something is working, ban it,!

6. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,674
    Non-Denom
    Single
    She probably would have rather seen imagery of the illegals being allowed to do what they wanted while the agents just sat back and watched without doing anything. But when the agents did their job, Psaki is "horrified".
    And now horses are banned.

7. Nithavela

Nithavela Cool catchphrase goes here

+15,523
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    The obvious problem is that "people on horseback catching other humans" has some dark historic connotations in the USA, which is why the media jumped on those pictures.

But this is just PR. Nothing of worth is accomplished.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+30,635
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    What is interesting to me is the whips and ropes were used only against the Haitian migrants.It is reminiscent of the catching of runaway slaves or cattle. It is dehumanizing. I know some people do not see anything wrong with using horses in this manner but they should check themselves, especially if they name themselves Christians.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  9. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+8,789
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    They are worthy of love...but only if they stay on their side of an imaginary, human made line that deliantes where I must start or stop caring about people who are struggling.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  10. Handmaid for Jesus

+30,635
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    The hypocrisy is palpable isn't it? Hear the silence?

11. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+8,789
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    It saddens me to hear Christians speak about ANYONE like this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. GreekOrthodox

GreekOrthodox Psalti Chrysostom

+3,149
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    In case we dont remember this incident from 2019 in Texas.

Now I agree, searching for someone in rough terrain by horseback does make sense but when they are simply walking someone through the streets just sets up a poor image.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+8,789
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    DING! There you go. And I would DEFINITELY wager that it was pictures such as THIS one that got the ire of the democrats in power.

And it should.

Becaues this is distasteful.

14. GreekOrthodox

GreekOrthodox Psalti Chrysostom

+3,149
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Years ago, when I was living in Cincinnati, there was an incident at a club where a black patron was leaving and there were officers on horseback right outside the doors. The man was trying to walk by the horse when it moved its head and he put up his arms to avoid getting bumped in the face. He was arrested for assaulting the horse. It's stuff like this that just keeps the train rolling.

Personally, I've had my own run in with police while reporting a crime and I ended up being charged. So I have a bit of a trust issue with them.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Handmaid for Jesus

+30,635
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    It is incidents like these that some can't acknowledge is happening to people.

16. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,674
    Non-Denom
    Single
    They didn't whip the Haitians. They were using the whips to control the horses.
    Don't get so caught up with imagery.
    If the Haitians weren't black, this would not even be an issue. Does anyone believe the agents at the border have never use horses on patrol before this? How about on city streets?
    Here's a case where the Capitol Police were prepared to use horses against people who might protest at the nation's capitol. At :50 seconds---

17. Handmaid for Jesus

+30,635
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    In other words, don't believe what we see.:rolleyes:
    I did not SEE horses being used to hunt/catch people in that video.

18. Handmaid for Jesus

+30,635
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    But the Haitians ARE black. And That IS the issue.

19. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,674
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Become informed rather than just emotional about what you see.

Are you saying that it would be ok if it happened off-camera?

20. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,674
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Well, we finally get to the heart of the issue, and it took 18 posts (a new record) to get an admission that the real issue is not about horses being used, but the SKIN COLOR of those being blocked from illegally entering the country.