Homosexual Marriage in USA

C

child630

I pray that the Spirit of God will lead us into all truth, and that those who are making up their own gospel to fit their needs will be convicted, for satan is the father of lies.

I also ask God to bring people in the gay community to Jesus Christ, for every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. I just pray they do this before judgement day, which happens when we die. (And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement... Hebrews 9:27)

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0
QueSi said:
Why do people pray on here? Does this look like a closet?

Although I'm 100% in favor of having a dialogue with God through prayer, I assume people pray online to show solidarity with a cause but in this case it seems to be prayer veiled to chastise fellow christians, you disagree with, as tellers of false gospel and to remind us that gays are sinners (like us) who will die as sinners (like us) but their for sure going to hell.

Unless I misunderstood.

Upvote 0
C

child630

Although I'm 100% in favor of having a dialogue with God through prayer, I assume people pray online to show solidarity with a cause but in this case it seems to be prayer veiled to chastise fellow christians, you disagree with, as tellers of false gospel and to remind us that gays are sinners (like us) who will die as sinners (like us) but their for sure going to hell.

Unless I misunderstood.

No, I wasn't chastising gays, for I am gay. But I do not act on my desires, for I do believe it is sin. I simply asking people to join me in prayer, for I do not want to see anyone perish.

I am constantly praying God takes this burden from me, but He hasn't. I hate having gay desires.

I love the gay community, for I know what they are going through. But the truth is the truth. The truth is, is homosexuality is sin; not just sin but an abomination to God. God hates it. This makes me cry a lot, for I will not be able to find love like str8 people can. But it still doesn't change the fact that God hates it. So am I judging people? No. Far from it. I love that community. But that lifestyle will bring death.

So when I prayed, I was simply hoping people would join me. But Jesus did say pray quitely in your closet, so I was probably wrong for doing it publically. But I did not do it to upset people.

I will always feel like I am apart of that community, even though I am not around them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
child630 said:
No, I wasn't chastising gays, for I am gay. But I do not act on my desires, for I do believe it is sin. I simply asking people to join me in prayer, for I do not want to see anyone perish.

I am constantly praying God takes this burden from me, but He hasn't. I hate having gay desires.

I love the gay community, for I know what they are going through. But the truth is the truth. The truth is, is homosexuality is sin; not just sin but an abomination to God. God hates it. This makes me cry a lot, for I will not be able to find love like str8 people can. But it still doesn't change the fact that God hates it. So am I judging people? No. Far from it. I love that community. But that lifestyle will bring death.

So when I prayed, I was simply hoping people would join me. But Jesus did say pray quitely in your closet, so I was probably wrong for doing it publically. But I did not do it to upset people.

I will always feel like I am apart of that community, even though I am not around them.

I misunderstood then in the heat of the debate. I know you have come to conclusions already, but I do not subscribe to the idea christians who are gay, are supposed to live a life of no companionship or intimacy, through christ comes forgiveness, but I won't argue or try to modify your view point on this. I pray you have a long and happy life ^_^

Upvote 0
C

child630

I misunderstood then in the heat of the debate. I know you have come to conclusions already, but I do not subscribe to the idea christians who are gay, are supposed to live a life of no companionship or intimacy, through christ comes forgiveness, but I won't argue or try to modify your view point on this. I pray you have a long and happy life ^_^

I pray for that for you too.

Upvote 0

Jedi.Kep

Jul 30, 2009
Earth
✟16,160.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
... I do not subscribe to the idea christians who are gay, are supposed to live a life of no companionship or intimacy, through christ comes forgiveness...

NO ONE is advocating that gays live a life of no companionship. Where do you get this stuff from?

Jesus did NOT permit the woman caught in adultery the freedom to continue in her adultery. To imply that because Christ forgives means that gays can continue in their sin is twisting of Scripture.

Two points from John 8. 1) Neither do I condemn you 2) Go and sin NO MORE.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QueSi

Jan 15, 2013
Mississippi
✟2,027.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
child630 said:

Oh, it's the gay person that came out of the closet to pray. :) I hope you aren't offended, thought this was a bit funny. Love!!

Upvote 0
C

child630

The issue with me and homosexuality is that I cannot speak against it without being a fool. I myself am asexual and to some extent anti-sexual so I do not agree with sexual behavior of any kind. Despite what the Bible says about homosexuality I can't jump into this matter simply because doing so would be putting my foot in my mouth. I am just incapable of viewing any form of sexuality as necessary or important.
I really don't know if I should make a stance as to whether i am pro or anti homosexuality or should I just stay indifferent perhaps.

Wow. I really wish I was asexual. I hate sex. I have unwanted desires, so for me sex is a curse for it wages war against my soul. Don't get wrong, I am a virgin. But I am addicted to sexual lust, which the Bible says it is just as wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
child630 said:
This makes me cry a lot, for I will not be able to find love like str8 people can.

Jedi.Kep said:
NO ONE is advocating that gays live a life of no companionship. Where do you get this stuff from?

I was speaking directly to what child630 said. Thats "where I got this stuff from". Its a commonly held notion from conservative christians, who's faith is half politics half biblical, that gay christians to earn salvation must live their lives devoid of companionship and intimacy.

Jedi.Kep said:
2) Go and sin NO MORE.

Everyone fails this, everyone dies with a sin of pride, envy, greed, prejudice it doesn't matter, but apparently gays are held to a different standard

Upvote 0

Jedi.Kep

Jul 30, 2009
Earth
✟16,160.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was speaking directly to what child630 said. Thats "where I got this stuff from". Its a commonly held notion from conservative christians, who's faith is half politics half biblical, that gay christians to earn salvation must live their lives devoid of companionship and intimacy.

What utter nonsense that such a notion is 'common' among conservative Christians.

Everyone fails this, everyone dies with a sin of pride, envy, greed, prejudice it doesn't matter, but apparently gays are held to a different standard

What you are not getting is that the Scriptures specifically speak against 'practicing' sinful behaviors. Do you really think that woman who was shown compassion returned to a life of open adultery? Seriously?

So according to you, I can go kill my ex, repent, and everything would be okay right? Just like the gay person can still life a gay lifestyle and everything is okay. Right? Dude, God does not wink at sin. He has made it crystal clear what we are to do with it. We are to repent (turn from) sin. Nowhere in the Scriptures are we told that sin is okay and God will just ignore it.

And you completely ignore the verses which tell that for EVERY temptation, God provides a way out. You don't have to fall for every temptation that comes your way.

May I suggest a study of the Scriptures regarding the subject? There are several excellent threads in this forum which deals with that very topic. You may discover something new.

Upvote 0
Jedi.Kep said:
What utter nonsense that such a notion is 'common' among conservative Christians.

What you are not getting is that the Scriptures specifically speak against 'practicing' sinful behaviors. Do you really think that woman who was shown compassion returned to a life of open adultery? Seriously?

So according to you, I can go kill my ex, repent, and everything would be okay right? Just like the gay person can still life a gay lifestyle and everything is okay. Right? Dude, God does not wink at sin. He has made it crystal clear what we are to do with it. We are to repent (turn from) sin. Nowhere in the Scriptures are we told that sin is okay and God will just ignore it.

And you completely ignore the verses which tell that for EVERY temptation, God provides a way out. You don't have to fall for every temptation that comes your way.

May I suggest a study of the Scriptures regarding the subject? There are several excellent threads in this forum which deals with that very topic. You may discover something new.

Does every human die a sinner? Yes. Do christians who have a personal relationship with Christ gain salvation no matter their sin? Yes I think so.

It is a common belief held by conservative christians, remember they self identify as being conservative first, christian second. Politicoreligiousness has hijacked christianity in America and they do not have a monopoly on faith, belief, interpretation of denomination.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
If I was wrong, may God forgive me. But yes, Jesus said go into a closet and pray, so I apologize.

The prayer closet in scriptures was not a house closet.

It was a shaw worn by Israeli people.

When praying in public Jesus meant to hood your head so you would not act out for others but God only.

It is called a prayer shaw.

Upvote 0