Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
^ Exactly my point and this is what happens to me I get home schooled kids coming to me because their parents can't do the work, huge problem . Now for you you'd probably pay the nice man a decent price however I get a lot of Christian home schoolers clamoring for a discounts because they are in my same church ect. People like me can't do this.

I'm not meaning for this to sound critical of you, but I just want to point out some varying perspectives that I have seen which might help you in dealing with the stress that you have to deal with.

In public, and probably private schools, there are usually opportunities for students who are struggling to get extra help from tutors, aids, or teachers for free. Homeschoolers who struggle don't have that option so outside sources have to be sought out. Parents of school students are not judged for getting their children who are struggling extra help, but are praised for supporting their child in their education. Parents who homeschool with children who struggle and seek extra help are judged as unknowledgeable, inadequate, and incapable.

As far as the parent's in your church expecting you to give them low rates, that is not acceptable. You should be paid what your skills and effort are worth. Always. If they need assistance paying you, then they need to seek that out for themselves. Perhaps the church body, perhaps family.. I don't know. But it is wrong for them to expect you to bear financial burden because they are in need themselves. I'm sorry that you have to deal with that. Sometimes Christians have a sense of entitlement that causes them to stomp on their own brothers and sisters.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As far as the parent's in your church expecting you to give them low rates, that is not acceptable.
I have seen the same thing with carpenters, plumbers, electricians, auto mechanics, etc.

Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

Dhenzki

Oct 13, 2015
✟15,201.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Homeschooling has become a big trend, and I think a lot of kids and parents are getting a great education doing it. I’ve worked with a lot of kids who have been homeschooled and they’re very bright. They also tell me they want to learn some of the skills that aren’t taught in school anymore, like leadership, dealing with challenges in life, and other personal and social skills.

When kids have a mentor or someone that believes in them and coaches them, it’s amazing how fast they can learn and excel! https://www.preparemykid.com

Upvote 0