Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where is ANY verse to support your opinion. Let me share ours. Maybe a true Christian should just do what the BIBLE says, instead of listening to unsubstantiated personal opinions from the "ungifted/unlearned".

1CO 12:31 But earnestly desire the greater gifts. And I show you a still more excellent way.
1CO 14:1 Pursue love, yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.

Yep, bible disagrees with you concerning that spiritual "weird stuff" you just can't discern????? So why don't I just share the bible verses which really fit how the "ungifted/unlearned" really does think about Pentecostals.

1CO 14:23 Therefore if the whole church assembles together and all speak in tongues, and ungifted men or unbelievers enter, will they not say that you are MAD (wierd stuff)?

ACT 2:15 "For these men are not drunk (wierd stuff), as you suppose, for it is only the third hour of the day;

So yes, separate the wierd stuff "as you suppose", because it is scary to those who don't understand such things. I do understand though. I was scared before fear was replaced by faith. I can only hope the same for you.

There is 'weird' stuff going on on some 'charismatic' churches, as well dubious teachings, you can't deny that.

Upvote 0

Timothy416

Dec 31, 2018
Inverness
✟10,322.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes I get it boy did we see some craziness but as a Child of God who only spent a year in that place I seriously need to pray for folk yet as my lightheadedness has only increased since leaving more than a tragic and yes I have been to many drs this morning I wonder maybe just maybe I need a good ole fashioned Jesus cleansing of whatever doors I may have opened its hard to because I don't want to criticize others but sometimes it's good to point out God's word and the errors we all sometimes make in our interpretation.
Having been raised myself in a Pentecostal church, that affected me very badly(not due to the issues you mentioned) I found I did not need cleansing due to opening the wrong doors, but rather a knowledge of the truth of the Gospel upon which the Christian faith stands. That brings its own cleansing as it were

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There is 'weird' stuff going on on some 'charismatic' churches, as well dubious teachings, you can't deny that.
I do agree NBB, and have never said there were no problems in the charismatic church. There were problems in the day of Paul and there has been again in the relatively short decades since the Charismatic outpouring of the Spirit of these last days. But there is also historical problems on your side of this fence. 666 (sic) different "Christian" denominations and sects forming in 1500 years doesn't speak well for the spirit of unity in the church of today. Martin Luther didn't start out 'protesting' Catholics. He started out rejecting the traditions/commandments of men, over the sola scriptura of being "PRO-TESTAMENT".

I disagree here with Charismatics and their theology also, just not nearly as much as I do with the anti-Charismatic side's view. I've been 'in' both sides for decades. Upon leaving the Charismatic church we were in for 23 years, we went back to 'home church' for 4. The thing I missed most in those 4 years was corporate worship. We actually started attending a local BAPTIST church for 4 years, because they were singing the very same songs we had memorized from our Charismatic church years earlier, and I loved it. IOW, YES I DO know how to get along with anti-Charismatics. That pastor knew me and my wife were the only tongue talkers in his congregation, though we never made an issue of it. But he also confessed to me privately, that he had to support me even being in 'the church', in 'some' of his elder's meetings. All because of the brainwashed upbringing and theology based fear they had . Oh they all treated us real nice to our face (taking our tithe checks). But his confession was simply a revelation as to the 'wierd stuff' that comes from the 'other side'. It is religious and spiritual 'Wierd stuff' which anti-charismatics don't even discern, or call out.

So again, yes I agree with you that there is "dubious teaching and wierd stuff" in 'THE CHURCH'....'our churches'....HIS CHURCH. :(

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I do agree NBB, and have never said there were no problems in the charismatic church. There were problems in the day of Paul and there has been again in the relatively short decades since the Charismatic outpouring of the Spirit of these last days. But there is also historical problems on your side of this fence. 666 (sic) different "Christian" denominations and sects forming in 1500 years doesn't speak well for the spirit of unity in the church of today. Martin Luther didn't start out 'protesting' Catholics. He started out rejecting the traditions/commandments of men, over the sola scriptura of being "PRO-TESTAMENT".

I disagree here with Charismatics and their theology also, just not nearly as much as I do with the anti-Charismatic side's view. I've been 'in' both sides for decades. Upon leaving the Charismatic church we were in for 23 years, we went back to 'home church' for 4. The thing I missed most in those 4 years was corporate worship. We actually started attending a local BAPTIST church for 4 years, because they were singing the very same songs we had memorized from our Charismatic church years earlier, and I loved it. IOW, YES I DO know how to get along with anti-Charismatics. That pastor knew me and my wife were the only tongue talkers in his congregation, though we never made an issue of it. But he also confessed to me privately, that he had to support me even being in 'the church', in 'some' of his elder's meetings. All because of the brainwashed upbringing and theology based fear they had . Oh they all treated us real nice to our face (taking our tithe checks). But his confession was simply a revelation as to the 'wierd stuff' that comes from the 'other side'. It is religious and spiritual 'Wierd stuff' which anti-charismatics don't even discern, or call out.

So again, yes I agree with you that there is "dubious teaching and wierd stuff" in 'THE CHURCH'....'our churches'....HIS CHURCH. :(
Much/most of what is being taught and done in modern day Charismatic Chaos is not biblical though!

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Amen. And the biblical word for "know" is probably the one that means EXPERIENTIALLY know, as in 'knowing your wife to conceive'. And not all the 'head candy' that has been promoted by the "ungifted/unlearned" who 'think they know'. And, admittedly the great apostasy, which took the church into the dark ages, has truly made that theology, the source of so much error, in "the church" of today IMO.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Much/most of what is being taught and done in modern day Charismatic Chaos is not biblical though!
Modern day, for 2000 to 6000 years, "Chaos"....

Everything of the world - the wants of the flesh, the things attractive to the eyes, and the pride of life, as Written in Torah.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I am extremely familiar with Charismatic Chaos, as was trained and taught it as an Elder 10 years!
I've heard this testimony enough times, so I'm only going to comment 'one time' on just how it hits me.

I'm sure we're ALL extremely familiar with churches dumb enough to call the unqualified to be elders. But, even if you were qualified to be one, why weren't you "trained and taught" by the Spirit 'to discern this Chaos' any sooner than you did? :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've heard this testimony enough times, so I'm only going to comment 'one time' on just how it hits me.

I'm sure we're ALL extremely familiar with churches dumb enough to call the unqualified to be elders. But, even if you were qualified to be one, why weren't you "trained and taught" by the Spirit 'to discern this Chaos' any sooner than you did? :scratch:
I always spoke out against the errors and heresies of groups such as the WoF and health and wealth, as many agreed with me even in my local AOG church on those!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I'm sure we're ALL extremely familiar with churches dumb enough to call the unqualified to be elders.
This sparked an old old memory --- somewhere it was 'claimed' or is written, let the weaker one be the teacher? , the leader, the moderator, in meetings of the Ekklesia (not in Churches). In meetings led by Jesus, everyone in order standing and sharing what Jesus has done for them or revealed to them that day, the Word, Psalm, or the Spiritual Song in their heart....

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Oneness...oh yes. :) I met several times with the local pastor of 'one of those'. ;) At our last meeting he actually went so far as to say that he thought I "just might be a truly saved one". The insinuation of that comment was based upon his leanings toward 'anyone not in his church' wasn't fully saved. ^_^ Oh well, I love him anyway. And I did have a dear friend to was truly born again and then truly received the baptism of the Spirit with tongues at that church. But, she did subsequently leave because she didn't agree with some of their 'false doctrines' either. Good discernment IMO. Even though I personally don't believe there is a denomination or congregation anywhere that has everything 'right'.

P.S. in your last post you mentioned the Run Baby Run book. Please elaborate. I loved the book. Not sure where your 'negative', which you say the Spirit used to have you lay it down, actually came from. Unpack that a bit more if you would.
The Oneness are not even Trinitarian.

Cult with a CAPITAL C

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Having been raised myself in a Pentecostal church, that affected me very badly(not due to the issues you mentioned) I found I did not need cleansing due to opening the wrong doors, but rather a knowledge of the truth of the Gospel upon which the Christian faith stands. That brings its own cleansing as it were
True. Reading the Bible the Holy Spirit begins to reveal Truth

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
True. Reading the Bible the Holy Spirit begins to reveal Truth
Not always.
The religious leaders read the Bible a lot,
in Scripture,
and sought to kill Jesus.
(and the followers of Jesus in the following centuries through today)

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not always.
The religious leaders read the Bible a lot,
in Scripture,
and sought to kill Jesus.
(and the followers of Jesus in the following centuries through today)
The Bible, as we know it, didn’t exist during the time of Jesus.

They also had a bunch of other writings they followed. Which is still true of that faith.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I attended -and no judgement on any denominations here but attended a pentacostal church for a while often times seeing people supposedly healed , fainting and so on. I do believe in the power of God and the Holy Spirit. Once I went with a group to a pastor/ healers/ prophesies home for a teaching it very much creeped me out as the only method was pulling of the leg to heal then it "grows" at one point everyone started laughing hysterically at another service someone I believed to be a man of God laid back eyes shut, started shaking upon "waking" laughing again. All these things followed by comments of being filled with the Holy Spirit. I at first could feel an occasional warmth throughout my body even though these places were seriously I believe intentionally cold, at the end, I was becoming every time very lightheaded and dizzy.I understand only a lil of such things . My question was going to be might I have let in some wrong spirits yet I know that my God will protect and sustain me! Comments?
The Holy Spirit was sent to remind us of the words of Jesus (John 14:26), not to shout, demand, roll over the floor, make animal sounds etc. Such foolish acts are works of Satan.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I attended -and no judgement on any denominations here but attended a pentacostal church for a while often times seeing people supposedly healed , fainting and so on. I do believe in the power of God and the Holy Spirit. Once I went with a group to a pastor/ healers/ prophesies home for a teaching it very much creeped me out as the only method was pulling of the leg to heal then it "grows" at one point everyone started laughing hysterically at another service someone I believed to be a man of God laid back eyes shut, started shaking upon "waking" laughing again. All these things followed by comments of being filled with the Holy Spirit. I at first could feel an occasional warmth throughout my body even though these places were seriously I believe intentionally cold, at the end, I was becoming every time very lightheaded and dizzy.I understand only a lil of such things . My question was going to be might I have let in some wrong spirits yet I know that my God will protect and sustain me! Comments?

They are all fake and there should be a law that their followers should go to mandatory psychiatric evaluation, and no i'm not joking. There is nothing supernatural about what is going on, there is no demon, spirits and God involved in any of that. It's just people hypnotizing themselves enough that they don't feel the "oh what am i doing alarm" go off.

Upvote 0