Uruguay
✟445,475.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Big problem is that the "good" charismatics/Pentecostals do not really make a concerted public effort to have those heretical groups such as the Wof and the health and wealth Gospel churches be exposed as the frauds they are, and their false teachers and leaders been shown as being false Apostles of Christ, as Paul warned us about!

Yes there are good pentecostal churches, like i said i received the Holy spirit in one, and other experiences with God, if God would have not touched me that time in church, i would have left and kept living my life as he didn't existed like i was doing, but he 'grabbed' me with that experience, in a pentecostal church. God is not going to back up churches that are doing wrong with the Holy spirit.

Reactions: Seadish
Upvote 0

DaveM

Nov 26, 2016
nc
✟71,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Remember this God is a Holly and orderly God. If it is not orderly I would have to question if it is from the Holly Spirit

1 Corinthians 14 ---40 But all things should be done decently and in order. ...............its really that simple isnt it !!

Best teaching I have ever seen on the subject, its a multiple part series

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,475.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I couldn't care less for fainting, laughing, staying on the floor whatever, i personally don't like those things, but when God is in a church, you can be filled with the Holy spirit, you can go to the Holy place, you can 'taste heavingly gifts' and feel the glory of God, Jesus can speak to you, experience the water of life, and feel the presence of God, all this is the good stuff, spiritual blessings every christian should experience at least once, not the dry 'bible only' and walking 'by faith not experiencing anything' gospel some try to follow.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I couldn't care less for fainting, laughing, staying on the floor whatever, i personally don't like those things, but when God is in a church, you can be filled with the Holy spirit, you can go to the Holy place, you can 'taste heavingly gifts' and feel the glory of God, Jesus can speak to you, experience the water of life, and feel the presence of God, all this is the good stuff, spiritual blessings every christian should experience at least once, not the dry 'bible only' and walking 'by faith not experiencing anything' gospel some try to follow.
I would worry a bit about feeling that one must feel or sense something while in church or at worship. Experiences can be from God, but experiences should not be the focal point. Emotions should not be a gage for what we move towards, frankly.

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,475.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would worry a bit about feeling that one must feel or sense something while in church or at worship. Experiences can be from God, but experiences should not be the focal point. Emotions should not be a gage for what we move towards, frankly.

If i not feel anything in church that is ok, but these things are available to christians, the bible says so and are true, and i get excited to experience something from God, if i not experience them for years, well, they aldready increased my faith, bad 'luck' God knows why but we should not despise these things as 'feelings' only, these experiences can be life changing.

When i went to church, if the Holy spirit would have not touched me, i would have left bored and kept living my life as if God didn't existed, but God 'grabbed' me with experiences like these, and they only increased my faith.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If i not feel anything in church that is ok, but these things are available to christians, the bible says so and are true, and i get excited to experience something from God, if i not experience them for years, well, they aldready increased my faith, bad 'luck' God knows why but we should not despise these things as 'feelings' only, these experiences can be life changing.

When i went to church, if the Holy spirit would have not touched me, i would have left bored and kept living my life as if God didn't existed, but God 'grabbed' me with experiences like these, and they only increased my faith.

That is certainly possible. But to hang on an expectation of emotionally uplifting experiences every worship service and to have this expectation essentially fuel / define one's Christian life is dangerous, imo.

God brought me face to face with Him through a powerful dream, so, I get that. God does definitely sometimes work that way on souls. That is true. I'm not trying to slam your experience. But I do think that some Chrismatic Christians overdo it on the raw emotionalism, and that many Charismatic "signs" should be cautiously avoided.

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,475.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is certainly possible. But to hang on an expectation of emotionally uplifting experiences every worship service and to have this expectation essentially fuel / define one's Christian life is dangerous, imo.

God brought me face to face with Him through a powerful dream, so, I get that. God does definitely sometimes work that way on souls. That is true. I'm not trying to slam your experience. But I do think that some Chrismatic Christians overdo it on the raw emotionalism, and that many Charismatic "signs" should be cautiously avoided.

Like i said i don't go to church to 'feel' things, if it happens God touches me, the better, i would have a lot less faith in God should he not did something in my life, but now, i am 100% certain he exists, and i am hooked for life with God because the things he made me experience, if other christians would have felt the Holy spirit more, they wouldn't be doubting God all that much like some do.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like i said i don't go to church to 'feel' things, if it happens God touches me, the better, i would have a lot less faith in God should he not did something in my life, but now, i am 100% certain he exists, and i am hooked for life with God because the things he made me experience, if other christians would have felt the Holy spirit more, they wouldn't be doubting God all that much like some do.
That's fine, brother. God bless you.

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,475.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

We need to be faithful to Jesus, either we experience something or not, actually i feel bad if i feel God is doing nothing in my life for too much time which it can be a long time, i get sort of desperate to have something from him, i am spoiled like that, it doesn't need to be one of those experiences i mentioned, but something, at least something of the things God does that encourages me and tells me i am going in the right direction.

Like having a son and father relationship, i think God needs to be active in a christian life somehow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We need to be faithful to Jesus, either we experience something or not, actually i feel bad if i feel God is doing nothing in my life for too much time which in can be a long time, i get sort of desperate to have something from him, i am spoiled like that, it doesn't need to be one of those experienced i mentioned, but something, at least something of the things God does that ecourages me and tells me i am going in the right direction.

Yes, I get that feeling, sometimes, too. What encourages me is simply to have an image of Christ to gaze at. I am very visually oriented, and love sacred artwork. Looking at His Face helps me remember why I'm on this road.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I was very interested in the pentacostal movement in the 70s but after 2-3 years of trying different churches noticed that the pentacostal folks tended to look down their noses at non-pentacostals as 'less spiritual' than they.
We both have a very similar testimony, only difference being is the FUNDAMENTALS in the 70's were like those of today. IOW their theology is no FUN because it's so MENTAL. And it was they who look their noses down at us, Why? Because we were trying to get them to receive the very thing we never had when we DID BELIEVE JUST LIKE YOU/THEM before we received.

And as far as I'm concerned, my experience was we looked at you no different than you looked at unsaved people (then as well as now). And I simply refuse to let you try to make me feel any haughtier than you felt when the heathens accused you/me of being 'holier than thous' because WE were saved and those judging US weren't. IOW check your shoe fit before judging ours. I've seen the left foot of fellowship from FUNDY's way more than CHARISMATICS toward FUNDY's. We're striving to offer fellowship you consider "MAD" "DRUNK" even as the "ungifted/unlearned" did in the days of Charismatic Corinth.

We did attend a pentacostal church once at the request of friends some years later. I wanted to run for the door when the pastor's wife, apparently suddenly overcome by the Spirit, jumped onto the stage, grabbed the microphone from her husband and shouted "The Lord just told me He would raise up seven millionaires from this congregation if seven of you first learn how to give properly!" or something similar.

Yikes.
Yep, if what you say is what really happened, I'd agree 100%. :oldthumbsup: BUT....I also know the difference between throwing out the BABY with the bathwater. A real problem with Christians who meet the biblical definition of being in one of the three groups spoken of in the book of Corinthians.

GROUP ONE would be a 'WHOLE CHURCH of tongue talking' charismatics, TWO would be "ungifted/unlearned" Christians. THREE would be unsaved "unbelievers".

So tell me BarWi, which of those THREE groups do you fit into TODAY?

NAS 1CO 14:23 Therefore if the whole church assembles together and all speak in tongues, and ungifted men or unbelievers enter, will they not say that you are mad?

KJV 1CO 14:23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

Are you a tongue talker like the whole Charismatic Church of Corinth?
Are you a Holy Ghost "ungifted/unlearned" Christian who doesn't "speak in tongues"?
Or, are you an "unbeliever" who really isn't even saved as a born-again Christian.

Please just tell me ONE TWO or THREE, and please don't just refuse to answer this simple BIBLE question based upon the infallible WORD OF GOD. Be bold enough to testify to 'the faith that is in you'. :)

Upvote 0

BarWi

Oct 11, 2018
Midwest
✟20,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Are you a Holy Ghost "ungifted/unlearned" Christian who doesn't "speak in tongues"?
Or, are you an "unbeliever" who really isn't even saved as a born-again Christian.

Please just tell me ONE TWO or THREE, and please don't just refuse to answer this simple BIBLE question based upon the infallible WORD OF GOD.
First off Hillsage, who are you to demand I announce my faith to you? I have no idea what the first part of your post is saying, though it seems to be directed to me...??
Second, I told of my experience. If you are a Pentecostal and are offended by my post, that's the way the cookie crumbles, as they say. My intention was to simply tell of my experience and give my general assessment of it. It is what it is.
Third, for the record: I am a person saved entirely by the work and blood of Christ Jesus who gave Himself up as God in human form and who reigns the heavens today and forever. That's all you or anyone else needs to know, brother.

Upvote 0

Seadish

Oct 16, 2018
Colorado
✟26,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh boy, Lol Ok let's take our time here. First Jesus Christ DBR fulfilled all the law and prophets and they apostles were filled with signs and wonders to show Jesus to the early church. Do you know why? It was because 1 Cor 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
The gifts transitioned to all the apostles until the gospel was preached. What gospel? The apostle Paul's gospel 1 Cor 15:1-4 that we gentiles could be saved by Eph 2:8-9 [His grace by our faith]

We now have the very Word of God in the form of the bible, We do not need signs and wonders.

If this is in affect today friend, Why aren't you guys at children's hospital healing the sick???
Why do you have to attend schools to speak foreign languages?
Why not just pack up and go overseas now???

As far as a Holy Ghost filled Baptist church lol, Don't you know that everyone who is saved is filled with the Spirit? When you get a man of God speaking the Word of God and the Spirit fills Him, The Spirit will spill over and He will preach legibly the Word of God to the people. It will not be some mumbo jumbo but the all powerful and living Divine Word of God.
Old time preachers that were men of God have more Spirit in their pinky finger than do most new church ministers because they had to study the Word to get their answers, They used their bibles and didn't have pre canned sermons that were slapped together haphazardly.

Hope this helps. Blessings
lol that's what my husband said

Upvote 0

Seadish

Oct 16, 2018
Colorado
✟26,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We both have a very similar testimony, only difference being is the FUNDAMENTALS in the 70's were like those of today. IOW their theology is no FUN because it's so MENTAL. And it was they who look their noses down at us, Why? Because we were trying to get them to receive the very thing we never had when we DID BELIEVE JUST LIKE YOU/THEM before we received.

And as far as I'm concerned, my experience was we looked at you no different than you looked at unsaved people (then as well as now). And I simply refuse to let you try to make me feel any haughtier than you felt when the heathens accused you/me of being 'holier than thous' because WE were saved and those judging US weren't. IOW check your shoe fit before judging ours. I've seen the left foot of fellowship from FUNDY's way more than CHARISMATICS toward FUNDY's. We're striving to offer fellowship you consider "MAD" "DRUNK" even as the "ungifted/unlearned" did in the days of Charismatic Corinth.

Yep, if what you say is what really happened, I'd agree 100%. :oldthumbsup: BUT....I also know the difference between throwing out the BABY with the bathwater. A real problem with Christians who meet the biblical definition of being in one of the three groups spoken of in the book of Corinthians.

GROUP ONE would be a 'WHOLE CHURCH of tongue talking' charismatics, TWO would be "ungifted/unlearned" Christians. THREE would be unsaved "unbelievers".

NAS 1CO 14:23 Therefore if the whole church assembles together and all speak in tongues, and ungifted men or unbelievers enter, will they not say that you are mad?

KJV 1CO 14:23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?

Please just tell me ONE TWO or THREE, and please don't just refuse to answer this simple BIBLE question based upon the infallible WORD OF GOD. Be bold enough to testify to 'the faith that is in you'. :)
They were a one I am not on your list as a follower of Christ a daughter of God I am very "gifted" but refuse to have anyone dismiss or talk down to me because my gifts do not involve speaking in tongue and I will not argue scripture or religion so Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Seadish

Oct 16, 2018
Colorado
✟26,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were a one I am not on your list as a follower of Christ a daughter of God I am very "gifted" but refuse to have anyone dismiss or talk down to me because my gifts do not involve speaking in tongue and I will not argue scripture or religion so Blessings
But maybe I'm being sensitive,,, either way

Upvote 0

Seadish

Oct 16, 2018
Colorado
✟26,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was very interested in the pentacostal movement in the 70s but after 2-3 years of trying different churches noticed that the pentacostal folks tended to look down their noses at non-pentacostals as 'less spiritual' than they. That was the end of our relationship, the fruit wasn't what I thought it could or should be. Of course there were a lot of nice folks, but it isn't the nice folks who claw their way into the hierarchy to "rule" individual churches.

We did attend a pentacostal church once at the request of friends some years later. I wanted to run for the door when the pastor's wife, apparently suddenly overcome by the Spirit, jumped onto the stage, grabbed the microphone from her husband and shouted "The Lord just told me He would raise up seven millionaires from this congregation if seven of you first learn how to give properly!" or something similar.

Yikes.
Oh my goodness!

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Not everyone who was saved is filled with the Holy spirit, like in the bible, it needs to happen, and if you continue in sin you loose it, it can be a test if you are keeping Jesus commandments, if you keep the filling you do well. Stop with this that every christian is filled with the Holy spirit, it happens like in the bible.
I am in total disagreement with this. Only when you are saved do you even receive the Holy Spirit and when you do have it you don't lose it by sin because you are sealed with it..
You lose heavenly rewards and are punished by earthly standards but you are in the Ark of Christ and the door is shut!!

• Agree
Reactions: Stone-n-Steel
Upvote 0

Seadish

Oct 16, 2018
Colorado
✟26,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am in total disagreement with this. Only when you are saved do you even receive the Holy Spirit and when you do have it you don't lose it by sin because you are sealed with it..
You lose heavenly rewards and are punished by earthly standards but you are in the Ark of Christ and the door is shut!!
Me too ..

Upvote 0