Hold the Date! Trump announces July 4th Huge Celebration!

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To the US friends I have gathered on this site, may I wish you a joyous and peaceful commemoration of your magnificent 240+ year experiment in democracy....:wave::oldthumbsup:

(I can almost smell that barbecue Cow...!)
There should be a comma after “barbecue”.:swoon:

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As usual, the claim sounds alarming to people who do not know that most other presidents did the same exact thing and it was taken for granted by the public.

My issue with this event is that it appears it is the wind up to a Trump rally tonight, not just a celebration of the Fourth. Which makes this twice as bad, as you know have the President asking military members to break the law -- it is against military law for military members to attend campaign events in uniform.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Anti-Lincoln

"But no president since the Civil War has been more uninterested in the rhetoric of healing and unity than Donald Trump. It is difficult to express how deeply repugnant his effort to politicize this space is to commonly held American ideals. The display of tanks near the Lincoln Memorial is just a bitter and expensive absurdity compared with the co-option of Lincoln’s temple for the personal aggrandizement of a man who celebrates political violence, who proudly calls himself a “counterpuncher,” and who regularly tweets insults calculated for maximum divisiveness. In the long arc of Trump’s public career, there isn’t a shred of evidence that he understands who Lincoln was, what he stood for and how he accomplished it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...9089972ad5a_story.html?utm_term=.84f82412707b

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The Anti-Lincoln

"But no president since the Civil War has been more uninterested in the rhetoric of healing and unity than Donald Trump. It is difficult to express how deeply repugnant his effort to politicize this space is to commonly held American ideals. The display of tanks near the Lincoln Memorial is just a bitter and expensive absurdity compared with the co-option of Lincoln’s temple for the personal aggrandizement of a man who celebrates political violence, who proudly calls himself a “counterpuncher,” and who regularly tweets insults calculated for maximum divisiveness. In the long arc of Trump’s public career, there isn’t a shred of evidence that he understands who Lincoln was, what he stood for and how he accomplished it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...9089972ad5a_story.html?utm_term=.84f82412707b
Lincoln fostered his “team of rivals” to not only win the Civil War, but go pass the 13th Amendment.
Trump has nothing but friends, family and sycophantic toadies but whines about how hard it is to Rule!
(Who knew governance would be so HARD?)

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
B8E7B4FA-FE7A-49DB-829C-F591C440831A.jpeg

At a friends house and see this.

That is a lot of people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So? Was it good? bad? ugly?
Well, it could have been worse, but Trump did forget that airports didn't exist in the 1700s and mixed up the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812, so I'm going with "bad".

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well, it could have been worse, but Trump did forget that airports didn't exist in the 1700s and mixed up the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812, so I'm going with "bad".

By his standards, isn't that usually classed as 'Trump looked amazingly presidential'?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So? Was it good? bad? ugly?

Trump reportedly stuck to script.

This article captured the scene on the National Mall....Trump and his supporters at one end of the mall (at the Lincoln Memorial) and the regular July 4th concert at the other end by the US Capital Building.

My wife and I watched the latter on tape delay broadcast.

Upvote 0