• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Hold the Date! Trump announces July 4th Huge Celebration!

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by cow451, Feb 25, 2019.

1. cow451

cow451 Individual-2 Supporter

+10,882
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Ringo84

Ringo84 Separation of Church and State expert

+4,033
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    There's something really wrong with making July 4th a partisan celebration. It should belong to all of us.

I know how this is going to turn out, because it's the exact sort of cynical play I would expect from bad-faith actors like this: July 4th is turned into a partisan celebration from Donny. Liberals naturally refuse to participate because they don't like Donny and disagree with most or all of his "policies". Republicans can then turn around and claim that liberals are "just not that patriotic".

One wearies of everything becoming a hyperpartisan game.
    Ringo

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2019
  3. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Newbie

+8,598
    Other Religion
    I wonder if anybody's told him that DC already has a pretty big July 4 celebration. Maybe he doesn't watch much PBS?

At first I was going to complain about how moving it to the Lincoln Memorial would mean a bunch of people traipsing through the reflecting pool, but then I remembered that the existing layout sucks, too - if you go up to the Capitol lawn to watch the concert, the whole stage setup is kind of ugly and shoddy looking with really inadequate IMAG, and the trees obstruct much of your view of the fireworks. The current experience is much better when viewed on TV, so I'm fine with him shaking things up a bit.

4. Tigger45

Tigger45 St. Mark Supporter

+6,984
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Maybe it will motivate him to actually learn the words to the National Anthem before the celebration or at least have it loaded up on his teleprompter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  5. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN .

+2,272
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Liberal's aren't Trumps people. Liberals lives don't matter .So there's no reason to treat them right.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2019
  6. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,340
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Link from the OP: History - National Independence Day Parade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So Donald wants to usurp the regularly held parade for some concoction of his own brand? Yay. Go Donald.

7. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+7,338
    United States
    Married
    1st we have won the war against Christmas under President Trump and now we are taking back the 4th of July! So much Winning! USA! USA! USA!

8. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+14,239
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Great idea Mr President!!!

I say we go all out on this day. Make it a federal holiday, hold family get togethers and have cookouts all across the country. We can attend parades and fairs during the day and then light up fireworks at night!!!

It'll be a huge, nationwide celebration of America and our independence. We can even call it Independence Day.

I can't believe no one's thought of this yet!

9. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,201
    Judaism
    Married
    Nobody thought of celebrating before me. A new concept nobody ever had before. Believe me.

10. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,115
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    What would President George Washington have to say about this if he were here today?

11. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+5,858
    Atheist
    Private
    "I can watch TV on my phone? Sweet!"

- Pres. Geo Washington, probably.

12. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+15,899
    Agnostic
    Single
    Party at Barry O's place! I'll bring the chips!

13. TLK Valentine

+15,899
    Agnostic
    Single
    AAAAAGHHHHH! Iron bird!

14. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+6,720
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I have friends that live about 45min outside of DC. It is really tempting to go. If the crowds are anything like his campaigns, the energy level is amazing.

15. TLK Valentine

+15,899
    Agnostic
    Single
    Gosh, who woulda thunk to have a big celebration in Washington D.C., on the Fourth of July, of all days? Truly, our president is thinking on a whole new level...

16. cow451

+10,882
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    No, this is Trump’s party and only disloyal liberals would go elsewhere.

17. cow451

+10,882
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Knock yourself out at the worship service.

18. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+910
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I hear they’re going to sacrifice a baby democracy!

19. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+5,858
    Atheist
    Private
    I'm not convinced a few thousand people showing up will be all that amazing, given the size of the venue. I mean, just look at inauguration.

20. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

+10,581
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    We need to have a little more confidence in Donny's learning ability because after all fourth-graders know the words to the National Anthem and God Bless America. But I would suggest that he should learn the words to God Bless America before his upcoming grandstanding 4th of July celebration. And he needs to remember to put his hand of over his heart during the National Anthem too.