Hold the Date! Trump announces July 4th Huge Celebration!

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
The President is preparing to ascend to the review stand. I’m inspired already. MAGA! Personally, I prefer royal blue to compliment the President’s complexion and hair.

This color (below) would work better for Obama, IMO. But this outfit may be the summer uniform and a darker one will be made for winter campaigns.
1*j5r78GvzLoptEsPKBYQ-Ow.png

Portrait courtesy medium.com

It's the shades that make the look. Really gives it that Qadaffi vibe!

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love the idea.

Makes the supporters happy and causes drama to the haters.

It's hard not to love a celebration of America on July 4th...but Trump (with his amazing love for all dictators he meets) has somehow kinda made this feel more like a North Korean or Soviet-era military parade.

Their emotional machinations show The world who they really are

You mean people who DON'T want to turn America into North Korea or a Russian client state?

I'll cop to that.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If both sides would just shut up throwing barbs at each other. It would be better.

I love the idea.
Makes the supporters happy and causes drama to the haters.

:doh:

Anyway, for my own 2c. I wonder what brand of bread is coming with this circus.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,273.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is President Trump trying to hijack the Independence Day celebration on the National Mall by turning it into a taxpayer-funded campaign rally? If he does, the Trump administration will violate federal appropriations law and the Hatch Act. In that case, Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale had better have the campaign’s checkbook handy and be ready to write plenty of zeros. How Trump's 4th of July Hijacking Could Violate the Hatch Act - CREW

*staff edit*

While wild horses couldn't drag me to the TV to watch this narcissistic display, I will look forward to his receiving a multi-million dollar invoice for violating the Hatch Act. Sigh....

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I will look forward to his receiving a multi-million dollar invoice for violating the Hatch Act.

I believe the president and VP are exempt from the Hatch Act, although that may not extend to all of the many public servants who are being tasked with this partisan nonsense.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
To the US friends I have gathered on this site, may I wish you a joyous and peaceful commemoration of your magnificent 240+ year experiment in democracy....:wave::oldthumbsup:

(I can almost smell that barbecue Cow...!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

The world thinks your president and his administration are a contemptible joke, which is why he was openly laughed at by the UN. You should probably stick to caring about what your fellow Republicans think instead.

• Agree
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
The troops have been given their talking orders. For all I know, this is SOP, but in the current context, it's pretty creepy.
<Heh heh> I like the one which says "Do...use simple sentences".

The Military must already know that only Republicans will be there.

• Haha
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
The troops have been given their talking orders. For all I know, this is SOP, but in the current context, it's pretty creepy.

A lot of those suggestions are quite helpful! Don't use acronyms or jargon, remember the microphones are ALWAYS on, etc. Sure it's weird to have to tell people to say they are proud to be military etc. but that's the game, right?

If I want to say anything on a blog under my own name about the company I work for I have to assume that my "opinions" would be visible to my employer and I should comport myself accordingly. Shouldn't slag the company. (Not that I don't do my fair share of complaining about my employer as most human beings do, but not in any sort of official large-scale capacity).

I feel it's disrespectful to the military men and women to have elected a leader who is so manifestly bad for the position, but that's on us as the electorate. Not the men and women who serve.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's hard not to love a celebration of America on July 4th...but Trump (with his amazing love for all dictators he meets) has somehow kinda made this feel more like a North Korean or Soviet-era military parade.
As usual, the claim sounds alarming to people who do not know that most other presidents did the same exact thing and it was taken for granted by the public.

Upvote 0

carlv_52

Jun 18, 2019
Washington
✟17,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
As usual, the claim sounds alarming to people who do not know that most other presidents did the same exact thing and it was taken for granted by the public.

I agree, with the modest exception that Truman wasn't seemingly in love with Stalin. Or that FDR wasn't always lauding Hitler on his perspicacity.

Trump's actions are taken in the context of a man who has never said a hurtful word to Putin in public but has publicly excoriated almost all of our allies. Trump never served in the military yet loves the whole apparatus, unless the generals disagree with him at which point they are dumber than he is. Trump also seems to be like a little boy who just wants to see big medals and big guns and "invisible" airplanes.

If this expense is important enough to Americans, fine. Just don't tell us we can't afford social services or we can't afford to provide food stamps, or we can't afford to provide soap and toothpaste to our prisoners on the Southern Border.

• Winner
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Enlighten us.

Upvote 0