Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
I don't see a lot of hockey threads around here, which is unfortunate. So I figured I would start one. It's the off-season, lots of trades and signings and re-signings have been going on. The biggest one at the moment is Kovalchuk's 17-year, $102-million contract with Jersey, which has been rejected by the NHL for "circumventing the salary cap".

So, thoughts, predictions, ideas about the current state of the game or the upcoming season? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
LET'S GO PENS!!!!!

I was rather happy to find out that Mike Rupp is a Christian. One of the toughest guys in the league is saved. LOL!!!

Let's go Habs!

I was rather disappointed to find out that Carey Price is a Christian. A starting goalie needs to make saves, not be saved! LOL!

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hockey freaks all in a coma?

Go Flames Go! Let's hope for a great season for my man, Kipper.

There is going to be a really interesting race for the Calder Trophy. So many great rookies this year. Never been this excited about NHL.

So, how bout them Ducks? buaaahaha.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Even though the Vancouver Canucks bombed in 2013, very sad to see Alain Vigneault fired, still finding it hard to accept.:(

Well, he kinda had to go considering the poor playoffs of the past two seasons, as well as their drop in the regular season compared to the two President's Trophies. An infusion of new blood behind the bench could be a boost. I don't think it will make them Cup material, though, unless they can parlay Luongo or Schneider into some real depth in the lineup.

Upvote 0

luba

May 29, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
✟9,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, he kinda had to go considering the poor playoffs of the past two seasons, as well as their drop in the regular season compared to the two President's Trophies. An infusion of new blood behind the bench could be a boost. I don't think it will make them Cup material, though, unless they can parlay Luongo or Schneider into some real depth in the lineup.

Yes, I understand though I really liked Alain as a coach. I haven't heard if they've chosen a new coach yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

luba

May 29, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
✟9,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looking forward to see which two teams are vying for the Stanley Cup as my neighbour and I will make a small bet to make it more exciting and fun to watch and harass each other in good nature.:)

Well, it's ON, the gentle rivalry now! Though his Pittsburgh team is out he will take Chicago as I'm for Boston now that Vancouver is out. I've always had a good feeling about Boston through the years so it will be an exciting series. Looking forward to the first game Wednesday night.:)

If you are a fan of hockey, who are you rooting for?

Upvote 0

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
What an exciting game!:) I could only last through the two overtime periods though. Checked first thing this morning, Chicago won.

I watched the whole thing (one benefit of being on the west coast) and it was great. The goal was fluky garbage, but most of the play, in regulation and overtime, was good fun to watch. I think the fact that Chicago made a big comeback and then pulled it off after so much overtime is a huge boost for them. I expect next game to be a bang-up.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
What a game! What a last-minute (literally) comeback by the Hawks. I couldn't help but think that this is a little bit of karma on Boston for their comeback against the Leafs. And I still just love the post-game stuff. Nothing better than watching those guys hoist the Cup, regardless of who the winners are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
✟7,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Training camps open in one week! :D

I really need my landlord to get my cable situation sorted out though so I can actually watch games live. So excited to see my boys raise another division championship banner in person on opening night though, the drought was far too long.

Anyone else ready already for the season to start?

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Training camps open in one week! :D

I really need my landlord to get my cable situation sorted out though so I can actually watch games live. So excited to see my boys raise another division championship banner in person on opening night though, the drought was far too long.

Anyone else ready already for the season to start?

Up here in Canada hockey is a big thing. It's even on the 5 dollar bill.

Upvote 0