Country
Tajikistan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK - SNP
I recommend you have your daughter read two books that are pretty informative in the areas youre concerned about, the first book being: the second coming of the new age' the hidden dangers of alterative spirituality in contemporary America and its Chruches by Steven Bancarz and Josh peck - talks about the origin of these witch craft practices and the influences luciferianism has on these practices, the second book is ' I dont have enough faith to be an atheist by Frank turek, I have yet to read the book myself but hes a great apologist from some of the videos ive seen from his channel. Hopefully this helps and if your daughter is truly seeking the truth she should be open minded to reading these.

Turek is terrific at answering the tough questions and is particularly well schooled at talking to younger people. He's easily available on You Tube, also. Welcome to Christian Forums, Dae (assuming you are reading this)!

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey my name is Dae and I'm here because my daughter who will be turning 19 next week has been talking about why she should believe God's word is reliable and she's been asking why witchcraft is bad, what makes it bad. She has accept Christ as her Savior. She was raised in a Christian home, no believing in Santa Clause, no watching Harry Potter and if when she did dress up for Holloween it couldn't be anything scary or demonic. My husband did our best to give her structure and to always point her to Jesus. I know it's the people on youtube that she's listening to.

She told us when she was in middle school she asked God for peace and she tried to have a relationship with him, but found when she prayed to Venus and another fake God she felt she got power. I need to add that in fall of 2019 she was diagnosed with bipolar d.

Over the weekend she brought up something about a ring of Solomon and something about him summoning demons. I never heard of this and in my reach I found it's a myth among Jewish people.

So basically I'm trying to get help so I can help my baby. The battle is not mind, but the Lords and she will have a relationship with God in Jesus name.

Peace and Love
Pray for her. She also needs Christian friends who will do the same. One of my friends who came out of an unhealthy interest in the occult had them. Another friend of mine who did actually got into it because her boyfriend was a bad influence on her. When he cheated and that relationship went down the tubes, she became a seeker, and was reached out to successfully by Christians. In both cases, it was surprising to hear about this in their pasts, because they had changed so much. She needs prayer for this to happen to for her.
I recommend you have your daughter read two books that are pretty informative in the areas youre concerned about, the first book being: the second coming of the new age' the hidden dangers of alterative spirituality in contemporary America and its Chruches by Steven Bancarz and Josh peck - talks about the origin of these witch craft practices and the influences luciferianism has on these practices, the second book is ' I dont have enough faith to be an atheist by Frank turek, I have yet to read the book myself but hes a great apologist from some of the videos ive seen from his channel. Hopefully this helps and if your daughter is truly seeking the truth she should be open minded to reading these.
"I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist" is good, but it's not a good idea to use its arguments as a bludgeoning weapon. The Christians it will help the most are those who have the ability to argue against the claims it makes. The more some of them are mentally chewed on, the more they make sense, and they are not easy to accept on the first reading. Someone who has gone through that process is much more well-equipped to defend the faith than someone who just reads it and accepts it because they agree with the conclusion.

Upvote 0

kufe

Sep 16, 2018
Mississauga
✟12,337.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pray for her. She also needs Christian friends who will do the same. One of my friends who came out of an unhealthy interest in the occult had them. Another friend of mine who did actually got into it because her boyfriend was a bad influence on her. When he cheated and that relationship went down the tubes, she became a seeker, and was reached out to successfully by Christians. In both cases, it was surprising to hear about this in their pasts, because they had changed so much. She needs prayer for this to happen to for her.

"I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist" is good, but it's not a good idea to use its arguments as a bludgeoning weapon. The Christians it will help the most are those who have the ability to argue against the claims it makes. The more some of them are mentally chewed on, the more they make sense, and they are not easy to accept on the first reading. Someone who has gone through that process is much more well-equipped to defend the faith than someone who just reads it and accepts it because they agree with the conclusion.

Yeah I can understand that perspective but the whole idea of the book is to reach out to those who aren't as knowledgeable in those aspects, to in a way introduce the individual to the perspectives and information presented in this book, now if you were to argue whether this would be good for a Christian who isn't so competent in science to defend the belief based on what they have read on this book then yes I would agree, maybe they would need to expand on their knowledge first a bit more, not just with this one book but with more research before they can really take a stance on the claims made in the book but to introduce a skeptical Christian to the ideologies presented in the book is a whole other thing, which I believe this book would be great for because it addresses a lot of questions people have about the legitimacy of Christianity.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0