Rancho Cucamonga
✟7,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey my name is Dae and I'm here because my daughter who will be turning 19 next week has been talking about why she should believe God's word is reliable and she's been asking why witchcraft is bad, what makes it bad. She has accept Christ as her Savior. She was raised in a Christian home, no believing in Santa Clause, no watching Harry Potter and if when she did dress up for Holloween it couldn't be anything scary or demonic. My husband did our best to give her structure and to always point her to Jesus. I know it's the people on youtube that she's listening to.

She told us when she was in middle school she asked God for peace and she tried to have a relationship with him, but found when she prayed to Venus and another fake God she felt she got power. I need to add that in fall of 2019 she was diagnosed with bipolar d.

Over the weekend she brought up something about a ring of Solomon and something about him summoning demons. I never heard of this and in my reach I found it's a myth among Jewish people.

So basically I'm trying to get help so I can help my baby. The battle is not mind, but the Lords and she will have a relationship with God in Jesus name.

Peace and Love

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Dae,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. You did your part: Prov. 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

hello-2.gif

3e55624a3fd665106a9b3e15ea02bffa.gif

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
She told us when she was in middle school she asked God for peace and she tried to have a relationship with him, but found when she prayed to Venus and another fake God she felt she got power.
While there may be power in the satanic, there is not love. An eternity with Satan would be a loveless eternity.

Only in God will she find the source and summit of love. Away from God she may find some power for a while but that power will also be used against her when it is opportune. So she can't win in the long run with the fake gods, but she will lose once she has allowed herself to be trapped.

One can always escape from the spell of these fake gods and the real demonic powers behind them. That was part of the Good News that allowed the Christian faith to spread through the pagan world. One could love and be loved, not use and be used. That was revolutionary. That was appealing. That was worth dying for.

Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

God is Truth. "Seek and ye(you) shall find."
Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey my name is Dae and I'm here because my daughter who will be turning 19 next week has been talking about why she should believe God's word is reliable and she's been asking why witchcraft is bad, what makes it bad. She has accept Christ as her Savior. She was raised in a Christian home, no believing in Santa Clause, no watching Harry Potter and if when she did dress up for Holloween it couldn't be anything scary or demonic. My husband did our best to give her structure and to always point her to Jesus. I know it's the people on youtube that she's listening to.

She told us when she was in middle school she asked God for peace and she tried to have a relationship with him, but found when she prayed to Venus and another fake God she felt she got power. I need to add that in fall of 2019 she was diagnosed with bipolar d.

Over the weekend she brought up something about a ring of Solomon and something about him summoning demons. I never heard of this and in my reach I found it's a myth among Jewish people.

So basically I'm trying to get help so I can help my baby. The battle is not mind, but the Lords and she will have a relationship with God in Jesus name.

Peace and Love

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

"We tend to become like the people, places, and things we hang around."

A lot of kids are rebellious around that age. I sure know I was.
Sometimes as parents, if you've tried the tactic of bossing a child around, or telling them what they can or can't do, the best thing is to always be supportive, but not overly so.

Tell her that you love her, and that you'll always be there for her. You hope that she does the right thing, but ultimately in the end that is her choice. I just want to make sure that you don't push her away in any way.

Post in the prayer request thread on here, if you haven't already, for people to pray for your daughter.

1 route is to. look up churches in your area. Then politely just suggest or hint, hey daughter, there is a young ladies group meeting up at church tonight.

hmm. Even if it's not that, as another option, getting her mind off of, and getting her away from possibly friends or people that maybe filling her head with this nonsense of witchcraft, there are hobby sites out there. passive might be the best option here, but that is up to you. Sometimes in life, before someone can get closer to God, they must first get their minds off of the current evil, that the Devil is tempting them with.

There is a good nice hobby site. I believe it is called meetup.com.

It has a lot of good things. things like if you have a dog, there is a dog walking group. or a theatre group, trivia, vegan, board games, hiking. I dunno. I'm just trying to help.

One of the biggest hurdles in life, is that there are temptations, and evil all over.
I will pray for her, and for you, for things to work out.

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Understand your concern. Might want to get "-The Case for Christianity" by Lee Strobel. Making a prayer request is a good idea.

We like to think about God giving Solomon wisdom but there are Scriptures that some interpret to mean he made baby sacrifices . He did marry foreign women after God telling him not to plus he built places so his wives' gods could be worshipped. I Kings 11

As far as ungodly power, seems the enemy requires more and more for that power. -= no peace.

The Scripture about raising them up and them returning - many are believing His promise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CassieShannon

May 3, 2018
southeast
✟9,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Dae , I'm a mom to two adult daughters and like you we raised our girls to not believe in santa and did not allow them to watch Harry Potter until they were 15 and 17. We never allowed them to read the books and I would encourage parents to never allow their children to read the books or watch the movies is they felt their kids were drawn to witchcraft. However, as our society veers further and further from Christianity I think we as parents have the new responsibility to dispel any and all fascinations or questions about witchcraft. Focus On The Family has several articles on their website, focusonthefamily.com that addresses witchcraft and how to approach the conversation. Focus also has a phone number you can call to find a counselor near you for assistance,1-855-382-5433. For my husband and I allowing our daughters to watch Harry Potter with us dispelled the illusions surrounding the phenomenon that it was, but with your daughter's diagnosis I would seek out someone with the expertise to help your family look into her fascination. It is normal to have questions, even be curious about other religions. But I believe as a parent we have the unique opportunity to guide a curiosity into truth and help our children overcome temptation. God will provide but do reach out to Focus for guidance, they want the best for your daughter and for you.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

CassieShannon

May 3, 2018
southeast
✟9,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Dae , I'm a mom to two adult daughters and like you we raised our girls to not believe in santa and did not allow them to watch Harry Potter until they were 15 and 17. We never allowed them to read the books and I would encourage parents to never allow their children to read the books or watch the movies is they felt their kids were drawn to witchcraft. However, as our society veers further and further from Christianity I think we as parents have the new responsibility to dispel any and all fascinations or questions about witchcraft. Focus On The Family has several articles on their website, focusonthefamily.com that addresses witchcraft and how to approach the conversation. Focus also has a phone number you can call to find a counselor near you for assistance,1-855-382-5433. For my husband and I allowing our daughters to watch Harry Potter with us dispelled the illusions surrounding the phenomenon that it was, but with your daughter's diagnosis I would seek out someone with the expertise to help your family look into her fascination. It is normal to have questions, even be curious about other religions. But I believe as a parent we have the unique opportunity to guide a curiosity into truth and help our children overcome temptation. God will provide but do reach out to Focus for guidance, they want the best for your daughter and for you.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

CassieShannon

May 3, 2018
southeast
✟9,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CassieShannon

May 3, 2018
southeast
✟9,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Dae , I'm a mom to two adult daughters and like you we raised our girls to not believe in santa and did not allow them to watch Harry Potter until they were 15 and 17. We never allowed them to read the books and I would encourage parents to never allow their children to read the books or watch the movies is they felt their kids were drawn to witchcraft. However, as our society veers further and further from Christianity I think we as parents have the new responsibility to dispel any and all fascinations or questions about witchcraft. Focus On The Family has several articles on their website, focusonthefamily.com that addresses witchcraft and how to approach the conversation. Focus also has a phone number you can call to find a counselor near you for assistance,1-855-382-5433. For my husband and I allowing our daughters to watch Harry Potter with us dispelled the illusions surrounding the phenomenon that it was, but with your daughter's diagnosis I would seek out someone with the expertise to help your family look into her fascination. It is normal to have questions, even be curious about other religions. But I believe as a parent we have the unique opportunity to guide a curiosity into truth and help our children overcome temptation. God will provide but do reach out to Focus for guidance, they want the best for your daughter and for you

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Esther2286

Dec 10, 2018
Rochester
✟19,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you need an additional resource, Focus on the Family has a toll free number that you could call to speak with a counselor (855) 382-5433 that may give you additional insight.

Lord, I pray that you are with this Momma and that you are equipping her with the wisdom, knowledge, and understanding that she needs. We pray for her daughter that she would come to know you in such a tangible way, that she would know the truth and walk in it. In Jesus Name. Amen.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Peace and Love

If I was you I would just keep praying for her. We can't make choices for our children, we need to keep them in God's hands.

However as for her paying to Venus. Demons focus their power on our emotions, they can make us feel, love, lust, power, good feelings, and bad. They want your daughter in hell, and would be prepared to give her good things so she will abandon Christ. Often demons oppose believers, giving them negative emotions, and feelings leading to sin. Just because when she follows Christ things are tough does not mean God is not real, it just shows the devil is opposing her faith.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Peace and Love
Welcome!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mm17162646

Aug 28, 2018
United states
✟17,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God's word is divine!!

That is the only fact she needs to know, looking into things outside of God's word are words of the flesh and of the enemy. They are not divine and are misleading.

Witchcraft is performed in the notion that you can control events of life for yourself or others. We do not have this control, many times these crafts could be done in the name of false gods.

Any power she believes she has from praying to other gods are tricks of the devil.

We as humans have no power. All the power and good comes from the holy spirit working through us.

Blessings and prayers.

Upvote 0

kufe

Sep 16, 2018
Mississauga
✟12,337.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Peace and Love
I recommend you have your daughter read two books that are pretty informative in the areas youre concerned about, the first book being: the second coming of the new age' the hidden dangers of alterative spirituality in contemporary America and its Chruches by Steven Bancarz and Josh peck - talks about the origin of these witch craft practices and the influences luciferianism has on these practices, the second book is ' I dont have enough faith to be an atheist by Frank turek, I have yet to read the book myself but hes a great apologist from some of the videos ive seen from his channel. Hopefully this helps and if your daughter is truly seeking the truth she should be open minded to reading these.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's word is divine!!

That is the only fact she needs to know, looking into things outside of God's word are words of the flesh and of the enemy. They are not divine and are misleading.

Witchcraft is performed in the notion that you can control events of life for yourself or others. We do not have this control, many times these crafts could be done in the name of false gods.

Any power she believes she has from praying to other gods are tricks of the devil.

We as humans have no power. All the power and good comes from the holy spirit working through us.

Blessings and prayers.
Psalm 119.105; John 17.17. :)

Upvote 0