Skane
✟4,171.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a 33 year old man from Sweden who became christian a few years back but my christian journey has been longer than that.

Was consider myself an agnostic with christian values for a long time but then along the way I had experiences while praying stacking up that I couldn't rationalize away, which made me believe eventually.

Looking forward to see what comes out of my time on CF! :wave:

Michu

Jan 21, 2024
Skane
✟4,171.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, and welcome to the forums. I'm relativity new here - don't do much posting but the lots of reading and learning what others have to offer on their walks with our Father.
Hi Cindi and thank you! :) Sure is and I'm usally not big into posting either but this might be a little different as I want some input from christians as I study the bible. I like in person conversation better.

Reactions: cindi4work
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome to you both, I hope that your time here is what you are looking for. Please feel encouraged to reach out if there is anything that I can assist with.

tampasteve
Administrator
Angels & Ambassadors Manager

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I want some input from christians as I study the bible.
Welcome to CF! We have an Exposition and Bible Study forum that may be what you’re looking for. If that’s not quite it, the entire Christian Scriptures area may be helpful, as well as our section for Daily Devotionals.

You're very welcome. It's easier to read the intent behind what someone is saying if you're talking to them in person.
While this forum is by no means a replacement for the local church and a good in-person Bible study (COVID really brought that home to me: in-person interactions are essential), I’ve found that online interactions also have some advantages. For one thing, they make communication for people with mild to moderate cases of autism much easier, since online communication allows for verbosity without interruption in the middle. I cannot count the times that neurotypicals have interrupted me in the middle of an explanation they asked me to produce, making me feel enraged and frustrated. Online, they have to wait for me to finish my post. :p

Aside from this, sometimes it’s also easier to find help for various kinds of mental health conditions on here, since there are more people available. If you live in a small town or church and you’re the only one traumatized, it’s going to be far easier to get help here to point you in the right direction than trying to figure yourself out alone.

Then there’s the fact that people are more honest online because they are anonymous and the consequences are less. If a drug addict wants prayer to help them kick their habit, if they ask for prayer IRL people will swoop on them like an episode of Intervention. If they ask for prayer here, we will just pray for them (and otherwise leave them alone).

Finally, many of the topics and posts here can just serve as reference sources because they remain online after they are done. I was looking through a very detailed breakdown of the Israel-Hamas war this morning, with links to various historical event references. This forum is, at points, a treasure trove of very accurate and detailed information, and so I hope you find some of it to be valuable.

These are just some of benefits that online communication provides, if you are looking for them.

Reactions: Michu
Upvote 0

cindi4work

Jan 12, 2024
Shawboro
✟1,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I live in the middle of nowhere and mainly rely on public transportation to get into the closest town. I have a church that some family members attend that has all their Sunday services online, so I am able to worship with them. I love the fact that I can find almost unlimited resources for Bible studies online, and I am taking advantage of them.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a 33 year old man from Sweden who became christian a few years back but my christian journey has been longer than that.

Was consider myself an agnostic with christian values for a long time but then along the way I had experiences while praying stacking up that I couldn't rationalize away, which made me believe eventually.

Welcome!

Reactions: Michu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

Goldnagel

Feb 9, 2024
Wien
✟859.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Hello back, thank you for your greetings :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums