Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Glaucus is fasting from his phone and the forums until after Lent. I wanted to drop back in here and give you all an update on his homeless friend. He came back and is safe. He is living in the hotel at this point and I believe will be working where Glaucus works very soon. Glaucus should be back after Lent and can expound more!
Thanks!!!!

By the way, would you mind letting Glaucus know he's in my prayers, and I sent him a pm - but the pm is nothing that can't wait until after Lent. :)

And so glad to know the man is back and I hope it turns out well for him. Will pray for him as well.

Reactions: SaNcTaMaRiA
Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Glaucus is fasting from his phone and the forums until after Lent. I wanted to drop back in here and give you all an update on his homeless friend. He came back and is safe. He is living in the hotel at this point and I believe will be working where Glaucus works very soon. Glaucus should be back after Lent and can expound more!
Thank you for letting the brothers and sisters know. I am back a bit early. I have news on the man, but I am not willingly to go into detail at this time. I am upset.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry that something has happened to upset you.

Be reminded that your part was your help to him. What became of your efforts would have been largely out of your hands.

You never know what effect your kindness could have on his soul.

God be with you.
Thank you for letting the brothers and sisters know. I am back a bit early. I have news on the man, but I am not willingly to go into detail at this time. I am upset.

Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry that something has happened to upset you.

Be reminded that your part was your help to him. What became of your efforts would have been largely out of your hands.

You never know what effect your kindness could have on his soul.

God be with you.
I learned that he trashed the room and left without a word. I don't expect he'll be back.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I learned that he trashed the room and left without a word. I don't expect he'll be back.
Maybe he won't be back.

Maybe it was some kind of conviction that led him to do that. Or maybe God will use your kindness and his error in response to convict him and soften his heart toward God. You may never know. But I hope you won't despair. If you can bring yourself to keep him in prayer, I think that would be ideal. The path to God can be a very rocky one for some folks.

My prayers for you both, little ones though they are.

Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe he won't be back.

Maybe it was some kind of conviction that led him to do that. Or maybe God will use your kindness and his error in response to convict him and soften his heart toward God. You may never know. But I hope you won't despair. If you can bring yourself to keep him in prayer, I think that would be ideal. The path to God can be a very rocky one for some folks.

My prayers for you both, little ones though they are.
It's not about me or any supposed kindness. God gave me means and a mission, and I strive to do his will. I am mad. I am mad in a Pauline sense. Fool! You have rejected God! God gave him a way, and he threw it away.

Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

I am a man...who loves our Lady!
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well that is def frustrating. There is no three ways around that. You can lead a horse to water....you can't make it drink. You have done the good work. You have preached the gospel. Time to shake off the mud my friend.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's not about me or any supposed kindness. God gave me means and a mission, and I strive to do his will. I am mad. I am mad in a Pauline sense. Fool! You have rejected God! God gave him a way, and he threw it away.
Then perhaps your anger is justfied and righteous. It's not my place to say either way. Forgive me, I was trying to be encouraging but I can be clumsy and speak without full knowledge.

I still say it is good that you did your part.

Upvote 0

PittBullMom

Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2017
USA
✟86,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
[QUOTE="I am mad in a Pauline sense. Fool! You have rejected God! God gave him a way, and he threw it away.[/QUOTE]
God gives people all kinds of things all the time and it gets thrown away. It is the story of our lives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums