Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What's with all my shows taking a winter "break" :cry:

I started watching Heroes to replace Lost, but now Heroes is ending.... what am I going to watch to replace the show that was replacing a show??? :(

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What's with all my shows taking a winter "break" :cry:

I started watching Heroes to replace Lost, but now Heroes is ending.... what am I going to watch to replace the show that was replacing a show??? :(

I recommend Medium and Scrubs. :thumbsup:

Also what's with Hiro's powers falling ?

I was thinking that he was trying to teleport back to Charlie -- and couldn't because she was dead.

I can't figure out what happened. He teleported back to Japan and was with the exercisers, but then he said he took the bus back to the diner. Did he wait however many months and fly back to America from Japan? Was he able to teleport back to America (but not back to Charlie)? There's a whole space/time continuum thing here that I can't decipher! :D

Upvote 0

FatBurger

14% + Jesus = victory
Site Supporter
May 12, 2004
Portland, OR
✟38,868.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also what's with Hiro's powers falling ?

He hasn't learned how to use them yet, just like Sylar moving the glass in Chundra's apartment, and then it suddenly flies off and breaks. Or Nathan unexpectedly flying up from the car. Or Isaac only being able to use his powers with heroin. Or Matt getting a headache from hearing everybody. Or Ted giving his wife cancer.

Most of the characters so far have shown struggles learning to use their powers. As for the rest, it seems logical that they just haven't shown that part of their backstory (the learning), and maybe never will, since it probably isn't necessary for every character.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here's a question: So Sylar is killing off heroes so he can acquire their powers. Then why did he kill the wrong cheerleader? Doesn't he somehow know, just by looking at them, that something is "wrong" that needs "fixing"? Wouldn't he have known that wasn't the cheerleader with the powers he wanted? Wouldn't he have done a bit more fact checking? I mean, you go to a Homecoming game, there are going to be a lot of cheerleaders...

Is it possible Jackie had powers and we just didn't know about it?

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's a question: So Sylar is killing off heroes so he can acquire their powers. Then why did he kill the wrong cheerleader? Doesn't he somehow know, just by looking at them, that something is "wrong" that needs "fixing"? Wouldn't he have known that wasn't the cheerleader with the powers he wanted? Wouldn't he have done a bit more fact checking? I mean, you go to a Homecoming game, there are going to be a lot of cheerleaders...

Well there was something wrong with that cheerleader :D

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm not quite sure how Sylar's power works but it doesn't seem to be that simple. It was only after the telepath had used his powers and Sylar looked into his eyes that Sylar seemed able to tell that something was different. He seems to need to deliberately study the person or item in order to know. In the case of Chandra's watch, he studied it thinking that was the reason Chandra had come to his store.

In the case of Jackie, he had seen the newspaper article and so he just assumed that she was the cheerleader with powers. OTOH, once he started killing Jackie and was looking in her eyes he appeared to learn she didn't have powers; it seemed he would have had the time to pull off the top of her head and remove the brain -- the entire process with Charlie the night before seemed to take no more than a few seconds.

We also know that Sylar has been close to other heroes but hasn't seemed to notice unless they use their powers in his presence. One major example of this was that he and Hiro were both in the cafe; Hiro even had a lot of interaction with Sylar's target. From what I can tell, at least after the name or two he got from Chandra, Sylar likely has been searching for stories about people who perform some superhuman action in order to find his victims.

Last, while we don't know how many people with powers exist in the world, the lists we've seen would suggest that there is probably around one person with powers for every 100,000,000 people on Earth. These odds become even tougher when you consider that out of those 100,000,000 there are likely 100,000 that are "broken" in some way, either a brain defect or mental illness. Sylar would likely need to study the person in detail before understanding they are "broken" in negative ways that will not help him.

Upvote 0

Nanee5

Master of all I survey
Feb 2, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟19,112.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

I'm trying to remember what the FBI said but I believe it was 5 or 6 homicides they had attributed to Sylar. It is doubtful that number includes the telepath he killed since the M.O. was different. We also have no idea of how many he might have killed prior to his learning to remove the brains telepathically or how many he may have been murders he has successfully hidden.

Edit: As for Chandra, from what we know he did not have powers. Does anyone know who killed Chandra? I remember in one of the first episodes they made it appear that HRG did it (when he intimidated Mohindar) but I don't believe that has ever been shown and, with more recent revelations of HRG, was very possibly done solely as a red herring to make us think of HRG as evil.
It showed in the episode "7 minutes til Midnight" that Sylar killed Suresh by bashing his head against the glass in his cab. We knew it was Sylar by the watch he was wearing, then when it went to the diner where Sylar was watching Charlie, he was wearing the same watch.

I wonder why Mr. Bennet isn't affected by Eden's influential powers?
Because MBG puts like a psychic shell around HRG, so he is not influenced, just like he did when they snatched Matt, and he couldn't read HRG's mind. Remember he told Matt, "Trying to read my thoughts? Not with my friend here." motioning to MBG. (I like the name MBG better than the Haitian...LOL)

So, did Charlie die from the aneurism instead of by Sylar?

And is he eating their brains to get their powers??
I think she died because of the aneurism instead of by Sylar. I think that is why we were given that information, so we would know that she was gonna die anyway, but at least Sylar did not murder her. I think she was a well loved waitress, and if you remember, the cops were always in the diner anyway. That's why they were there when she got killed, cause they were there eating. And I agree with SimplyMe on Sylar's ability. I think he has the ability to sense the something "different" in the other heroes, which is why he can track them down, and he can reprogram his brain to mimic the circuitry of their brains uniqueness. He is wanting to be as "special" as he can be, so he wants all the power for himself. I think Suresh seen this when he was testing him, and that is why he told him he must have been wrong. Did you notice how fast he wanted to get him out of there?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It showed in the episode "7 minutes til Midnight" that Sylar killed Suresh by bashing his head against the glass in his cab. We knew it was Sylar by the watch he was wearing, then when it went to the diner where Sylar was watching Charlie, he was wearing the same watch.

Thanks. I kept thinking that something had been shown but couldn't remember what or when.

Upvote 0

Babymine

Optimistic Pessimist
Dec 8, 2004
✟11,999.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Good questions here.

On a totally different note though, I believe that Sylar killed Charlie. I dont think when an Aneurysm bursts the blood appears outside of the body, and I remember Hiro saying that when he went to the future the first time that is the same way he saw Isaac dead, and if you remember when he saw Issac that time his skull was carved off, brain gone.
Perhaps Charlie's Aneurysm burst as he was taking a piece of her skull off, but I do believe Sylar was involved with that somehow.

Upvote 0

Quantum_Man

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2005
Long Island, NY
Visit site
✟18,677.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I just got into this show, bought the season pass on iTunes, I like it a lot! :D So there is one more episode next week and then a break? Or was this one it? I also like how they kept the stereotypical, but true, "Japanese-ness" in there from the way Hiro talks and gestures, like a live-action anime. lol

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
I still want to learn about Mr. Bennett.

He seems to have his finger on the pulse of all this evolutionary activity either before or at the same time as Chandra. How did he meet the "Haitian" and manage to get him to work for him?

Upvote 0

Nanee5

Master of all I survey
Feb 2, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟19,112.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I still want to learn about Mr. Bennett.

He seems to have his finger on the pulse of all this evolutionary activity either before or at the same time as Chandra. How did he meet the "Haitian" and manage to get him to work for him?
Well, he said that he and his organization have been tracking down and studying the "heroes" for 14 years, so they must have found out about them around the same time frame.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FatBurger

14% + Jesus = victory
Site Supporter
May 12, 2004
Portland, OR
✟38,868.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, he said that he and his organization have been tracking down and studying the "heroes" for 14 years, so they must have found out about them around the same time frame.

Wow, when did he say that? I completely missed it.

EDIT:
Oh of course! They found Claire 14 years ago.

Upvote 0

FatBurger

14% + Jesus = victory
Site Supporter
May 12, 2004
Portland, OR
✟38,868.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
HA I am so glad that I not only found this Christian Forum, but also that one of my favorite shows is being discussed!!!:clap:

I dont know if I can handle the long layoff after next week:mad:

Head on over to the Lost forum, that hiatus started a couple weeks ago :p

Upvote 0

Bachi234

Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟16,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
* Spoilers *

Oh my gosh, I just finished this week's episode and I'm really sad. :cry: How could Hiro not save Charlie???? The worst part was that she said I love you and then he had to get pulled in time :cry: Wow, next week's the finale?? It's going to be so good. :thumbsup: Anyway, I just needed to write that somewhere, so thanks for reading my ranting. :wave:

Upvote 0