Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
I think they're pausing the show at an interesting point (timeline wise).

Let's think about it. Sylar is going around killing Heroes like crazy, right? And after the much anticipated cheerleader incident, he's now been put to sleep and is about to have his memories wiped.

Now, as sketchy as Eden may seem, do you all think that maybe she and the Haitian (How the heck to they figure him to be Haitian anyway?) could be trying to clear away his angry or resentful thoughts so that he can stop killing people?

Upvote 0

Nanee5

Master of all I survey
Feb 2, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟19,112.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Gravestone? I saw a glimpse of one but cannot for the life of me remember who's gravestone it is. As for Eden's powers, it looks like she is able to stablize the other heroes' powers, ie. Sylar. She seems a bit sketchy if you ask me - am still trying to decide whether or not she's one of the good ones.

And can I say that I absolutely *HEART* Mohinder!?!?!?! He is one fine specimen of a man!! :yum:
My daughter (Ikantdance05) totally agrees with you.. she says he is her future husband...LOL. The preview showed a gravestone that said "Jessica Sanders". ?????

Upvote 0

Nanee5

Master of all I survey
Feb 2, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟19,112.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I think they're pausing the show at an interesting point (timeline wise).

Let's think about it. Sylar is going around killing Heroes like crazy, right? And after the much anticipated cheerleader incident, he's now been put to sleep and is about to have his memories wiped.

Now, as sketchy as Eden may seem, do you all think that maybe she and the Haitian (How the heck to they figure him to be Haitian anyway?) could be trying to clear away his angry or resentful thoughts so that he can stop killing people?
Yeah, I think they are going back in time at just the right point. Man, I wish I knew how to do spoiler tags, cuz I saw an awesome interview with Greg Grunberg (Matt) and I know what's gonna happen with him and Peter when the FBI gets into that investigation.....

Well, they couldn't catch Sylar before cuz they didn't know where he was. Now that they have him, I wonder how they are gonna contain him? You might be right, maybe they can fix things,, but I still think he has more than one power.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While I like this band of protagonists, if Sylar and Jessica are representative of the antagonists of this series, I will be discontinuing my viewership of it.

The bodies left in Sylar's wake give some of our heroes motivation to save the day, but, in the last two episodes, we have participated in his psychopathy [in the first person and over-the-shoulder] as he gratuitously coronectomized two vivacious innocents. We can't unsee that. :sick:

Yes, it looks like HRG is a sort of "Men in Black" for mutants and may, through his assistant, end up reprogramming Sylar and Jessica, redeeming them in the end, but none of us will be able to erase what WE were made to revel in.

It's as if they are trying to make [Friday, the 13th's] Jason palatable to the mainstream by marrying it to the comic hero format. The fact that future Hiro finds it necessary to carry a sword [remember The Highlander series?] doesn't make it any more promising.

I continue to find the serial-killer/slasher genre to be disturbing and depicable, :mad: because it revels in death; there is nothing redemptive in that at all.

Hopefully, this element will be removed as the series progresses.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While I like this band of protagonists, if Sylar and Jessica are representative of the antagonists of this series, I will be discontinuing my viewership of it.

The bodies left in Sylar's wake give some of our heroes motivation to save the day, but, in the last two episodes, we have participated in his psychopathy [in the first person and over-the-shoulder] as he gratuitously craniectomized of two vivacious innocents. We can't unsee that. :sick:

Yes, it looks like HRG is a sort of "Men in Black" for mutants and may, through his assistant, end up reprogramming Sylar and Jessica, redeeming them in the end, but none of us will be able to erase what WE "participated" in.

It's as if they are trying to make [Friday, the 13th's] Jason palatable to the mainstream by marrying it to the comic hero format. The fact that future Hiro finds it necessary to carry a sword [remember The Highlander series?] doesn't make it any more promising.

I continue to find the serial-killer/slasher genre to be disturbing and depicable, :mad: because it seeks to make death entertaining; there is nothing redemptive in that at all.

Given it's rating, the fact it's on a major station, I wouldn't hope for it, in fact If that imagery causes that much distress, I'd avoid any of the big 3 stations during "prime time"

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Given it's rating, the fact it's on a major station, I wouldn't hope for it, in fact If that imagery causes that much distress, I'd avoid any of the big 3 stations during "prime time"

In my experience, the serial-killer genre is relatively rare on network TV. Shows like Law & Order, Brother Cadfael and NCIS still seem to treat life and death with respect.

I'm not so sure about CSI, Cold Case and some of Crossing Jordan. They seem to revel in the kill, though they usually aren't of the serial-killer genre, either.

Upvote 0

Nanee5

Master of all I survey
Feb 2, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟19,112.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

The bodies left in Sylar's wake give some of our heroes motivation to save the day, but, in the last two episodes, we have participated in his psychopathy [in the first person and over-the-shoulder] as he gratuitously craniectomized of two vivacious innocents. We can't unsee that. :sick:

Yes, it looks like HRG is a sort of "Men in Black" for mutants and may, through his assistant, end up reprogramming Sylar and Jessica, redeeming them in the end, but none of us will be able to erase what WE were made to revel in.

I continue to find the serial-killer/slasher genre to be disturbing and depicable, :mad: because it revels in death; there is nothing redemptive in that at all.

To have good in a story, you also have to have evil to contend with. As far as the gore, I agree that they may have gone overboard to some degree, but I think it was intrical to the plot how he is killing these people. He obviously is sick, and I'm sure we will find out his whole story as it goes on. As far as Niki is concerned, I think we will find in the next episode why she turns into Jessica. She obviously suffers from split personality disorder, and doesn't know what or when she is doing what she does. I think she is a good person who has had some very bad stuff happen to her.

Upvote 0

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok, so DH and I JUST watched the last episode on our DVR this afternoon- so this evening we will be able to watch live :clap:

Now I have to go through and read this whole thread to catch up :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wonder why Mr. Bennet isn't affected by Eden's influential powers?
I think it's only because the Haitian was there.

That was a great episode! I'm so sad that next week is the last one until January, but it will give me a chance to catch up on all the other shows on my TiVo I guess.

So, did Charlie die from the aneurism instead of by Sylar?

And is he eating their brains to get their powers??

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals

That was a great episode! I'm so sad that next week is the last one until January, but it will give me a chance to catch up on all the other shows on my TiVo I guess.

I know that the show has already confirmed the mindwiper as being Haitian, but on a more realistic note... how did everyone on the show figure out that he was HAITIAN!?!?!?!? LOL

He hasn't even spoken a word yet. People don't look Haitian.

So... are we going to be seeing more episodes from the past continuously until it leads us back to the present?

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know that the show has already confirmed the mindwiper as being Haitian, but on a more realistic note... how did everyone on the show figure out that he was HAITIAN!?!?!?!? LOL

He hasn't even spoken a word yet. People don't look Haitian.

So... are we going to be seeing more episodes from the past continuously until it leads us back to the present?
Hehe, that's a good point about the Haitian. Matt and the nuclear guy referred to him that way so I guess I assumed he had spoken -- but you're right, we've never heard him say a word.

For what it's worth, I read in TV Guide that the actor who plays him is Haitian. :)

Okay, the other thing I read, and I don't think this is a spoiler, is that next week's winter finale will end with a cliffhanger that will blow our minds... and then when the show returns in January it goes "in a new direction". So that could mean more flashbacks, but I don't know. I hope so, though. I loved last night's episode. It felt like it gave us so many answers.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The show seemed to indicate that Sylar could simply look at something and "see" that it was broken, the example being Chandra's watch and by just glancing at it know that the auto wind coil was loose making the watch run two seconds too slow. When Sylar meets the teleporter, he made a comment about how he could see what was broken. It seemed to indicate, from those comments, that he simply needs to look at the brains to see what is different (why he opens the head and removes the brain) and then he is somehow able to make the same change within his own head which gives him similar powers.

As for Charlie, it is unclear, but appears that Sylar still killed her. Hiro lamented that he was unable to save her. I have the question, because of Charlie's aneurysm, if Sylar was able to copy her power without giving himself an aneurysm. A second question, since Sylar can apparently "fix" the brain, is could he save Charlie if Mr. Bennett, the Haitian, and Eden can reform him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FatBurger

14% + Jesus = victory
Site Supporter
May 12, 2004
Portland, OR
✟38,868.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As for Charlie, it is unclear, but appears that Sylar still killed her.

I would agree, since it wouldn't make sense for there to be a memorial for her at work unless she died at work (i.e. Sylar killed her).

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would agree, since it wouldn't make sense for there to be a memorial for her at work unless she died at work (i.e. Sylar killed her).
Her aneurism may have burst at work. Or she may have been a well-loved waitress by the regulars so they wanted to memorialize her there. Except I do think it was Sylar because after Hiro teleported back and his picture showed up on the wall, there were still cops milling around the diner.

Upvote 0

Babymine

Optimistic Pessimist
Dec 8, 2004
✟11,999.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I enjoyed the episode also. I wonder how many people Sylar has killed to take their powers? Did Chandra also have powers? He was also killed, I can't help but think something will come to light about that 5 year old daughter that died-
Looks like next week will be good.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I enjoyed the episode also. I wonder how many people Sylar has killed to take their powers? Did Chandra also have powers? He was also killed, I can't help but think something will come to light about that 5 year old daughter that died-
Looks like next week will be good.

I'm trying to remember what the FBI said but I believe it was 5 or 6 homicides they had attributed to Sylar. It is doubtful that number includes the telepath he killed since the M.O. was different. We also have no idea of how many he might have killed prior to his learning to remove the brains telepathically or how many he may have been murders he has successfully hidden.

Edit: As for Chandra, from what we know he did not have powers. Does anyone know who killed Chandra? I remember in one of the first episodes they made it appear that HRG did it (when he intimidated Mohindar) but I don't believe that has ever been shown and, with more recent revelations of HRG, was very possibly done solely as a red herring to make us think of HRG as evil.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Her aneurism may have burst at work. Or she may have been a well-loved waitress by the regulars so they wanted to memorialize her there. Except I do think it was Sylar because after Hiro teleported back and his picture showed up on the wall, there were still cops milling around the diner.

Masi Oka (Hiro) in an interview implied we may see Charlie in the future. It sounds like the story at this point is still somewhat fluid, for example, in other interviews it has been stated that several of the heroes were supposed to have been killed already but the actor has done such a great job with the character that they just couldn't bring themselves to kill them. HRG was originally only slated for the pilot. His character worked so well, combined with his being Claire's father, that he was added for several episodes and is another character whose future is undecided.

Upvote 0