Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I loved it. I think it's going to be a hit! :) NBC is showing it again tonight, so try to watch it if you can.

In a wonderful irony, after I realized I'd forgotten to set my VCR last night, I hoped NBC would re-air it. Tonight I'm off work and when I checked my TV Guide I was pleasently surprised to see the encore. I'm like Hiro, only with TV schedules, not the spacetime continuum. :D

I don't know if it hooked me like Lost did from the first episode, but I really enjoyed the Pilot and didn't notice the disjointedness that some reviewers had commented on. The premise really bugs me regarding how evolution works, but as a fan of X-Men I'm familiar with it and enjoy it as Sci-Fi. One thing I did like was how they have an inkling of their power, then try and work them out.

This looks like a really fun show and I plan on continuing to watch.

Reactions: snoochface
Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah, fun show, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Love love love Hiro - he's going to be a favorite character, I can already tell. I'm looking forward to seeing how the show progresses, but my early opinion is:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
J

Jenster

At the end of the episode, the announcer said that the whole pilot can be viewed at www.nbc.com.

PGP_protector: Yes to your spoiler question.

I was fascinated by it -- agree that Hiro is da bomb. I noticed the episode felt a bit disjointed, but didn't mind that style.

One character freaked me out though ... the woman who sees things in the mirror. *shudder*

If I happen to be home for future episodes, I may watch it. Depends on how tense it continues to be. I often watch TV to relax, so I'm looking for something lighter. But I thought it was really well done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Solomon Kane

Jun 26, 2005
Columbus, OH. USA
✟19,475.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Can anyone explain what her power is?
Going out on a limb here. My guess is that she has an alternate personality that comes out when she is mad or frightened. That personality has "super" strength and no remorse about using it to seriously harm others.
The reflection in the mirror is, can't remember the character's name, slowly becoming aware of this new personality.
I think, again a guess, that part of this character's drama is going to come from seeing which of her personalities becomes the dominate one, and the struggle between them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Going out on a limb here. My guess is that she has an alternate personality that comes out when she is mad or frightened. That personality has "super" strength and no remorse about using it to seriously harm others.
The reflection in the mirror is, can't remember the character's name, slowly becoming aware of this new personality.
I think, again a guess, that part of this character's drama is going to come from seeing which of her personalities becomes the dominate one, and the struggle between them.

Maby, but then wouldn't there of been blood all over her, and not just the reflection ?

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
doppleganger??? :scratch::confused::scratch:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppleganger

A doppelgänger (pronunciation (help·info)) is the ghostly double of a living person. The word doppelgänger is a loanword from German, written there (as any noun) with an initial capital letter Doppelgänger, composed from doppel, meaning "double", and gänger, as "walker". In English, the word is conventionally not capitalized, and it is also common to drop the German diacritic umlaut on the letter "a" and write "doppelganger", although the correct spelling without umlaut would be "doppelgaenger".

The term has, in the vernacular, come to refer to any double or look-alike of a person, most commonly in reference to a so-called evil twin, or to bilocation. Alternatively, the word is used to describe a phenomenon where you catch your own image out of the corner of your eye. In some mythologies, seeing one's own doppelgänger is an omen of death. A doppelgänger seen by friends or relatives of a person may sometimes bring bad luck, or indicate an approaching illness or health problem.

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
Subscribing.

I saw another Heroes thread, and I posted in it. But I'll participate in this one (now that I've found it) because Snoochface is here and she always brings great insight to my favourite shows. :)

Reactions: snoochface
Upvote 0