but'n'ben

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset
Feb 24, 2004
✟1,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Listen. it doesn't matter who is on the throne...it means NOTHING. It's a traditional title. The Queen had NO power in society. She cannot make laws, she can't break them, she can't dissolve parliament, she has nothing to contibute because we live in a democracy as as a result no one person had any power.

All the royal family do is bleed the country dry. They do nothing to earn respect and I think if you lived here you would see that. The royals are portrayed in a romantic light but trust me, the only time anyone sees the queen is on christmas day when she makes a speech and 99% of the country don't bother watching.

The days when royals are useful as long gone....kings were leaders in war...and lived like the rest of their court. You don't see Tony Blair living like the Queen.

It makes no difference who is on the throne, elizabeth, charles or William. They are all equally as useless each other as an active member of society.

Upvote 0

but'n'ben

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset
Feb 24, 2004
✟1,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Cliche Guevara said:
Ahhh, but'n'ben, but'n'ben....

I kept wanting to give you reps but I've given out too many today and the software won't let me do it again. And I kept agreeing with all you said an' everything! *sigh*

Lol, thanks. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought they royals were useless. It's not just because I live in Scotland and jump on the 'freedom' badwagon...I just resent subsidising them when I'd much rather support war veterans and people who have actually worked in their life.

Upvote 0

AliOgg

Apr 3, 2005
Fort William
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but'n'ben said:
Listen. it doesn't matter who is on the throne...

So by this argument there was no difference between King Saul and King David ?

it means NOTHING.

God's Hand is at work everywhere and it's not for a christian to condemn anyone, especialy if they have no idea how the Lord God Almighty may choose to bring about what he choses to bring about

And God Bless All His Peoples.

Upvote 0

but'n'ben

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset
Feb 24, 2004
✟1,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the days of Saul and David, Kings had a purpose.

I'm not condemming anyone. As a Christian, I'd much rather see my hard earned tax money going towards to poor and needy instead of making the rich richer...and the Royal family have the cheek to go to church every Sunday. They should be ashamed of themselves living the way they do, giving nothing back and flaunting themselves as Christians.

Wouldn't Jesus frown upon this? The story of the rich man who would give up everything for to follow Him except his riches? Sounds familiar.

Upvote 0

but'n'ben

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset
Feb 24, 2004
✟1,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Trust me when I say, a tiny tiny minority actually look up the the royal family. I'm not just coming from a Scottish perspective here. I know Welsh, English and Irish who are fed up subsiding these people.

How can the influence when they don't do anything? You don't see people saying 'I go to church because the Queen does' or 'I want to go to Africa because Dianna did'.

If they were taking an active role in poverty or cutting back their land to help the poorer who should be benefitting from taxes I might have a bit more respect but nope. it's all take take take.

Upvote 0

Pentecostal Boy

C.S. Lewis/Tolkien Nerd
Mar 31, 2005
✟11,328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
but'n'ben said:
You don't see people saying 'I go to church because the Queen does' or 'I want to go to Africa because Dianna did'

No you don't see people saying "I go to church because the Queen does."

And you shouldn't it wouldn't be a real relationship with Jesus Christ.

And yes people do go to Africa because Diana did! It is a little thing called "Land Mines.":thumbsup: :p

Upvote 0

AliOgg

Apr 3, 2005
Fort William
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but'n'ben said:
I'm not condemming anyone.

They should be ashamed of themselves

I think one of the main points of being a christian is that we sort out our own faults and leave the Lord God Almighty to sort out everyone elses' as he sees fit, when and if he sees fit, for no matter how hard we try we will never see things the way he sees things and if we assume that we have all the answers then we are in for a fall

Upvote 0

Milla

Apr 24, 2004
✟19,230.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
AliOgg said:
God's Hand is at work everywhere and it's not for a christian to condemn anyone, especialy if they have no idea how the Lord God Almighty may choose to bring about what he choses to bring about

Are you implying a belief in the divine right of royalty?

Upvote 0

AliOgg

Apr 3, 2005
Fort William
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Milla said:
Are you implying a belief in the divine right of royalty?

No my friend, I'm implying that as we don't know how God might choose to use any man or woman to bring about what he chooses to bring about then as christians we should be very wary of making judgements as we might find ourselves condemning what God has chosen to bring about, which for a christian is no small matter

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
but'n'ben said:
Yeah, but you're not paying for them. Trust me, they do NOTHING and no more charity work than you're average joe. HOw often have you seen liz in ethiopia helping kids in schools? Never. Willian and harry both have done this because of Dianna's influence but none of the others bother.

LOL and we don't have our tax dollars wasted either? I think you're better off with them than without them. Think of how many tourists come to Britain to see the Royal Family, etc. Of course, I don't live over there, so they don't represent me :D Come to think of it, you've already tried bucking the royals off once with Cromwell, and it didn't work :p

BTW, how do you get the nickname Chaz for Charles???

DW
:)

Upvote 0

Elboy

Jun 2, 2005
Bristol england!!
✟8,547.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I believe Diana was the greatest Princess Our country has ever and probably ever will have had! She was a great and Noble lady, and because of her i am proud to be English!!!

I just want to say thankyou to everyone from different countries who love her aswell! Espically America who have called her the Queen of hearts! That is such a sweet name!

May her memory stay in our hearts and minds for all times

May she finally rest in peace after all the enquires that have been going on lately about her death!

El

Upvote 0