• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

HELP...Pastor No Longer my Friend

tia2

May 11, 2008
✟15,582.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I need you guys input and advice on this situation. To make a long story short. I have a Pastor Friend and he's a Prophet too. But he's ONLY FRIEND like a brother. Nothing further nothing more. But I've known him for 20 years Mostly phone talk and from the very beginning he's always told me that God's true name is Yahweh and his son true name is not Jesus but Yashua. I have no problem with this because God does have a Hebrew name and a Greek name so that's not an issue. BUT the problem comes when he starts to tell me different things throughout the years that seems to be DIFFERENT from what the bible says. For one he would tell me that alot of things in the bible has been taken out and replaced. IOW, we've been lied to in some parts of the bible and you need the Holy Spirit to reveal what was taken out. He got me thinking with that one because Jeremiah 8:8 does say the Lying pen of the scribes YET STILL I choose to stand on our Fathers word because the bible also says if any man preaches another gospel other than this let him be accursed (Galatians 1:8) It also says many false prophets shall arise (Matthew 24:11)

2. Then he would say that he doesn't believe in marriage because alot of Homosexuals are now getting married and marriage has become corrupt. This is not scriptural I would tell him and we would always argue. Regardless of homos getting married, Our father commanded us to get married and not sin
3. Then he would say sex before marriage is NOT a sin. We argued on this matter too and I would tell him Jehovah disagrees. The bible says fornication is a sin. He says that's garbage he gave his explanation that that is not what Fornication is. but it made no sense GOD SAID FORNICATION SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE IS SIN PERIOD
4. THEN he believes in more than one wife, I would say this is not scriptural and he would use that lame excuse that Moses and all the men of the Old Testament had many wives. BUT I would say but Jehovah says to obey the laws of the land and the laws of this land says that POLYGAMY IS A CRIME so we would argue about all these things
5. Then he has a problem with the fact that I DON'T date black men even though I'm black myself. He says our heavenly father is black and I would say what does that have to do with who I date. Besides my husband is from India but he has serious drug problems so we're not on good terms

6. Then throughout the years he would always say that I'm disobedient and I'm rebellious. Like what? Last time I checked he's not God. He's not the creator. It's possible for the heavenly father to use him but if what he is saying is different from what the scripture says, then that part is wrong
7. THEN GET THIS GUYS this is the big whammy......HE SAYS that God has a wife and we are to worship her as well. Because how can God/Yahweh have a son, and how can there be a heavenly father but no mother involved. He would always pray in the name of the mother and father. But I rebuked this doctrine of his and told him but the scripture says THOU SHALT WORSHIP JEHOVAH AND HIM ALONE SHALT THOU SERVE (Luke 4:8) And this is so ironic because about a year ago I visited a church and during worship this white lady came over to me and started prophesying to me alot of things but two things I remember her saying to me was God has alot of work for me to do AND then she said, God said BESIDES ME THERE IS NO OTHER (Isaiah 43:11) At that time I didn't know that what she said was in the bible. but sure enough a year later I found out it was.

8. Finally just two days ago for the first time in 20 years, I believe the spirit was urging me to tell him that he NEEDS TO REPENT. And I was afraid because this guy, CAN PROPHESY AND HIS PROPHESIES ALWAYS COME TRUE. But this morning I reluctantly called him but didn't get him. BUT he called me back and said WHAT DO YOU WANT? WHY DID YOU CALL ME? So I said listen I just called to tell you that this doctrine that you have and this fornication issues that you have and you believe in more than one wife, well the spirit has dealt with me to tell you that you need to repent from these things. So then he said, Listen to me, DON'T CALL HERE NO MORE. Do you hear me? Go and listen to those church people and leave me alone. Don't call here no more. Yet it's weird but I feel so much better that I told him what I believe Jehovah has lead me to tell him. Even though he doesn't want to talk to me anymore it's weird I feel better telling him to repent. Its crazy anyway guys I am so sorry I tried to make this short as possible but this is it in a nutshell. I don't have much friends or righteous friends especially so it's hard now I don't have anybody of faith to talk to OH NO I'm wrong I have one white guy name Paul we talk via email and phone sometimes but that's it. Anyway guys I want to know your input of this whole thing and your advice and again sorry this story seemed longer than intended

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟909,875.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry, but that guy is bad news and you're better off without him.

Any 'prophet' that 'reveals' anything contrary to Scripture is a fraud. Nothing more, nothing less.

Honestly, that's the sort of person cults form around.

• Agree
Reactions: Joy
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi, I need you guys input and advice on this situation. To make a long story short. I have a Pastor Friend and he's a Prophet too. But he's ONLY FRIEND like a brother. Nothing further nothing more. But I've known him for 20 years Mostly phone talk and from the very beginning he's always told me that God's true name is Yahweh and his son true name is not Jesus but Yashua. I have no problem with this because God does have a Hebrew name and a Greek name so that's not an issue. BUT the problem comes when he starts to tell me different things throughout the years that seems to be DIFFERENT from what the bible says. For one he would tell me that alot of things in the bible has been taken out and replaced. IOW, we've been lied to in some parts of the bible and you need the Holy Spirit to reveal what was taken out. He got me thinking with that one because Jeremiah 8:8 does say the Lying pen of the scribes YET STILL I choose to stand on our Fathers word because the bible also says if any man preaches another gospel other than this let him be accursed (Galatians 1:8) It also says many false prophets shall arise (Matthew 24:11)

2. Then he would say that he doesn't believe in marriage because alot of Homosexuals are now getting married and marriage has become corrupt. This is not scriptural I would tell him and we would always argue. Regardless of homos getting married, Our father commanded us to get married and not sin
3. Then he would say sex before marriage is NOT a sin. We argued on this matter too and I would tell him Jehovah disagrees. The bible says fornication is a sin. He says that's garbage he gave his explanation that that is not what Fornication is. but it made no sense GOD SAID FORNICATION SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE IS SIN PERIOD
4. THEN he believes in more than one wife, I would say this is not scriptural and he would use that lame excuse that Moses and all the men of the Old Testament had many wives. BUT I would say but Jehovah says to obey the laws of the land and the laws of this land says that POLYGAMY IS A CRIME so we would argue about all these things
5. Then he has a problem with the fact that I DON'T date black men even though I'm black myself. He says our heavenly father is black and I would say what does that have to do with who I date. Besides my husband is from India but he has serious drug problems so we're not on good terms

6. Then throughout the years he would always say that I'm disobedient and I'm rebellious. Like what? Last time I checked he's not God. He's not the creator. It's possible for the heavenly father to use him but if what he is saying is different from what the scripture says, then that part is wrong
7. THEN GET THIS GUYS this is the big whammy......HE SAYS that God has a wife and we are to worship her as well. Because how can God/Yahweh have a son, and how can there be a heavenly father but no mother involved. He would always pray in the name of the mother and father. But I rebuked this doctrine of his and told him but the scripture says THOU SHALT WORSHIP JEHOVAH AND HIM ALONE SHALT THOU SERVE (Luke 4:8) And this is so ironic because about a year ago I visited a church and during worship this white lady came over to me and started prophesying to me alot of things but two things I remember her saying to me was God has alot of work for me to do AND then she said, God said BESIDES ME THERE IS NO OTHER (Isaiah 43:11) At that time I didn't know that what she said was in the bible. but sure enough a year later I found out it was.

8. Finally just two days ago for the first time in 20 years, I believe the spirit was urging me to tell him that he NEEDS TO REPENT. And I was afraid because this guy, CAN PROPHESY AND HIS PROPHESIES ALWAYS COME TRUE. But this morning I reluctantly called him but didn't get him. BUT he called me back and said WHAT DO YOU WANT? WHY DID YOU CALL ME? So I said listen I just called to tell you that this doctrine that you have and this fornication issues that you have and you believe in more than one wife, well the spirit has dealt with me to tell you that you need to repent from these things. So then he said, Listen to me, DON'T CALL HERE NO MORE. Do you hear me? Go and listen to those church people and leave me alone. Don't call here no more. Yet it's weird but I feel so much better that I told him what I believe Jehovah has lead me to tell him. Even though he doesn't want to talk to me anymore it's weird I feel better telling him to repent. Its crazy anyway guys I am so sorry I tried to make this short as possible but this is it in a nutshell. I don't have much friends or righteous friends especially so it's hard now I don't have anybody of faith to talk to OH NO I'm wrong I have one white guy name Paul we talk via email and phone sometimes but that's it. Anyway guys I want to know your input of this whole thing and your advice and again sorry this story seemed longer than intended
Tia2, genuine pastors don't generally yell at you (even if you disagree with them). You're probably better off without this friend. But do keep him in prayer. God bless :).

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟548,019.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tia2, genuine pastors don't generally yell at you (even if you disagree with them). You're probably better off without this friend. But do keep him in prayer. God bless :).

Probably? Ha Ha! Mukk_in, I enjoy your posts and you seem like a great guy, so I'm gonna tease you a little bit here. She would "probably" be better off without this "friend" kinda like she would probably be better off not jogging down the Autobahn on a foggy morning. Ha Ha!
Hi, I need you guys input and advice on this situation.

Tia2, avoid this guy like the plague! He sounds almost like an old school Gnostic, which means run for your life. Especially if he moves in a genuine gift of prophecy.

Two things could account for this:
A. He has a genuine gift of God, but has so badly corrupted his doctrines at this point that both he and his gift are being used as tools of the enemy, or
B. He has a demonic gift, and one powerful enough that his predictions are made to come to pass by demonic power, or are foretold to him telepathicaly.

But regardless of whether or not his prophecies come true, you need to fear this man. If you keep hanging around with him, don't be surprised if a day comes when he makes sexual advances on you. Nothing in his doctrine forbids it, and such a move would be part and parcel for the kind of doctrines he espouses. You are setting yourself up for seduction and potential sexual exploitation if you are not very careful.

Wish I could tell you differently, but your friend is unfortunately VERY bad news. Stay away from him. Pray for him if you must, and if you can do so from a distance, but stay away.

• Haha
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Probably? Ha Ha! Mukk_in, I enjoy your posts and you seem like a great guy, so I'm gonna tease you a little bit here. She would "probably" be better off without this "friend" kinda like she would probably be better off not jogging down the Autobahn on a foggy morning. Ha Ha!

Tia2, avoid this guy like the plague! He sounds almost like an old school Gnostic, which means run for your life. Especially if he moves in a genuine gift of prophecy.

Two things could account for this:
A. He has a genuine gift of God, but has so badly corrupted his doctrines at this point that both he and his gift are being used as tools of the enemy, or
B. He has a demonic gift, and one powerful enough that his predictions are made to come to pass by demonic power, or are foretold to him telepathicaly.

But regardless of whether or not his prophecies come true, you need to fear this man. If you keep hanging around with him, don't be surprised if a day comes when he makes sexual advances on you. Nothing in his doctrine forbids it, and such a move would be part and parcel for the kind of doctrines he espouses. You are setting yourself up for seduction and potential sexual exploitation if you are not very careful.

Wish I could tell you differently, but your friend is unfortunately VERY bad news. Stay away from him. Pray for him if you must, and if you can do so from a distance, but stay away.
Good one my friend :).

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are a lot of religionists who set themselves forth as godly preachers, and this one seems suspect. One can usually tell if one is true in the Faith by what they show as "in Christ". A living relationship with the Lord Jesus in love and devotion to Him is usually some indication if one is "born again" ---which is fundamental; and one who dwells on the Old Testament and far out theories, rather than show life in Christ and the Church, is highly suspect, Tia.

Find a sound Bible believing assembly with those who love the Lord Jesus and teach and study the Bible weekly, rather than preach ideas and try to guess at the future. Pray much and study the Bible at home, Tia, (especially in the New Testament).

I will just add that Yahweh and Yeshua are Hebrew words for the Greek words (which is where English descended), and are Jehovah and Jesus, which we now use. We are not into the Hebrew language or religion, but have moved on to this new dispensation of grace in Jesus, the Christ.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟548,019.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its crazy anyway guys I am so sorry I tried to make this short as possible but this is it in a nutshell. I don't have much friends or righteous friends especially so it's hard now I don't have anybody of faith to talk to OH NO I'm wrong I have one white guy name Paul we talk via email and phone sometimes but that's it.

Tia2, my sincerest apologies if I came off like I was making fun of your situation because I most certainly was not. That was just me poking a little fun at Mukk_in.

But as for as your situation, the reason you feel good about what you did is because you followed the leading of the Holy Spirit, and you are receiving the witness of the Spirit about it that you did as you were being led to by Him.

Regarding having spiritual friends, I would encourage you to keep in touch with the one God brought back to your memory as you were writing, and also to get to know us more here at this website. There are a lot of good people in this community, and while we may not always agree with one another, your soul will be cared for here, and God can lead you to those who would be the most help to you spiritually right where you are now.

So let me encourage you that you did a wise and wonderful thing by bringing this issue before us to discuss with you, and if you continue doing so the Lord will bring you into a place of having a much greater understanding of His word, and how to recognize falsehood from truth.

God bless you, Tia2, and welcome again to our Forum.
May the Spirit of God lead you into all truth, just as our Lord promised to those who love Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums