Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a problem, my dad does not want to go to church anymore, and my mom normally sleeps late, I would like to go to a methodists church on Sunday morning. My dad is letting politics over rule his connection to other Christians, he lets hypocrisy anger him into not wanting to go to church at all, baptist or methodist, he grew up and raised my sister in the baptist church. Both of my parents are disgusted with Trump and how badly Republicans behave. They are like the pharisees in Jesus day. I under stand how he feels about bad politicians and hard headed voters. but not every republican is ignorant and why should Americans quarrel over politics, we all have so much in common. Hypocritical preachers has always been a problem, even in the Bible. I don't want a harsh and cruel version of Christianity that is snobby, proud, racist, mean and hateful. Jesus Christ called us to love each other, she our faith in Him by loving and helping others. If you don't love your neighbor you don't love God.

Jesus tells us to be peaceful and love even our enemies! But I don't think people should be enemies over political reasons, especially when we are all Christians!

I have not been to a church in years. I watch Dr. Charles Stanley on Sunday mornings with my dad, he says Dr. Stanley preaches sound Biblical faith.

Another problem, my family is behind on computer technology, we have a basic computer but we have to share it, i don't get to go on the internet often. So it might be a while before I respond. I get bored, then I get sad, and I might cry a bit. I don't have a video game system, I have some games on my laptop, but I've decided not to play any computer games with violence and/or magic. I like fairy tale stuff, fantasy, but I am thinking God does not like unicorns and fairies because they are not real, and can lead into deeper trouble. Giving them up is hard. I am an artist I do a lot of drawing and painting it keeps me from being bored, either that or I read or work on writing stories. I do get bored because I cannot always draw and write or read I get anxious and restless and I want some fun. I like watching movies, it is hard to find good movies to day. There are a lot of bad tv shows, bad movies, hard for a Christian to navigate the media.

Well I wanted to work with a Valentine flower bouquet i am drawing and using colored pencils on, but I got nervous and I worry that I might make a mistake. I have a problem worrying if i get my pictures right. I could use a eraser, hard to remove color pigment with an eraser.

There are some psychological problems in the family, I have a few psychological/mental problems, and the Lord gives me strength, He loves me and takes away my pain. I think God lets me suffer so I can know how other people suffer and comfort them. God is love. my parents love me even though I am an adult, i still live with them.

• Prayers
Reactions: mukk_in

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have a problem, my dad does not want to go to church anymore, and my mom normally sleeps late, I would like to go to a methodists church on Sunday morning.

Do you drive, or do you have a friend who drives and who would be willing to take you to church? I don't see a problem with you going to church by yourself (or with a friend) while your parents sleep in.

Well I wanted to work with a Valentine flower bouquet i am drawing and using colored pencils on, but I got nervous and I worry that I might make a mistake. I have a problem worrying if i get my pictures right. I could use a eraser, hard to remove color pigment with an eraser.

I worry about getting the colors wrong in my pictures too. I've discovered that Crayola makes a line of erasable colored pencils, and that's what I use. I recommend them.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
When I moved to Auckland in 1996, I didn't want to travel to church and I had been involved in Baptist churches since 1982, so I looked for a church within walking distance. The one I saw was a Presbyterian one, so I decided to try it out. I never left and now I am the senior elder (the rotten apple moved to the top of the bin). I reckon you should look for a church within walking distance, even though it may be a different denomination then the one you have been attending. You might be surprised at how similar it might be to where you went before. Even though my experience was Pentecostal, Anglican and Baptist previously, I lasted three weeks in the Presbyterian church before I became as mad as the rest of them! Once that happened, I knew that I was bonded into that church and didn't want to leave it, and so I never have.

Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I am an artist I do a lot of drawing and painting it keeps me from being bored, either that or I read or work on writing stories. I do get bored because I cannot always draw and write or read I get anxious and restless and I want some fun.
Its good to be an artist, you can open your own simple gallery or display/sell your works somewhere. Jesus bless you with Peace and Abundancy.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a problem, my dad does not want to go to church anymore, and my mom normally sleeps late, I would like to go to a methodists church on Sunday morning. My dad is letting politics over rule his connection to other Christians, he lets hypocrisy anger him into not wanting to go to church at all, baptist or methodist, he grew up and raised my sister in the baptist church. Both of my parents are disgusted with Trump and how badly Republicans behave. They are like the pharisees in Jesus day. I under stand how he feels about bad politicians and hard headed voters. but not every republican is ignorant and why should Americans quarrel over politics, we all have so much in common. Hypocritical preachers has always been a problem, even in the Bible. I don't want a harsh and cruel version of Christianity that is snobby, proud, racist, mean and hateful. Jesus Christ called us to love each other, she our faith in Him by loving and helping others. If you don't love your neighbor you don't love God.

Jesus tells us to be peaceful and love even our enemies! But I don't think people should be enemies over political reasons, especially when we are all Christians!

I have not been to a church in years. I watch Dr. Charles Stanley on Sunday mornings with my dad, he says Dr. Stanley preaches sound Biblical faith.

Another problem, my family is behind on computer technology, we have a basic computer but we have to share it, i don't get to go on the internet often. So it might be a while before I respond. I get bored, then I get sad, and I might cry a bit. I don't have a video game system, I have some games on my laptop, but I've decided not to play any computer games with violence and/or magic. I like fairy tale stuff, fantasy, but I am thinking God does not like unicorns and fairies because they are not real, and can lead into deeper trouble. Giving them up is hard. I am an artist I do a lot of drawing and painting it keeps me from being bored, either that or I read or work on writing stories. I do get bored because I cannot always draw and write or read I get anxious and restless and I want some fun. I like watching movies, it is hard to find good movies to day. There are a lot of bad tv shows, bad movies, hard for a Christian to navigate the media.

There are some psychological problems in the family, I have a few psychological/mental problems, and the Lord gives me strength, He loves me and takes away my pain. I think God lets me suffer so I can know how other people suffer and comfort them. God is love. my parents love me even though I am an adult, i still live with them.
Hi; Acts 2.42 is a great description of Biblical church activities, and it isn't to do with politics at all. :)

"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers."

Upvote 0