san diego
✟15,491.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ok so.. im wanting to study further in eschatology, but i need a place to start.

i was wondering if any of you here could help me, i need resources, commentaries, sermons, podcast..ect. any useful info on the topic..

but i want credible sources. i don't want random wacko's throwing out there opinions. although i am open to many ideas, the theories of kent hovind i find interesting, and im closely connected to the calvary chapel church. although my views don't necessarily line up completely with theres i don't want to stray too far off the beaten path. catch my drift?

so can any of you help me?

Teufelhund

Senior Veteran
Jul 29, 2007
Camp Pendleton, Ca
✟18,575.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well in theology it is often best to start with the very basics. I am fond of Aquinas and would recommend him to anybody, although he's kind of heady at times. Descartes isn't strictly a theologian but he has some really good ideas. Augustine is also pretty decent, but I'm not really fond of him, his theology is sound but his way of thinking and reasoning doesn't appeal to me. G.K. Chesterton is also a favorite of mine, he's more into the emotional side of things. Pascal is very clever and is often a very good read, but he's not always as thorough as I would like to have someone be with my theology. C.S. Lewis has some very good material, especially some of his later works. On Eschatology itself, I personally do not believe that the hows of the end-times are half so important as the whys.

Upvote 0

Teufelhund

Senior Veteran
Jul 29, 2007
Camp Pendleton, Ca
✟18,575.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well in theology it is often best to start with the very basics. I am fond of Aquinas and would recommend him to anybody, although he's kind of heady at times. Descartes isn't strictly a theologian but he has some really good ideas. Augustine is also pretty decent, but I'm not really fond of him, his theology is sound but his way of thinking and reasoning doesn't appeal to me. G.K. Chesterton is also a favorite of mine, he's more into the emotional side of things. Pascal is very clever and is often a very good read, but he's not always as thorough as I would like to have someone be with my theology. C.S. Lewis has some very good material, especially some of his later works. On Eschatology itself, I personally do not believe that the hows of the end-times are half so important as the whys.

Upvote 0