✟30,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hi all,

I have a dell laptop and a linksys router connected to the main computer (which is also a dell). I was on my laptop last night and everything was fine. I had to reboot (the arrow froze on the screen) and ever since the reboot, I can't get online. My signal strength is excellent but my status is listed as "limited or no connectivity". I've tried rebooting, repairing the connection, disabling the linksys and re-enabaling to no avail. the main computer is working fine (I'm typing this on it)

If anyone can offer any assistance, I'd really appreciate it. I'm ready to pull my hair out of my head over this!:mad: :scratch: :(

Thanks!

mrpiddly

May 27, 2007
✟16,409.00
Faith
Atheist
Try what he said.

then try connecting the laptop with a Ethernet cable to the router. (to test if just the wireless is broken)

If that doesnt work, try looking at the settings for your wireless network. It should have things like who can connect, types of connections, passwords, and other stuff you probably dont need to mess with. If there is a reset to default button on a screen, click that (it should still save the same password but reset your network settings). Then go through the menus and reconfigure everything so that you have a secure network with a password. Make sure that you set it so that that laptop is authorized to connect and that it does not require a password.

sorry for the extremely vague description of the various menus of windows. It is literally a maze of files. I just use a base-station connected to a mac pro. Then of course some extra security software that may be a bit of overkill, especially since i dont even think my neighbor owns computer, his house is out of range, and it would have to go through a couple of walls to reach him. You can never have too much security.

Upvote 0