JBell-Fitz

Apr 4, 2017
California
✟16,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone! So I've been praying and getting back in church and reading my bible to help me get on the right path again, but my husband has lost hope that I am going to change or that I'm going to stay on this path.
I have a really bad anger problem, I've had it all my life and after we have gotten married it got better but I would still get really angry at things. I found that my husband was sending inappropriate texts to one of our good friends. They weren't pictures but just things you wouldn't say to another women while married. I found these and got very angry because we've been through this a few years ago. I was just so angry, I didn't know why he was doing this again to me. He told me he would flirt with her because I wasn't giving him enough attention. I am a full time student and I work full time. I am always stressed and always busy so it's really hard for me to be intimate and be in the mood like he was all the time. He stopped texting her inappropriate things but was still talking to her constantly and I told him he can't talk to her anymore because he was getting feelings for her. He says he doesn't think he was getting feelings for her but he was treating her how he used to treat me when we first started dating. I called her a couple days ago and told her that she can't be in our lives anymore because I feel like she's becoming the other woman and she agreed and cut it off with him. After I told my husband that, he started yelling at me saying that he doesn't want to be married to me anymore, he doesn't think he loves me anymore, he doesn't have and hope that my anger is going to change, that I'm never going to change. Not once did I raise my voice to him since then because I've realized there's no need to... After talking to his grandfather, which is our Pastor, we are going to do marriage counseling with our second Pastor at our church every Saturday. I am so happy but It's so hard to not have the love and support that my husband used to give me. He just gets up for work, gives me a peck, and leaves. I don't see him all day until night and he comes home, hangs out with our roommate. Then I o to bed, he stays up till 12 or 1 then just jumps in bed without saying a word. I feel empty and sad that I lost the other part of my flesh...
I've figured out what I need to do, I need to but God as number 1. I miss God. He does so much great things for me. So I'm doing what I can to get back on that path but it's so hard to not be sad that my husband doesn't have faith in me anymore. He just stays out all night with his horrible, non-Christian friends and I feel like they are having a huge impact on his decision or thinking. There's more to our problems but that would be way too long.
I would really appreciate prayers from people and just advice. I don't know if I should stay home, or text him, or be a wife to him when he can barely be a husband to me. I'm sad but at the same time I know God will put me in the right place and give me the strength I need.

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
" 3The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."

You cannot use being BUSY with life as an excuse for neglecting your husband...

He too must love and support you the way he should...

But trust me, not meeting a man's sexual needs is the GREATEST mistake a wife can make...

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

JBell-Fitz

Apr 4, 2017
California
✟16,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
" 3The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."

You cannot use being BUSY with life as an excuse for neglecting your husband...

He too must love and support you the way he should...

But trust me, not meeting a man's sexual needs is the GREATEST mistake a wife can make...

I definitely agree. I shouldn't have said it that way. I do meet his needs but it's not every time when he wants too. And same for me, when I want to it's not every single time he meets mine. I shouldn't use being busy as an excuse but it's just so hard because when I get stressed I roll into a ball and I just because so unsocial and sad. I haven't been like that in a long time because I'm trying to stay more positive and pray more. And a few days before him telling me he doesn't love me or want to separate, my grandfather died so that made me very sad and made me feel like he doesn't want to deal with my problems... I know I'm not perfect, I have my problems, I don't think he sees his...

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

JBell-Fitz

Apr 4, 2017
California
✟16,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will be praying for you. May I ask how old you are and your husband? And how long have you been married, any kids?

Thank you! and we are both 21. We got married last August so this August will be our first year married... No children

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I definitely agree. I shouldn't have said it that way. I do meet his needs but it's not every time when he wants too. And same for me, when I want to it's not every single time he meets mine. I shouldn't use being busy as an excuse but it's just so hard because when I get stressed I roll into a ball and I just because so unsocial and sad. I haven't been like that in a long time because I'm trying to stay more positive and pray more. And a few days before him telling me he doesn't love me or want to separate, my grandfather died so that made me very sad and made me feel like he doesn't want to deal with my problems... I know I'm not perfect, I have my problems, I don't think he sees his...

I am sorry about your grandfather and it does take two to fix issues. I am NOT releasing him from his duties either, he needs to come along side you as well...

And sex does NOT fix every issue, but trust me, it fixes a GREAT deal of them. Even talking about how you feel is easier afterward, a man's GUARD is down because he is in a good place and will open up way more than he normally may...

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you! and we are both 21. We got married last August so this August will be our first year married... No children
I do not agree with him texting and being friends with the other lady u spoke of, that is dangerous ground. Him staying out late with friends and stuff, thats not good either. It is good that you are focusing on Christ and letting Him lead you and guide you, and esp that you already know that is where your strength comes from. Going to counseling and him agreeing to do so is a plus and I pray that works for both of you. I know u said u were very busy and that makes things really tough. Does he actually sit and talk to you about the problems u r having? Of does he run and hide and act like its nothing nor is it happening? Whats his view on the situation?

• Agree
Upvote 0

JBell-Fitz

Apr 4, 2017
California
✟16,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not agree with him texting and being friends with the other lady u spoke of, that is dangerous ground. Him staying out late with friends and stuff, thats not good either. It is good that you are focusing on Christ and letting Him lead you and guide you, and esp that you already know that is where your strength comes from. Going to counseling and him agreeing to do so is a plus and I pray that works for both of you. I know u said u were very busy and that makes things really tough. Does he actually sit and talk to you about the problems u r having? Of does he run and hide and act like its nothing nor is it happening? Whats his view on the situation?

He tries to help me when things are going though but I feel like he wants things to get better asap. Like if things don't get better in a day, he just pushes them to the side and avoids them. And with this situation, he is saying that he doesn't have hope for me anymore. He keeps saying he wants to move away to Washington by himself and start a new life and I keep telling him he can't run away from our problems. But I'm trying to be the strong one at the same time, it's hard not to be sad you know? Truthfully, I am a little happy this is happening now because we have so many years to go through together I'm glad we are dealing with this now and not later. I keep telling him that and he just says, IDK. that's his answer to everything, IDK... but I know we are going to get through this, he just needs to have hope!!

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
He tries to help me when things are going though but I feel like he wants things to get better asap. Like if things don't get better in a day, he just pushes them to the side and avoids them. And with this situation, he is saying that he doesn't have hope for me anymore. He keeps saying he wants to move away to Washington by himself and start a new life and I keep telling him he can't run away from our problems. But I'm trying to be the strong one at the same time, it's hard not to be sad you know? Truthfully, I am a little happy this is happening now because we have so many years to go through together I'm glad we are dealing with this now and not later. I keep telling him that and he just says, IDK. that's his answer to everything, IDK... but I know we are going to get through this, he just needs to have hope!!

At this point, keep going to counseling, keep praying, and keep being the wife you know God would have you to be. It won't be easy, you may not FEEL like it. Act like it all depends on you, pray like it all depends on God and the two will meet somewhere...

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WOW ur positive attitude is very very impressive. Yes you are right it is very hard not to feel sad, very hard. But I am in love with your attitude and outlook, really impressed. I will say I totally agree with Darthneo on the issue of neglecting sex, that is HUGE to a man, I mean that is how they connect love as to where women connect love with emotions and security. Maybe you should pick out 2 nights of the week and say OK on these 2 nights, we r gonna get busy and totally "focus" on each others needs, make sure u try to clear the path as u get closer to those days so that nothing will get in the way, that way you and him both have something to look forward to, he can talk better with you "after" sex (making love). Idk call Fridays, "freaky friday" and Wednesday "wow me wednesday" or Mondays "mushy monday" - thats ur day btw lol....

Just get creative :tutu:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JBell-Fitz

Apr 4, 2017
California
✟16,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WOW ur positive attitude is very very impressive. Yes you are right it is very hard not to feel sad, very hard. But I am in love with your attitude and outlook, really impressed. I will say I totally agree with Darthneo on the issue of neglecting sex, that is HUGE to a man, I mean that is how they connect love as to where women connect love with emotions and security. Maybe you should pick out 2 nights of the week and say OK on these 2 nights, we r gonna get busy and totally "focus" on each others needs, make sure u try to clear the path as u get closer to those days so that nothing will get in the way, that way you and him both have something to look forward to, he can talk better with you "after" sex (making love). Idk call Fridays, "freaky friday" and Wednesday "wow me wednesday" or Mondays "mushy monday" - thats ur day btw lol....

Just get creative :tutu:

Thank you so much! Truthfully, we've been through this same exact situation when we first started dating, we ended up taking a break, then after a month a realized he was being stubborn and loved me. That's why I have so much hope. And I know God will never put a situation in my path that I cannot handle. I always keep that in mind, even when I wasn't on the right path. And I love your advice on the "sexy days" haha! very cute and clever. Thank you so much.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JBF: Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear of your struggle and CONGRATS on your first anniversary! :)

Did you guys have any pre-marital counseling? If so, look to getting some more, for you on the anger issue (explore the reasons you are carrying a pool of anger) and he with his sensitivity issues.

As far as him wanting things fixed ASAP, we all want that. Going thru the process is time consuming and sometimes painful. But it has to be done. ASAP fixes rarely last very long.

Upvote 0

JBell-Fitz

Apr 4, 2017
California
✟16,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At this point, keep going to counseling, keep praying, and keep being the wife you know God would have you to be. It won't be easy, you may not FEEL like it. Act like it all depends on you, pray like it all depends on God and the two will meet somewhere...

Thank you DarthNeo! I am going to be the best wife I can be. I know God will lead us both together again. I just need my man to sit down and read the bible and pray with me! He is just so stubborn, he would rather hang out with his roommate then to just sit peacefully and enjoy this with me. But, I got this, and God is right by my side! Thank you for your advice!

• Prayers
Reactions: DarthNeo
Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The first year of marriage is a big adjustment. You can work through these issues. I encourage you to try to communicate with your husband honestly. Be vulnerable, express your love for him, and hopefully he will be receptive to that. Communication is the key to fixing most marital problems, and counseling can be helpful for that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much! Truthfully, we've been through this same exact situation when we first started dating, we ended up taking a break, then after a month a realized he was being stubborn and loved me. That's why I have so much hope. And I know God will never put a situation in my path that I cannot handle. I always keep that in mind, even when I wasn't on the right path. And I love your advice on the "sexy days" haha! very cute and clever. Thank you so much.
haha IM TELLING YA THEY WILL NOT LET U FORGET IT !!!
Just do silly things like, smile for no reason and say, cant wait for our night together, and i have something special for you.....
And hey, take it one step further and pray over your body and mind before "the event", seriously. If you recognize that not only r u being with him intimately, you also need to view it as glorifying the Lord, honestly. If u change ur mindset, its amazing what you can do. If you see it as giving to the Lord, it changes your outlook. Im pullin for ya !!

• Friendly
Reactions: JBell-Fitz
Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you DarthNeo! I am going to be the best wife I can be. I know God will lead us both together again. I just need my man to sit down and read the bible and pray with me! He is just so stubborn, he would rather hang out with his roommate then to just sit peacefully and enjoy this with me. But, I got this, and God is right by my side! Thank you for your advice!

My prayers will be with you...

Upvote 0

JBell-Fitz

Apr 4, 2017
California
✟16,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JBF: Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear of your struggle and CONGRATS on your first anniversary! :)

Did you guys have any pre-marital counseling? If so, look to getting some more, for you on the anger issue (explore the reasons you are carrying a pool of anger) and he with his sensitivity issues.

As far as him wanting things fixed ASAP, we all want that. Going thru the process is time consuming and sometimes painful. But it has to be done. ASAP fixes rarely last very long.

We never had counseling. His grandfather, our Pastor, kept telling us it would be good for us, but we kept denying it. I really wish I listened to him haha! But it's never to late to work on things!

Upvote 0

JBell-Fitz

Apr 4, 2017
California
✟16,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The first year of marriage is a big adjustment. You can work through these issues. I encourage you to try to communicate with your husband honestly. Be vulnerable, express your love for him, and hopefully he will be receptive to that. Communication is the key to fixing most marital problems, and counseling can be helpful for that.

Communication IS key! I'm great at communicating, with him at least. I just hope he wants to hear it.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We never had counseling. His grandfather, our Pastor, kept telling us it would be good for us, but we kept denying it. I really wish I listened to him haha! But it's never to late to work on things!
Yeah. Find a good christian marriage counselor and go thru EVERYTHING. (and I mean everything)

Upvote 0