✟7,998.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone,

Thought i'd introduce myself and the reasons why i am on here.

My name is Ashley and i live in the SW of England. I'm a 26 year old gay man who has been in a committed relationship the past 7 years.

Now the reason i am on here is for guidance. I have been depressed nearly my entire life due to certain circumstances growing up and things that have also happened since. I have always wanted a relationship with God, but those closest to me are very anti-religion. I also don't know anyone who at least openly says they are a Christian.

My current circumstances have not been great - my partner of 7 years cheated on me, i lost my job and therefore have next to no money, inappropriate contentography has taken a hold on me, i spend my days lying in bed doing nothing apart from playing video games and waiting for the day to be over. Its also made me a very jealous person when viewing social media. I don't want to live like this anymore.

I really need some guidance or just prayers from non-judgemental people to help me on the right path which i'm hoping that this site may help me find.

Sorry if thats to much, but that is all my true intentions of being on this site and set me on the right path to become a good christian.

Whatever your opinion on my sexuality or circumstances, please be kind. I really haven't had much kindness lately.

Thank you for reading and hopefully speak to some of you soon :)

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

My name is Ashley and i live in the SW of England. I'm a 26 year old gay man who has been in a committed relationship the past 7 years.

Now the reason i am on here is for guidance. I have been depressed nearly my entire life due to certain circumstances growing up and things that have also happened since. I have always wanted a relationship with God, but those closest to me are very anti-religion. I also don't know anyone who at least openly says they are a Christian.

My current circumstances have not been great - my partner of 7 years cheated on me, i lost my job and therefore have next to no money, inappropriate contentography has taken a hold on me, i spend my days lying in bed doing nothing apart from playing video games and waiting for the day to be over. Its also made me a very jealous person when viewing social media. I don't want to live like this anymore.

I really need some guidance or just prayers from non-judgemental people to help me on the right path which i'm hoping that this site may help me find.

Sorry if thats to much, but that is all my true intentions of being on this site and set me on the right path to become a good christian.

Whatever your opinion on my sexuality or circumstances, please be kind. I really haven't had much kindness lately.

Welcome to CF,
Must ask do you Know Jesus?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

Welcome!

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

HI Ashley.

Welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here.

I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music?

I have found; in times of trouble; like we have with this CV-19; that listening to; and singing along to good Christian P&W music; can bring us closer to Jesus and His wonderful peace.

Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

upload_2016-11-18_15-19-26.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

Good site to learn about The Bible/God/Jesus www.faithalone.org

• Useful
Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,198.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

hello_friend.gif

Welcome to Christian Forums,
Ashley!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone,

Hello and welcome to the forum.

First we all sin ... there is not one good ... no not one.

We are called to repentance, to turn away from sin .... we all have different sins that need to be dealt with.

His Word tells us what sin is .... so through His written Word identify what sin applies to yourself and then ask Him to forgive you and help you overcome them .... if we do so with a sincere heart .... He will helps us ... it may take some time and we may fall down here and there.... but we are to persevere none the less. He loves you and wants to help you ... and He's always right there. One day at a time ... one step at a time.

As a christian ... life will never be perfect .... but our life will be significantly improved - changes in a positive direction will start happening ... we will be more at peace within ourselves.

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

We do pray for His help in the renewing of our minds that we may discern His will. Amen.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone,

Hi Ashley! Welcome! :wave: you might want to try this forum- Requests for Christian Advice

You’ll get more feedback there as this forum is basically just for introductions. I hope you find CF helpful to you!

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @AshleyBear, WELCOME TO CF :wave: We're glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us, and I hope that your time here is enjoyable, and enlightening/helpful/profitable, as well :)

Praying for you (as per your requests above)!

May the Lord bless you as you seek to find Him and know Him!!

--David
p.s. - you will find many here (including myself) who openly and joyfully admit to being Christian, just FYI. We will also do our best to answer any thoughts/concerns or questions that you may have about God, the Bible, the Christian faith, how to become a believer, what the Christian life is all about, etc., so please feel free to ask us anything, and/or to tell us whatever is on your mind.

As @Michie has already pointed out above, I think that a good board for you to begin posting on (concerning spiritual matters) is the board that she suggested in post #10, Requests for Christian Advice.

John 3
16 God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Upvote 0