Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Protestant puritism is where I feel home the most you?

Welcome, but this is the site for Restoration Movement Churches.
1. Churches of Christ
2. Christian Church
3. Christian Church Disciples of Christ
4. Christian Church and Churches of Christ USA
5. International Churches of Christ

No Puritans here, but you are more than welcome to comment and Fellowship here.

• Friendly
Reactions: Saint Beloved
Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
The original content of this message has been removed by the user as posts cannot be deleted. The original content of this message may still be visible if quoted by another CF member.

Last edited:
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

Thedictator

Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World
Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
W2L

One of the early and most prominent doctrines of the Restoration Movement is that the Bible is our only authority today on matters of morality, religion, and the way we live our life. Would you say that is true or not?

We also believe in Absolute Truth over Pluralistic Truth. An Example of this: God is Absolute Truth.
What do you believe about Truth?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
W2L

One of the early and most prominent doctrines of the Restoration Movement is that the Bible is our only authority today on matters of morality, religion, and the way we live our life. Would you say that is true or not?

We also believe in Absolute Truth over Pluralistic Truth. An Example of this: God is Absolute Truth.
What do you believe about Truth?
Yes, i agree that is true.

I believe the scriptures are truth. I follow no other Authority other than scripture. So i guess i would agree that absolute truth is correct.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, i agree that is true.

I believe the scriptures are truth. I follow no other Authority other than scripture. So i guess i would agree that absolute truth is correct.

Good, You sound like a Restorationist.

I would like your interpretation of these two scriptures. This is not about judging but understanding the Truth.

1. Matthew 7:21-23
2. Hebrews 10:24-25

What is God's will in these two scriptures?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good, You sound like a Restorationist.

I would like your interpretation of these two scriptures. This is not about judging but understanding the Truth.

1. Matthew 7:21-23
2. Hebrews 10:24-25

What is God's will in these two scriptures?
The Hebrews scripture is exhorting believers to assemble together and exhort each other. Gods will is that we exhort each other to do good works, pray always, and to be thankful.

Gods will in the Matthew scripture is to obey the words that the Lord spoke in the sermon on the mount, and even what the apostles later wrote as well.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why isn't there a puritan forum?

Tell us more about the restoration movement is it just in the states?

I could not tell you about the Puritan forum.

The Restoration Movement started in the 1600's in Europe and the late 1700's in the United States.
It was a movement to go back to the early days of the Church and restore the beliefs, doctrine, and worship practices of the Original Church. It is worldwide. We have churches in most countries of the world. I come from the more conservative branch of the movement.

1. The Bible is our only authority. We have no creeds.
2. We baptize only believers for the forgiveness of sins - Acts 2:38
3. Simple biblical worship
4. We try not to be a denomination but only Christ's Church.

What Puritan Church do you come from? Some of the early leaders of the Restoration Movement come out of Puritan Churches.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
The original content of this message has been removed by the user as posts cannot be deleted. The original content of this message may still be visible if quoted by another CF member.

Last edited:
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS

The Hebrews scripture is exhorting believers to assemble together and exhort each other. Gods will is that we exhort each other to do good works, pray always, and to be thankful. You said it your self, God's will is for us to assemble together (Go to Church) There are blessing from God that come from assembling together, that you can't get otherwise. Also in most cases Assembling together is the only way one can fulfill the command in James 1:27 or be the religion that God wants. Most of us do not have the means or wealth to take of the people that James is talking about, so we have to pool our resources together to be able to do that work. It is about doing God's will ( Matthew 7:21-23 )

Gods will in the Matthew scripture is to obey the words that the Lord spoke in the sermon on the mount, and even what the apostles later wrote as well.

There are two things to look at here in Matthew 7:21-23

1. The relationship with Jesus Christ-- "I never knew you" is what he said to people who believed they were Christians. So what kind of relationship should we have? We ( the Church ) are the Bride of Christ. The Church is the Bride ( not individual Christians ) Ephesians 5:26-27, Ephesians 5:23.
We also have a relationship with him through other people in the Church. Matthew 25:40 If you love the Church you love God, If you hate the Church you hate God, If you have a relationship with the Church you have a relationship with God, If you ignore the Church you Ignore God.

2. The other is the Will of God, that we have talked about.

Some people try to make Christianity a Philosophy it is not, it is a lifestyle, a way of living, a commitment to Christ, It's not what I want but what Christ wants. Some people think that they are Christians because there philosophy is Christian but live a worldly life. They are not Christian. I'm not trying to judge or be legalistic ( One can not be legalistic with the Word of God, but only with tradition or man made rules. ) but just speak the Truth. So what do you think?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sounds similar!
I'm part of a small house group that tries to live our faith out in a simple but bible based way. We read Scripture and sermons/commentaries by the Protestant Reformationists

In your home church do you take communion? Sing, pray, take up a collection for the work of God like helping the poor. If so I would say that would make you a Restoration Church.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS

There are two things to look at here in Matthew 7:21-23

1. The relationship with Jesus Christ-- "I never knew you" is what he said to people who believed they were Christians. So what kind of relationship should we have? We ( the Church ) are the Bride of Christ. The Church is the Bride ( not individual Christians ) Ephesians 5:26-27, Ephesians 5:23.
We also have a relationship with him through other people in the Church. Matthew 25:40 If you love the Church you love God, If you hate the Church you hate God, If you have a relationship with the Church you have a relationship with God, If you ignore the Church you Ignore God.

2. The other is the Will of God, that we have talked about.

Some people try to make Christianity a Philosophy it is not, it is a lifestyle, a way of living, a commitment to Christ, It's not what I want but what Christ wants. Some people think that they are Christians because there philosophy is Christian but live a worldly life. They are not Christian. I'm not trying to judge or be legalistic ( One can not be legalistic with the Word of God, but only with tradition or man made rules. ) but just speak the Truth. So what do you think?
I believe its hard to love each other in the midst of division and contention over our denominations.`I do however agree that to love Christ is to love the Church, because he commanded us to love one another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All of the above plus separate bible studies for men and women

Well I have no problem with that kind of church, I understand that Home churches have become very popular. My church has small home fellowships on Sunday night instead of the traditional Sunday night service. I like it a lot.

What is your belief about Baptism?

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe its hard to love each other in the midst of division and contention over our denominations.`I do however agree that to love Christ is to love the Church, because he commanded us to love one another.

What is our call as Christians to do what is easy or to do what is right? Doing the right thing most of the time is hard Matthew 7:13-14. The road we are called to walk is not an easy one. Revelation 2:7 People who throw up their hands and quit will never see God or Heaven. It not our job to fix all the problems of the Church, It is our job not to be part of the problem. The Fact is sinful people make up the Church, but those sinful people in the end will see God, and the quitters will not.

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is our call as Christians to do what is easy or to do what is right? Doing the right thing most of the time is hard Matthew 7:13-14. The road we are called to walk is not an easy one. Revelation 2:7 People who throw up their hands and quit will never see God or Heaven. It not our job to fix all the problems of the Church, It is our job not to be part of the problem. The Fact is sinful people make up the Church, but those sinful people in the end will see God, and the quitters will not.
Its difficult, thats for sure.

Upvote 0

Thedictator

Mar 21, 2010
Northeast Texas
✟50,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is a false Doctrine our there that says if you become a spirit filled Christian you will become Rich, not get sick, all your problems will go away through the right kind of faith. This is pure bunk.
Life is hard, That is why we have the Church to help us with our walk with Jesus, but it need to be a true Church not a country club.

Is there a Church of Christ near you? or a Restoration Church?

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is a false Doctrine our there that says if you become a spirit filled Christian you will become Rich, not get sick, all your problems will go away through the right kind of faith. This is pure bunk.
Life is hard, That is why we have the Church to help us with our walk with Jesus, but it need to be a true Church not a country club.

Is there a Church of Christ near you? or a Restoration Church?
I agree that prosperity doctrine is false.

Upvote 0