Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttermilk

Oct 19, 2003
✟16,334.00
Faith
Atheist
edwardelricsfan said:
Hi I have a problem I can't seem to find a religion that suits me. Yes i was brought up Luthern but my hearts not in the the religion . Could someone help me?

First thing Lutern is not a religion it is a branch of Christianity :) (which many don't believe is a religion either, but a relationship with God or faith).

Perhaps at this point in your life luthern is not the correct branch for you, but there are many other branches you can explore.

What is it you don't like about the Luthern denomination?

What sort of things do you think you would like?

Upvote 0

edwardelricsfan

Feb 27, 2006
Somewhere in time
✟8,154.00
Faith
Lutheran
Buttermilk said:
First thing Lutern is not a religion it is a branch of Christianity :) (which many don't believe is a religion either, but a relationship with God or faith).

Perhaps at this point in your life luthern is not the correct branch for you, but there are many other branches you can explore.

What is it you don't like about the Luthern denomination?

What sort of things do you think you would like?
Its just I just don't really get it. I guess i really never have. I've always wondered what is religion anyway. There are so many branches how do you know which one is right for you. Some branches that say if you go against your church that's it you lose you go to hell.But then how do you know whats right and whats wrong?

Upvote 0

Deb7777

Oct 6, 2005
✟16,295.00
Faith
Catholic
edwardelricsfan said:
Its just I just don't really get it. I guess i really never have. I've always wondered what is religion anyway. There are so many branches how do you know which one is right for you. Some branches that say if you go against your church that's it you lose you go to hell.But then how do you know whats right and whats wrong?
Hi friend, first you have to decide Jesus is who you have chosen to follow to the Kingdom of God. Get to know Jesus and his Church. Feel free to visit the Catholic forum here and ask us what we believe about Christ Church, God bless. Remember Jesus says if you seek, you shall find, ask him to lead you to a closer relationship with him everyday and to help you be open to the whisper's of the Holy Spirit in your heart and soul, the answers will slowly come but since God is infinite and we are finite we will never grasp it all, God bless, again.

Upvote 0

thepianist

Sep 6, 2005
✟5,574.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave: Hello my friend. First let me say that NO religion or church is going to get anyone into heaven. Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to get there....

Have you ever accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour? If not, let me share what the Bible says with you....

Romans 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"
Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
Romans 10:9 & 10 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Ephesians 2:8 & 9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Jesus is who you need to accept and follow....the church you decide to attend is completely up to you. I would suggest one that preaches/teaches salvation through Jesus Christ alone - plus nothing, minus nothing. The only one I can really say anything about is the Baptist church.....at least the majority of them still believe that way. My prayers are with you dear, that you will find Jesus.....and the proper church where you can serve Him. :prayer:

Upvote 0

matthewgoh

Dec 15, 2005
Malaysia
Visit site
✟8,249.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is love, Christ is alive, the salvation is real. You need to build a close relationship with God. Keep praying, ask him to guide you, dedicate all the things you do and your life to him. Then you will learn Cristianity is about your love to God, and your love to his creations. God is there, you just need to invite him to come into your life. Through him, you will find true happiness and your life purpose. Then, you will not be worried about the demonitions, which church to go, etc.

Just my tought. God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stinker

Senior Veteran
Sep 23, 2004
Overland Park, KS.
✟4,880.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
edwardelricsfan said:
Thank you all for your advice. but how did you all come to accept god.

Like Romans chapter one says, I also knew down deep within me that God exists, I just didn't want to accept His word because being so immature, I thought that it would cramp my style by having to obey a bunch of His commands. At least that's the way I saw Christianty at the time.

When the time came when I was ready to seriously consider what it would take to get right with God, I bought a red-lettered pocket New Testament and read the 4 Gospels. I cannot really explain what happened to me while I was reading those 4 Gospels. I do not think anyone can explain this experience when it happens to them. After having finished reading them, I went to get baptized, which is the first thing a person should do once they come to New Testament belief. I kept studying the Bible and going to church every Sunday after that experience.

Upvote 0

Deb7777

Oct 6, 2005
✟16,295.00
Faith
Catholic
edwardelricsfan said:
Hi friend, I've always believed in God but it wasn't until I really took time to learn about God through his Church that I saw growth, change and understanding. So, I would say to you study about God and His Church. Of course, praying and communicating with our beloved God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit is to be encouraged! Its a wonderful journey, God bless!

Upvote 0

matthewgoh

Dec 15, 2005
Malaysia
Visit site
✟8,249.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
edwardelricsfan said:
It all started when I humbled myself and accepted Christ as my saviour by faith alone. Throughout the years, God has thought me so many things and he has revealed his love to me. I have learnt that things happen for good... for my salvation. I have been through lots of hardships, and everytime he helps me without fail. He leaves me no room to doubt. This kind of relationship is priceless and it leads us to salvation that he has prepared for us.

So to answer your question - it started by accepting Christ as your saviour, then build a close relationship with God.

Wish you are willing to have a relationship with our creator. God bless.

Upvote 0

edwardelricsfan

Feb 27, 2006
Somewhere in time
✟8,154.00
Faith
Lutheran
matthewgoh said:
It all started when I humbled myself and accepted Christ as my saviour by faith alone. Throughout the years, God has thought me so many things and he has revealed his love to me. I have learnt that things happen for good... for my salvation. I have been through lots of hardships, and everytime he helps me without fail. He leaves me no room to doubt. This kind of relationship is priceless and it leads us to salvation that he has prepared for us.

So to answer your question - it started by accepting Christ as your saviour, then build a close relationship with God.

Wish you are willing to have a relationship with our creator. God bless.
I willing to start one i just dont know how

Upvote 0

Buttermilk

Oct 19, 2003
✟16,334.00
Faith
Atheist
edwardelricsfan said:
I've always wondered what is religion anyway.

Bono said:
"Religion is when God leaves the room and people make up rules to fill the space."

There are so many branches how do you know which one is right for you. Some branches that say if you go against your church that's it you lose you go to hell.But then how do you know whats right and whats wrong?

At the end of the day no one can or should tell you which church to attend. I would recommend you visit a variety of denominations so that you can decide for yourself which one is best for you. No one denomination is 100% right IMHO.

As for going to Hell, no one has any right to tell anyone that they are going to hell, it is not their call to make :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

matthewgoh

Dec 15, 2005
Malaysia
Visit site
✟8,249.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
edwardelricsfan said:
I willing to start one i just dont know how

That's easy. Our Lord is there to help you. Just pray in good faith, accept Jesus as your saviour, ask for forgiveness of you sins, invite his holy spirit to live in your heart. From there on, dedicate your life to him; all the things you do in life. Keep praying, he will answer your prayers, he will show his love and presense to you. It's a relationship, it's not a blind faith.

Ask God to fill your heart with love; you will love him, you will love your neighbours - naturally you will become a good person and you will live a true happy life.

Feel free to post your questions here, all your friends here at CF will gladly help. God bless.

Upvote 0

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
edwardelricsfan said:
Hi I have a problem I can't seem to find a religion that suits me. Yes i was brought up Luthern but my hearts not in the the religion . Could someone help me?

Try this...you will not be sorry...

[URL="http://www.rbthieme.org/asx/376_1726.asx"]http://www.rbthieme.org/asx/376_1726.asx[/URL]
An audio message...........

[URL="http://www.rbthieme.org/"]http://www.rbthieme.org/[/URL]

If you like the message, then here is the front page to the site (all tapes are free, a GRACE ministry....non-denominational.....I have been there over 30 years).

Upvote 0

Chris Norwood

Feb 6, 2006
near Chapel Hill, NC
Visit site
✟7,975.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
To be honest, I was raised in church and have always believed (for at least as long as I was capable of understanding about Him anyway). But there are lots of reasons that I still believe in Him now.

In college, I studied biochemistry, and my favorite part was nucleic acid chemistry and molecular biology (DNA and stuff). The more I learned and studied, the more intricate and beautiful it all became, and the more convinced I was that an awesmely intelligent force must have been behind its design.

But I can see God all around me. And more importantly, I can see God at work in my life. He really does exist, and He's not just some "force" that lives "way out there" somewhere. He is a person that loves every one of us and wants to have a relationship with us, and He is as close as one prayer from your heart.

Now, you asked about religions, and I want you to realize that Christianity is unique among all the religions in the world. When you boil every other religion down to its most basic belief, you find that they all say that if we work hard enough, think deep enough, or keep ourselves pure enough, we can somehow earn our way into heaven, paradise, nirvana, enlightenment, or whatever else they call their reward.

Christianity, however, says that we humans have just screwed it all up. That we are lost in our sin and are incapable of digging our way out. It is the story of the one true God who loved us enough to send His son, Jesus, to come to the Earth and teach us more about God, and then finally to take our sin upon Himself and die the death that we all have earned.

Our salvation is a free gift from the God who loves us and wants to make a home in our hearts. All we have to do is to come back to Him, admit our sinful ways and the fact that we can't fix ourselves, and accept the salvation provided through Jesus' death and resurrection, turning from our own path and following Him as our Lord.

Christianity is a relationship with God, not membership in a church. But often the best way to consistently learn about, hear from, and serve God is to join a local congregation. So don't be afraid to try out different denominations, talk to their pastors/ministers/priests, and pray to God that He will show you a church family where you can come to know Him better.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.